gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 08:19:30 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robert Plant & Alison Krauss 'Raise the Roof'  (Read 1596 times)
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« on: November 15, 2021, 08:00:47 PM »

Alongside 'Long Promised Road' and 'At My Piano', Robert Plant and Alison Krauss' 'Raise the Roof' will be released on November 19 as well. I was a huge fan of their 'Raising Sand' album, and the three singles released for their latest project sound fantastic. Anywho, I just found out about this the other day, and wanted to inform anyone else of this in case they missed the news like I did!

https://www.amazon.com/Raise-Robert-Plant-Alison-Krauss/dp/B09BDLX1CL
« Last Edit: November 15, 2021, 08:03:28 PM by rab2591 » Logged

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2021, 11:55:28 AM »

Alongside 'Long Promised Road' and 'At My Piano', Robert Plant and Alison Krauss' 'Raise the Roof' will be released on November 19 as well. I was a huge fan of their 'Raising Sand' album, and the three singles released for their latest project sound fantastic. Anywho, I just found out about this the other day, and wanted to inform anyone else of this in case they missed the news like I did!

https://www.amazon.com/Raise-Robert-Plant-Alison-Krauss/dp/B09BDLX1CL

My wife's a big fan of that album. Thanks for the heads up, rab. Wink

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2021, 10:01:34 AM »

I liked the first project, and I'm enjoying what I'm hearing from this upcoming release as well. It sounds like Plant has found his new inspiration in both recording with Alison, and revisiting songs more on the vibe of his old Honeydrippers rockabilly/50's tribute project back in the 80's. Because Plant sounds fantastic! He and Alison have a great blend, and Plant's vocals really deliver the goods. That's pretty amazing considering his history in the 60's and 70's where he was literally shredding his voice on stage with Zep.

In fact I'd say Plant's vocals - based on these duet projects with Alison - show that he is one of the artists from the 60's and 70's whose musical skill and vocal prowess has survived the decades. Understanding the circumstances behind one of the following artists, compare the Plant-Krauss project to a recent duet pairing of Springsteen and Mellencamp. It sounds like two hoarse guys singing during the peak of a bad cold or flu. Again, I know what Mellencamp went through, but hearing "The Boss"...I just don't get it, or the appeal. Especially after hearing Robert Plant actually singing and harmonizing skillfully versus croaking out lyrics.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2021, 05:58:00 PM »

I liked the first project, and I'm enjoying what I'm hearing from this upcoming release as well. It sounds like Plant has found his new inspiration in both recording with Alison, and revisiting songs more on the vibe of his old Honeydrippers rockabilly/50's tribute project back in the 80's. Because Plant sounds fantastic! He and Alison have a great blend, and Plant's vocals really deliver the goods. That's pretty amazing considering his history in the 60's and 70's where he was literally shredding his voice on stage with Zep.

In fact I'd say Plant's vocals - based on these duet projects with Alison - show that he is one of the artists from the 60's and 70's whose musical skill and vocal prowess has survived the decades. Understanding the circumstances behind one of the following artists, compare the Plant-Krauss project to a recent duet pairing of Springsteen and Mellencamp. It sounds like two hoarse guys singing during the peak of a bad cold or flu. Again, I know what Mellencamp went through, but hearing "The Boss"...I just don't get it, or the appeal. Especially after hearing Robert Plant actually singing and harmonizing skillfully versus croaking out lyrics.

Yeah Springsteen doesn’t sound too great these days.

And I totally agree about Plant’s voice. It is such an unusual pairing, but it works so well. And the instrumentals for these songs are just stellar. This Friday is going to be such a wonderful day full of music!

Also, glad to see you posting here again, I hope all is well with you!

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
Awesoman
Smiley Smile Associate

Disagreements? Work 'em out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2021, 03:58:17 PM »

Loved their first album.  Need more time for this one to grow on me.  I really like "Can't Let Go" and the title track so far. 

And if you don't know where you're going
Any road will take you there
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx