gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 04:37:03 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Feel Flows vol 2?  (Read 10041 times)
Joshilyn Hoisington
Honored Guest

Aeijtzsche

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2022, 09:21:50 AM »

So make fun of me if you want, but I bought all 5 of the MISC TRACKS 1971 release, all separately as that cost less than buying the "set" for $9.99 or whatever it was.

Funny thing is though, I got a refund from Bandcamp today. So are we sure this was indeed sanctioned by Brother Records? I just think it's interesting they didn't keep my money if it was something on the level.

Capitol is responsible for the posting.  They violated Bandcamp's terms of use by so doing, thus everybody who bought anything from them got refunded.
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2022, 09:40:48 AM »

This is ridiculous. So the tracks are cataloged, prepared, and uploaded (under cover of darkness) to Bandcamp of all places, then pulled, and will fans be able to legitimately buy these recordings at some point? Or is it radio silence yet again?

I thought the "blockbuster" deal struck with the band's catalog and legacy was going to prevent this kind of fumbling around with the catalog.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2022, 04:21:02 PM »

It’s not that big of a deal. There will be some sort of release this year. It got people talking though lol

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Don Malcolm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2022, 08:51:35 PM »

As the Lovester once put it (right after being divested of that infamous "jug"...):

"Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose..."  3D
doc smiley
Smiley Smile Associate

Timeless pounds the livin' daylights outta trendy

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2022, 08:49:41 AM »

It’s not that big of a deal. There will be some sort of release this year. It got people talking though lol

Holding you to a release date Billy  Smiley

"A voice or a song can be so comforting to someone who really needs it."
..................................Brian Wilson, 1990
Dan Lega
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2022, 08:08:02 AM »

So make fun of me if you want, but I bought all 5 of the MISC TRACKS 1971 release, all separately as that cost less than buying the "set" for $9.99 or whatever it was.

Funny thing is though, I got a refund from Bandcamp today. So are we sure this was indeed sanctioned by Brother Records? I just think it's interesting they didn't keep my money if it was something on the level.

Capitol is responsible for the posting.  They violated Bandcamp's terms of use by so doing, thus everybody who bought anything from them got refunded.

Hey, I know absolutely NOTHING about Bandcamp.  Josh, could you please explain which Bandcamp's "terms of use" were violated by the Beach Boys?  And how much did it cost to listen/download the tracks?
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2022, 08:49:37 AM »

Again I'll say the whole thing on the surface is ridiculous. For Capitol to dump tracks to Bandcamp - an upload site for artists and podcasters which anyone can join, start an account and upload their music either for free or for purchase - seems to have been an undercover way to establish a release of those tracks to reclaim the copyright under those existing and often absurd "rules" regarding copyrights running out. And it seems like it was done as a placeholder until a future release to establish that copyright ownership by showing proof of a release date within the time frame...not expecting anyone to actually find and try to buy the tracks.

So yes, I'm also confused as to this point about violating the terms of use on Bandcamp, since there really aren't many terms of use to begin with and pretty much anyone can record a 3 minute clip of themselves screaming into a mic and upload it for sale on Bandcamp with little restriction. And if Capitol did it, I'd think any violation if that's what it was would have been by design. Selling the tracks wasn't the goal, and I think they hoped no one would find them until the release date could be established and then they'd be pulled anyway.

They've done similar things before. I'm just saying that's what it seems happened, not stating what exactly happened. But for a catalog that was just purchased for literally tens of millions of dollars, and one of the last few remaining major labels from the old days being involved, it all seems a little ridiculous to do this and have people find it.

My question is after the tracks were purchased by whoever bought them, did they actually receive access to hear the tracks, or was the purchase canceled before it even went through?

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
Joshilyn Hoisington
Honored Guest

Aeijtzsche

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2022, 03:02:31 PM »

People who paid for them were able to download them, they got access.

I can't speak for Bandcamp, but I'd imagine if pressed, they'd cite their term of use "You shall not...upload...[anything] you know is false, misleading, untruthful or inaccurate".  That could just be a loose pretext for simply not appreciating being party to a bad-faith workaround of a loophole in copyright law, though -- again, i'm not privy to the inner workings of the company's decision to declare that the terms were violated.
JonEverett
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2022, 07:55:01 AM »

Do we know about these on YT?

I certainly didn't, and  did a search on here and found no mention

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfuZ3___kCg&list=OLAK5uy_kRnxiFllLZJcN4mJZpiZROSz-7BYmpV54
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOc5bOGKdxQ&list=OLAK5uy_nIn_6PoId2ONJwhvaC_u72gTGRzfu_4I0

I hope someone at least finds them useful.

Jon

37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2022, 10:20:54 AM »

"Video not available" on both.

Check out my podcasts: Tune X Podcast (tunex.fab4it.com) and Autobiography of a Schnook (SchnookPodcast.com); there are worse things you can do!
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx