gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680756 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 20, 2024, 02:58:20 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 60th Anniversary Tour  (Read 17253 times)
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: August 10, 2022, 04:19:14 PM »

There is no need for a 60th anniversary reunion tour.  These guys do not owe us one either.  And despite the way the 50th anniversary reunion fizzled out near the end, it overshadowed the fact that it was still actually a very successful and high profile reunion complete with a great appearance on Jimmy Fallon's show among other appearances.   And it produced an album that was far better than it had any reason to be.  Even if some folks groaned over the production, it still is a better way to conclude the band's studio album career than with Stars & Stripes, Vol. 1 and especially Summer In Paradise.   The potential documentary is more than enough to recognize the band's milestone.

Not trying to derail the thread, but am I really in the minority of people who actually prefer Summer In Paradise to Stars & Stripes, Vol. 1?

I mean, admittedly, I'm not a country music fan, generally speaking. But, even with all the problems of Summer In Paradise, it just pains me to see The Beach Boys being used as a back-up band to mostly second or third rate country artists. The only redeeming quality for me is that the background vocals are stellar as always, and I quite like this version of "Caroline, No."

But, I absolutely agree that That's Why God Made The Radio is far and away a MUCH better ending for the guys than even a new studio album at this point would be. Even if I'd welcome it with open arms.

Agreed on all points. I’d rather listen to SIP on repeat then hear most of S&S again. The former is an awful, zero star album. The latter is even worse, with most of the features being absolutely horrific. It’s so bad that I can’t even score it with a number or letter. I’ll have to reach out into the animal kingdom for help with this one… it scores a negative cockroach .

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx