gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 10:15:20 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A new 'Take A Load Off Your Feet' video on YouTube for 'Surf's Up' Big 5-0  (Read 1257 times)
Summertime Blooz
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: August 31, 2021, 08:50:37 PM »

I've just released a new video to YouTube for the song 'Take A Load Off Your Feet' to commemorate the 50th Anniversary of the 'Surf's Up' album which was just yesterday. I hope you'll all check it out.

Take A Load Off Your Feet:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlNngDXPdp8

While making this video I noticed a couple of interesting errors in the original album's lyric sheet. I wonder if someone who has the new box set could tell me if they've been fixed.

First, there's "Pete knows all the treacherous blows"  which should be "treacherous foes".

Second, there's "And dusty old saunas too" which should be be "And does the yogasanas too".  I learned that yogasana is simply another way to describe a yoga pose. It seems to be a shortened form of yoga asanas (yoga poses).
Now the lyric actually makes sense, doesn't it?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2021, 10:07:55 PM by krabklaw » Logged

Please visit 'The American(a) Trip Slideshow' where you can watch the videos and listen to fan mixes of all the Smile songs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doOws3284PQ&list=PLptIp1kEl6BWNpXyJ_mb20W4ZqJ14-Hgg
Aomdiddlywalla
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2021, 01:16:09 AM »

'sweet,   sweet are your feet' ??
Summertime Blooz
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2021, 10:47:11 AM »

'sweet,   sweet are your feet' ??
I gave up on that lyric. It does sound like "sweet are your feet", but I couldn't figure what the preceding word is other that "Be" or "These", so I just went with "These feet are your feet". I take that line to mean that you must take ownership for their care, and by extension, ownership for your own health and well-being. There's even the earlier line in the song "You better take care of your life 'cause nobody else will." that has that same message.

(Post 1111!!!!)
« Last Edit: September 01, 2021, 11:01:45 AM by krabklaw » Logged

Please visit 'The American(a) Trip Slideshow' where you can watch the videos and listen to fan mixes of all the Smile songs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doOws3284PQ&list=PLptIp1kEl6BWNpXyJ_mb20W4ZqJ14-Hgg
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2021, 03:50:14 PM »

I thought it was "Sweet, Pete, are your feet"  LOL
Aomdiddlywalla
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2021, 08:32:16 AM »

'Pete... be sweet to your feet'?
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2021, 09:26:29 AM »

Always a pleasure to watch your videos. And a nice idea to use Bigfoot.

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx