gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
674597 Posts in 27223 Topics by 4010 Members - Latest Member: angleofreason May 25, 2022, 09:24:13 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 60th Anniversary Tour  (Read 7200 times)
SonoraDick
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2022, 04:26:54 PM »

Darn that Al Jardine.  Every time I think I'm out, he pulls me back in...

That's what George Costanza said (I think)!
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2022, 04:41:50 PM »

Yeah, it’s from Seinfeld but they were referencing The Godfather part III (I think) when Michael is lamenting that he can’t leave the family business.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.
southbay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2022, 05:10:46 PM »

Yeah, it’s from Seinfeld but they were referencing The Godfather part III (I think) when Michael is lamenting that he can’t leave the family business.

yes and yes. Michael Corleone then Costanza

Summer's gone...it's finally sinking in
NateRuvin
Smiley Smile Associate

"I had to prove that I could make it alone"...

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2022, 05:14:04 PM »

Leave it to Al to spill the beans as always.  LOL   very excited!
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2022, 05:18:55 PM »

Can Locash open with free club Kokomo tickets? Grin

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2022, 06:19:31 PM »

Al just posted a birthday message for Mike and included “See you at the reunion”.  Shocked Shocked Shocked

Not getting my hopes up but please!

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2022, 07:20:01 PM »

The luhvfather! LOL
I'll go if the luhvster isn't in attendance.

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2022, 12:01:41 AM »

Not that it’s a contest, but I’d love to see a 2 member Rolling Stones 60th Tour get ‘out original..ed’ by the Hawthorne boys…even for a one-off.
myonlysunshine
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2022, 04:40:00 AM »

For those who saw the Beach Boys Talk stream last night, Jon Stebbins was the guest and he commented on Greg, Matt, Evan, and I's thoughts on a potential 60th reunion and whether or not Al was joking. During Evan and I's segment with Greg and Matt earlier on in the stream, Evan and I both agreed that we thought Al was just joking and messing with the fans, but when Jon came on he pretty much said without revealing any details that Al was not joking and there are big things being planned/discussed. After the stream ended, I also heard from a different inside source who confirmed a few things Jon was hinting at, some of which I've heard rumblings about. But needless to say, I no longer think Al was joking.

I am still not getting my hopes up. Nothing is a sure thing until it happens, just like the Feel Flows box set delay showed. But still, I am much more excited about the possibility of a potential reunion now compared to how I felt 8 hours ago.

Edit: Edited for clarity.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2022, 06:31:39 AM by myonlysunshine » Logged
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

Bill Cooper Mystery Babylon

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2022, 04:53:54 PM »

Brian, Mike Al, Bruce, Dave, Blondie and Ricky. Plus California Saga. Wouldn't that be cool? That's my Summer Dream.

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Mike Love autobiography (pg 242-243)
UEF
Smiley Smile Associate

Sheriff John-ston

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2022, 06:44:25 AM »

This press release around the Sounds of Summer 6LP also mentions a tribute concert.

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/the-beach-boys-announce-yearlong-60th-anniversary-global-celebration-301535248.html

Would suggest that if it's not in that press statement, then that tribute gig (which may feature some, all or none of the BBs) is the closest we'll get to a 60th celebration
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2022, 01:36:03 PM »

Just pointing out that by the September this year, 4 of the C50 principles will be in their 80s. Planning and promoting any kind of Beach Boys band participation in their own tribute months out is possibly being viewed as a ‘if possible’.

« Last Edit: April 28, 2022, 01:36:43 PM by Pretty Funky » Logged
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2022, 09:55:39 PM »

You can always count on Al spilling the beans.

Interesting….9:35 Al talks about about a possible ‘trial’ reunion show being proposed.

https://youtu.be/FfEZV3hO_eg
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2022, 07:26:23 PM »

If they were the Kinks, they'd wait until year 61 or 62 to do a 60th anniversary reunion.

On the other hand, this IS the Beach Boys we're talking about.
 Roll Eyes
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2022, 06:30:09 AM »

They've all got their own bookings set through pretty much the end of the year. Mike already has 2023 dates scheduled.

The only way an actual gig could happen would be a one-off (or a very short series of shows). And if they did that, I'd say there's a decent chance it might not even be a regular "gig" as such, but some sort of thing shot on a TV sound stage with an invited audience or something. One of those deals where you play two or three nights and then edit it together as one "concert special."

I don't see much of a scenario where a live show at this stage could approach the stunning quality of the 2012 tour. Even setting aside that they're all 10 years older and really only Al still sounds as good, if they do a one-off or short series of shows, I would doubt the setlist would be as deep or as lengthy as the best of those 2012 shows. That tour started out great in terms of show quality, but it absolutely evolved as it continued, with longer, more interesting setlists. I don't see a 2022 one-off show replicated that 2012 Royal Albert Hall show where they did 61 songs.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
Tony S
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2022, 01:11:39 PM »

I agree with Hey Jude
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx