gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 12:09:20 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: LoCash Wrote + Recorded New Song ‘Beach Boys’ With the Actual Beach Boys  (Read 13081 times)
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« on: November 14, 2021, 10:50:21 AM »

I don't now what this is supposed to be....

LoCash Wrote + Recorded New Song ‘Beach Boys’ With the Actual Beach Boys

https://tasteofcountry.com/locash-beach-boys-new-song-collaboration/?fbclid=IwAR32Cl2hjeWDKQ23uw8McmBREHJVo9-XuWpl4SXfI-HwSrIAVd_Li4ocM44

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
“Big Daddy”
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2022, 09:10:37 AM »

Only 4 days away from getting to hear “Beach Boys” (feat. Mike Love & Bruce Johnston of The Beach Boys) Smokin

(via https://twitter.com/LOCASHmusic/status/1490824426572582913)

For those who believe that Brian walks on water, I will always be the Antichrist.
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2022, 09:15:05 AM »

Digital-only release?
Rob Dean
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2022, 10:36:42 AM »

Here you go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGUPAaojCcQ

Vid uploaded a few months ago, 1st listed I can't hear Mike & Bruce - Will certainly re-visit with headphones OR Maybe the Boys vocals where added recently for the single release ??
« Last Edit: February 28, 2022, 10:40:30 AM by Rob Dean » Logged
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2022, 11:17:24 AM »

I think that's the original version.
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2022, 11:27:52 AM »

Didn't we already do this runaround a few years ago with Mike's "Unleash the Love?"

Why are they using the actual Beach Boys logo? Yes, there's a microscopic "of" there, but let us all recall that even on an actual Mike Love album a few years ago, they actually re-did the sticker on the cover to remove the actual Beach Boys logo. The fact that this song is called "Beach Boys" is obviously only extra confusing.

This all as Al Jardine can't sell 100 tickets to his "Family & Friends" shows. Want to take a wild guess as to how Mike would feel is Al used the actual "Beach Boys" logo on his concert posters and albums? I again have to point out that had Al Jardine put the Beach Boys logo on the cover of his "Live in Las Vegas" album back in 2001, he would have been sued into oblivion.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2022, 11:29:47 AM »

And I just listened to the song and it's f**king awful. Like the worst. Like, it makes "Stars and Stripes" sound like "Pet Sounds." It makes "Unleash the Love"  sound like "Holland."

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2022, 11:32:34 AM »

Digital-only release?

It's awful, like truly one of the worst things I've ever heard any BB even tangentially linked to. It's *that* bad. This is the one time where I absolutely think this does not need to be pressed onto any physical media, ever.

HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2022, 11:37:25 AM »

These guys also appear to be predictably shameless in promoting this thing. "Co written with Brian Wilson and Mike Love?" Like you sat in a room with Brian Wilson? They seem to want people to think that they did this with "THE" Beach Boys, and imply they worked with Brian in the article.

The article claims both Brian and Mike "endorsed" the project. I'm curious if this is truly the case.

Truly, truly awful, awful music. Makes that Beach Boys Status Quo team-up sound like "Sunflower" in comparison.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2022, 11:38:24 AM by HeyJude » Logged

Peadar 'Big Dinner' O'Driscoll
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2022, 11:37:35 AM »

No room for McGrath and Stamos! You just lost a sale LoCash!  Angry

HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2022, 11:39:13 AM »

No room for McGrath and Stamos! You just lost a sale LoCash!  Angry

The McGrath/Stamos track is better. Truly. I'd listen to it in a heartbeat over this Locash thing.

That being said, you probably just gave them an idea.....

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2022, 12:03:06 PM »

You okay Jude! Grin

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
MyDrKnowsItKeepsMeCalm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2022, 01:33:37 PM »

He seems unsure of the level of quality.  LOL

18thofMay
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin to the beach

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2022, 07:30:11 PM »

6 seconds....
wow crap

It’s like he hired a fashion consultant and told her to make him look “punchable.”
Some Guy, 2012
"Donald Trump makes Mike Love look like an asshole"
Me ,2015.
UEF
Smiley Smile Associate

Sheriff John-ston

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2022, 02:27:57 AM »

Where's this supposed new version then?
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2022, 06:04:15 AM »

"The duo co-wrote "Beach Boys" with Brian Wilson and Mike Love from the Beach Boys."

Let's leave the John Deere here, take the CJ
Let's roll this back road into a freeway
Gonna drive until the map turns blue
Where they say we talk a little funny

I'm talking way down south where the sun hits
All them girls looking good gettin' sun-kissed
Tryin' hard to catch a peek of where the sun missed
And turn 'em on to Brooks and Dunn

Let's trade our ball caps in for sombreros
Instead of Jack D, shoot some Cuervo
Mix up some rum with some Kokomo
Blow all our money

Let's take the country to the beach boys
Trade that red dirt in for sand
Show 'em how we Tennessee boys
Catch a Jon boat buzz on a catamaran
And get a little bit of red on my redneck
Drop a lime in the bottom of a long neck
Find a boat that floats and get shipwrecked
With some local honey, mm
Let's take the country to the beach boys

Makes me wonder exactly what parts of this song that Mike or Brian remotely had a hand in writing? Was it the John Deere line? Or the part about trying to get a peek where the sun don't shine? Or where the boys are taking shots of Cuervo?...Given Mike's staunch and public lambasting of Brian's self-medicating I just can't imagine Mike Love endorsing such an artificial stimulant.

These guys also appear to be predictably shameless in promoting this thing. "Co written with Brian Wilson and Mike Love?" Like you sat in a room with Brian Wilson?

Yeah I'd love to know the extent of this collaboration.

Honestly I love hearing Beach Boys' influences in modern music (I heard a modern bluegrass song the other day that had obvious Beach Boys harmonies and it was so pleasant to hear), but this^ is exactly every country song that has been made in the last 10 years...only this one has a Beach Boys homage haphazardly slapped onto it during the chorus.

John Deere reference? Check.
Alcohol reference? Check.
Truck reference? Check.
Redneck reference? Check.

Any mainstream modern country I've heard for the last 10+ years has been an atrocious unintentional parody of the genre. Kinda sad to see The Beach Boys get dragged into it - but after the Mark McGrath collaboration made it clear that any standards The Beach Boys may have had have been tossed into a flaming dumpster, I guess anything is possible at this point.

But hey, absolutely and positively nothing can hurt the legacy at this point, so I'm not worried about it. It's just like any other day as a Beach Boys fan...

« Last Edit: March 01, 2022, 06:42:37 AM by rab2591 » Logged

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
“Big Daddy”
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2022, 07:29:33 AM »

Where's this supposed new version then?

The version featuring Mike and Bruce is out digitally this Friday.

Makes me wonder exactly what parts of this song that Mike or Brian remotely had a hand in writing?

I have to imagine Brian and Mike are getting credit solely because the song samples “I Get Around.” Probably just sloppy reporting from tasteofcountry.com.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2022, 07:32:54 AM by “Big Daddy” » Logged

For those who believe that Brian walks on water, I will always be the Antichrist.
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2022, 11:07:07 AM »

I have to imagine Brian and Mike are getting credit solely because the song samples “I Get Around.” Probably just sloppy reporting from tasteofcountry.com.

Yeah I definitely think this is the case - just funny how the article states at least 2 times that LoCash co-wrote the song with The Beach Boys....when the closest the band comes to describing their collaboration is recording with Mike and Bruce in a dressing room (which is perhaps an upgrade from the Mark McGrath collaboration which was seemingly filmed and/or recorded in a hotel room).

However, perhaps The Beach Boys collaborative version has different lyrics? - and for once I'd probably rather have Mike rhyme about good vibrations/assassinations over this John Deere nonsense.

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
UEF
Smiley Smile Associate

Sheriff John-ston

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2022, 12:00:55 PM »

As a foreigner, the music genre of 'autotune country' is quite something to behold
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2022, 01:23:59 PM »

As a foreigner, the music genre of 'autotune country' is quite something to behold

This video is from 2013 and it gives examples of how unoriginal and vapid country music was in 2013 - and sadly absolutely nothing has changed since then. I mean this LoCash/Beach Boys song would fit perfectly into this video.

I find it amusing for the most-part, especially living in the country you hear it pretty often - at restaurants and sometimes blasting out of someone's lifted truck. Bro country, beat-country, it is a complete mystery to me how people can consistently listen to this stuff. It's like there are 5 main topics of mainstream country and these artists pick 2 or 3 per song, shuffle the order around, and there's your song...rinse and repeat. For 2+ decades.

It makes money, so I get why it keeps being produced/recorded. I just can't believe that the core audience doesn't realize that they are listening to the same songs over and over and over again....or if they do, that they don't care.

MyDrKnowsItKeepsMeCalm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2022, 08:32:07 AM »

Agree 100% with everything that's been said. Can I just mention as well, the 'trade our ball caps in for sombreros' line seems... problematic... for entirely different reasons.

HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2022, 10:57:56 AM »

I tried it again showing it to somebody. Awful. The worst.

This thing was irritating before I heard it just based on the use of the BB name and logo after the myriad of lawsuits and threatened lawsuits against BB members in the last couple decades over use of the BB name. Actually listening to the thing absolutely leads me to the inevitable conclusion that this might be the worst thing ever released connected to the band. I'll even include awful unreleased stuff. I'll take any of it. "Battle Hymn of the Republic." That doctored off-key "Can't Stop Talking About American Girls." Even "This Too Shall Pass." Santa's Goin' to Kokomo, Carl's drunken Australian tracks, Dennis's 1983 "You Are So Beautiful", anything from "Going Public", Mike's Hyatt Regency jingles, Adrian Baker's knock-off medleys, that tape of Brian singing "Barbara Ann" drunk, Al's "Eternal Ballad", that "America, I Know You" thing, anything off of "Summer in Paradise", the isolated vocals from the Queen Mary '81 gig, Murry's "Kentucky Fried Chicken" jingle, Mike and Bruce's car dealership TV commercials, anything. This Locash thing is worse than all of those combined.

I really hope Brian didn't actually endorse this. If he did, I blame him too. It's that bad.

The dumbest, worst thing possible to be the first thing of their 60th anniversary year to bare the actual Beach Boys logo.

rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2022, 01:18:10 PM »

I tried it again showing it to somebody. Awful. The worst.

This thing was irritating before I heard it just based on the use of the BB name and logo after the myriad of lawsuits and threatened lawsuits against BB members in the last couple decades over use of the BB name. Actually listening to the thing absolutely leads me to the inevitable conclusion that this might be the worst thing ever released connected to the band. I'll even include awful unreleased stuff. I'll take any of it. "Battle Hymn of the Republic." That doctored off-key "Can't Stop Talking About American Girls." Even "This Too Shall Pass." Santa's Goin' to Kokomo, Carl's drunken Australian tracks, Dennis's 1983 "You Are So Beautiful", anything from "Going Public", Mike's Hyatt Regency jingles, Adrian Baker's knock-off medleys, that tape of Brian singing "Barbara Ann" drunk, Al's "Eternal Ballad", that "America, I Know You" thing, anything off of "Summer in Paradise", the isolated vocals from the Queen Mary '81 gig, Murry's "Kentucky Fried Chicken" jingle, Mike and Bruce's car dealership TV commercials, anything. This Locash thing is worse than all of those combined.

I really hope Brian didn't actually endorse this. If he did, I blame him too. It's that bad.

The dumbest, worst thing possible to be the first thing of their 60th anniversary year to bare the actual Beach Boys logo.

LOL that is one impressive list of tunes, HeyJude!

Makes me wonder how bad this song is (the version with Mike and Bruce coming on the 4th) considering LoCache said "we want to get out to the fans ASAP" yet it has been about 4 months since the original "Beach Boys" song came out. I'm hoping that robo Mike doesn't make an appearance to make an already dreadful song that much worse.

"Just having Mike Love and Brian Wilson even endorse this project and just say we will even allow this to happen is huge, because there's so much protection around that dynasty, around that legacy"

Someone needs to remind Preston Brust that saying the words "legacy" when referring to The Beach Boys starts a chain reaction of sheer panic from certain fans. Remember, kids, absolutely nothing can ever alter the image of this band....Mike Love playing a Trump endorsed trophy hunting gig? It's not like Brian Wilson himself went on to boycott The Beach Boys music after that...

What is interesting is that LoCash asserts the idea that The Beach Boys' legacy is something that seems to have protection around it...and then they completely prove this notion wrong by releasing this gem. If there was any protection regarding this legacy I highly doubt that this single, recorded in a Tuscaloosa dressing room, would ever have The Beach Boys logo anywhere near it.

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2022, 05:32:09 PM »

Heyjude and Rab better get in line and like the song (or else) from the good people at the EH board. Roll Eyes

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2022, 06:03:12 PM »

Heyjude and Rab better get in line and like the song (or else) from the good people at the EH board. Roll Eyes

LOL yeah, I guess me sharing my viewpoints is me “stroking out”? One guy said the “rage” here made him relisten to the song, whereupon he found he likes the tune.

Honestly, if people like this song and get some joy from it, I’m glad! For me, I live in what was previously a confederate state (whose many occupants listen to this music constantly), so I’ve heard this exact song (with slight variation) for the last 15+ years (trucks, rednecks, booze). If this music is new to some people (or the addition of The Beach Boys adds a nice flavor), or they just like the song, that’s great. For me, it has been an unoriginal genre for over a decade (maybe even longer), and it’s odd to see The Beach Boys associated with it…especially as the year of the 60th anniversary gets underway.

gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx