gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 01:11:44 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: RIP Norm Macdonald  (Read 1334 times)
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« on: September 14, 2021, 03:18:39 PM »

I can't believe it, I'm in shock. Norm - to me - was one of the funniest comedians in the business. His humor didn't appeal to everyone, but I thought he was brilliant, and unafraid to do edgy and truly funny stand-up...a lost art in today's world. Comedy lost a great one today.

https://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/awards/norm-macdonald-former-saturday-night-live-player-stand-comic-dies-n1279164

Some of the funniest things I have seen on TV over the past 30 years or so have come from Norm. His final stand-up routine on the last week of David Letterman's CBS show is one of the finest comedy appearances ever.

In my opinion.

RIP Norm.

One of the funniest punch lines ever delivered...the words "box office poison". Norm's and Conan's fans will know that one.  LOL

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2021, 03:22:06 AM »

A very funny man!  Gone way too soon! RIP Norm!!!

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2021, 07:26:19 AM »

I love his Burt Reynolds impersonation. R.I.P.

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2021, 09:48:35 AM »

Rest in power, Turd Ferguson.

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx