gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 02:55:59 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dennis Wilson's Rainbows played at Starbucks!  (Read 1875 times)
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

Bill Cooper Mystery Babylon

View Profile
« on: October 13, 2021, 02:01:06 PM »

I was pleasantly surprised to hear this. I asked the manager if they control the music played, and she said no. But I told her I love the song and surprised to hear it!

I know there was an older thread somewhere on songs surprised to hear at stores. But I'm too excited to find it right now. 😄

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Mike Love autobiography (pg 242-243)
Sam_BFC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2021, 07:05:16 PM »

Nice.
I remember The Like in I Love You being played in a Starbucks in Japan. My one and only visit to the country back in 2011.

"..be cautious, don't get your hopes up, look over your shoulder because heartbreak and darkness are always ready to pounce"

petsoundsnola
Dove Nested Towers
Smiley Smile Associate

Goodnight, Mrs. Calabash, wherever you are!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2021, 02:48:40 AM »

I was pleasantly surprised to hear this. I asked the manager if they control the music played, and she said no. But I told her I love the song and surprised to hear it!

I know there was an older thread somewhere on songs surprised to hear at stores. But I'm too excited to find it right now. 😄

It would be very sweet to hear that song played in any public place. I love Harpo's "Gookie" from "Monkey Business" that you have as your avatar!

"The police aren't there to create disorder,
they're there to preserve disorder!" -Mayor
Daly, Chicago 1968
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2021, 05:35:46 AM »

Nice. I remember reading that Starbucks played "Daylight Over The Ocean"...and maybe "Beaches In Mind"...from TWGMTR shortly after its release.
Awesoman
Smiley Smile Associate

Disagreements? Work 'em out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2021, 07:11:05 AM »

I once heard "Sail On, Sailor" at either Publix or Kroger back in the 90's that music was out of print.  But by far the rarest thing I've ever heard was a muzak version of "Surf's Up" in an airport...also back in the 90's!

And if you don't know where you're going
Any road will take you there
TonyW
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2021, 03:07:35 PM »

Back in 2001 Starbucks released a Beach Boys compilation which at the time was regarded by some, including me, as one of the better Beach Boys compilations. It was called Summer Crush. Track list: I Can Hear Music, Don't Worry Baby, Sail On Sailor, GOK, Surf's Up, Wouldn't It Be Nice, Friends, Add Some Music, Sloop, Cool Cool Water, Disnet Girls, GV, Caroline No, Do It Again.
MyDrKnowsItKeepsMeCalm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2021, 04:43:32 PM »

Back in 2001 Starbucks released a Beach Boys compilation which at the time was regarded by some, including me, as one of the better Beach Boys compilations. It was called Summer Crush. Track list: I Can Hear Music, Don't Worry Baby, Sail On Sailor, GOK, Surf's Up, Wouldn't It Be Nice, Friends, Add Some Music, Sloop, Cool Cool Water, Disnet Girls, GV, Caroline No, Do It Again.

Agreed, that's a very cool mix!

c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2021, 04:57:49 PM »

I once heard "Sail On, Sailor" at either Publix or Kroger back in the 90's that music was out of print.  But by far the rarest thing I've ever heard was a muzak version of "Surf's Up" in an airport...also back in the 90's!

Yeah, I used to hear that muzak "SU" now and then in the hallways at work, along with a muzak "Sail On Sailor" and "Warmth Of The Sun". It was indeed the early '90s, when muzak was still a thing. Nowadays, I'm not surprised to hear Bon Scott-era AC/DC songs (the actual original recordings) at my local grocery store ("Dirty Deeds", "Big Balls", etc.). How times have changed!
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx