gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680749 Posts in 27614 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 06:07:39 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tune X Podcast  (Read 7283 times)
37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« on: August 20, 2021, 07:00:45 AM »

So, uhmm...yeah. The Mrs. and I just launched a Beach Boys podcast. Unlike Sail On (which you should absolutely listen to if you're not already!), we're not going chronologically album-by-album, track-by-track, etc., but instead discussing particular subject matters; I guess like what Fab 4 Free 4 All does with The Beatles. Aaanyhoo, it should be available on all the major podcasting providers (Apple Music / iTunes, Google Podcasts, Stitcher, etc.) right now. Web site for show notes and other stuff (very work in progress!) is tunex.fab4it.com. We appreciate feedback and suggestions!

Check out my podcasts: Tune X Podcast (tunex.fab4it.com) and Autobiography of a Schnook (SchnookPodcast.com); there are worse things you can do!
37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2021, 11:50:39 AM »

As they gather their thoughts on the new Feel Flows box set, Sean and Lisa present you with episode 1: how it all started for them as Beach Boys fans. Be prepared for a lot of technological nostalgia!

https://banana-and-louie.org/2021/09/01/episode-1-it-starts-with-just-a-little-glance-now/

Check out my podcasts: Tune X Podcast (tunex.fab4it.com) and Autobiography of a Schnook (SchnookPodcast.com); there are worse things you can do!
37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2021, 05:38:13 PM »

Episode 2: White puff glistening shadowy WOW!

Having had a chance to let the new Feel Flows: The Sunflower & Surf’s Up Sessions 1969-1971 package settle into their ears and minds, Lisa and Sean share their thoughts not only on this shiny new archival release but also the past quarter century in Beach Boys archival releases, all the while waxing philosophical on Sunflower, Surf’s Up, and this summer’s incarnation of the Sirius XM Beach Boys Channel.

https://banana-and-louie.org/2021/09/16/episode-2-white-puff-glistening-shadowy-wow/

37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2021, 08:29:49 PM »

Episode 3: Tune right in everywhere you go

...everywhere you go because Lisa and Sean have put together a couple of playlists! Specifically, for that person in your life who is curious about The Beach Boys and wants to explore further.

https://banana-and-louie.org/2021/10/31/episode-3-tune-right-in-everywhere-you-go/

37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2021, 01:58:44 PM »

Episode 4: Wow! Great Concert!

Having been longtime fans, Lisa and Sean have attended more than thirty Brian Wilson concerts. In this episode, your hosts talk about their memories and experiences of seeing the famed Beach Boys musical genius perform live over the past 22 years.

https://banana-and-louie.org/2021/12/09/episode-4-wow-great-concert/

astroray
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2022, 11:45:12 AM »

I have so many Beach Boy going off the track things, but it is because I love em so! Good show boys and girls!

Cook pork throughly
37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2022, 10:52:15 AM »

What better way to start your week than with episode 6 of Tune X Podcast! To celebrate the 18th anniversary of the long-awaited debut of Smile in London, listen in on Lisa and Sean’s conversation about their memories and insights of the Brian Wilson masterpiece.

https://banana-and-louie.org/2022/02/20/episode-6-its-just-enough-to-believe/

37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2022, 05:16:11 AM »

Episode 7: The music hall...

Radio City Music Hall, that is! It was 21 years ago that An All-Star Tribute to Brian Wilson was recorded for a July 4, 2001 broadcast on Turner Network Television. Lisa and Sean were there for the festivities. Listen in as they converse about their memories of that night, including some insider views and some discussion of what was left off the broadcast and the DVD.

https://banana-and-louie.org/2022/03/28/episode-7-the-music-hall/

37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2022, 06:58:13 AM »

Episode 8: Well, oh my, oh gosh, oh gee!

Hi-ho, Tune X Podcast here! This episode is released on the day of the 45th anniversary of the release of The Beach Boys Love You, an album that polarizes Beach Boys fans the world over. To mark the occasion, Lisa and Sean discuss the album with a special guest — in a way we promise you you’ve never heard. So, it’s time to play the music, light the lights, put on makeup, dress up right, and get things started!

https://banana-and-louie.org/2022/04/11/episode-8-well-oh-my-oh-gosh-oh-gee/

37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2022, 05:38:43 AM »

It’s May 16 and time for episode 9. Gee, what topic do you THINK this married couple is going to talk about? Well…if you still can’t guess, then…Pet Sounds. Given that an entire encyclopedia could be made about the revolutionary album, Lisa and Sean decided to narrow the scope a bit. They start with a bit of discussion about their experiences with the 1990 CD. Also, they have some experience that not a heck of a lot of people have been through: they actually got to be part of a performance of the album in front of a paying audience, and they talk about their experiences.

A splendid time is guaranteed for all. This is the BEST trip we’ve ever been on.

https://banana-and-louie.org/2022/05/16/episode-9-run-run-wee-ooooooooooo/

37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2022, 08:08:19 PM »

Episode 10: We’re on safari to stay!

We swear, we did not intend to time the release of this episode so that it lands on Brian Wilson’s birthday; we recorded this in late May and just…got hung up in post production. But here we are now, as summer is about to begin, as we discuss not one, not two, but eight records’ worth of music: four classic double-album Beach Boys compilations that arguably may have paved the way for the reissue of Sounds of Summer. Ninety-six songs covering the best of a mere eighteen-year period!

https://banana-and-louie.org/2022/06/21/episode-10-were-on-safari-to-stay/

37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2022, 10:08:52 PM »

Episode 11 is live for all to hear -- that is, if we can tear you away from the Sirius XM Beach Boys channel! Lisa and Sean share their observations of this tragically temporary all-Beach Boys option on satellite radio, and they tune right in everywhere they go.

banana-and-louie.org/2022/07/28/episode-11-i-hit-the-radio-dial-and-turn-it-up-all-the-way/

37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2022, 04:53:43 AM »

In episode 12, Lisa and Sean discuss their adventures in visiting various Beach Boys-related locations, particularly in Southern California.

https://banana-and-louie.org/2022/09/12/episode-12-i-get-around-from-town-to-town/

37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2022, 12:26:14 PM »

Episode 14: Pretty soon I'll be blown away

Hey, friends, we have a new episode out! (Oops, forgot to post about episode 13!) Last time, your hosts talked about the new version of David Leaf's book about The Beach Boys. This time, they talk to the author himself! David, Sean, and Lisa talk Brian, fandom, and…southern California cuisine??

banana-and-louie.org/2022/11/30/episode-14-pretty-soon-ill-be-blown-away/

37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2023, 07:23:59 PM »

Episode 15: The way the kids talk so cool is an out of sight thing!

After a brief winter hiatus, we are back with a deep dive into The Beach Boys’ 1965. And not just 1965, but also earlier events and circumstances that shaped that year that proved to be a turning point in both the lives and the sound of the group.

https://banana-and-louie.org/2023/02/27/episode-15-the-way-the-kids-talk-so-cool-is-an-out-of-sight-thing/

37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2023, 06:14:02 PM »

Episode 16: I'm pickin' up good vibrations.

A little over a year ago, we discussed some of the, well…not great…moves and decisions that The Beach Boys made over the years. This time, however, we're going in the opposite direction. What did they get right? Drop in on our conversation in which we discuss just a handful of the good things that The Beach Boys have done. Some you may disagree with, but we're sure you'll find some common ground!

banana-and-louie.org/2023/04/07/episode-16-im-pickin-up-good-vibrations/

37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2023, 06:18:34 AM »

Episode 17: You invite me to pick up my award.

In this long-overdue episode, Lisa and Sean discuss the recent GRAMMY Salute to The Beach Boys aired this spring in celebration of the band's 60th anniversary, and the baffling ignorance shown by the Recording Academy's shortsightedness in recognizing The Beach Boys and other bands over the years. And while we're at it, we take a look at 25 Years Together: A Celebration in Waikiki.

https://banana-and-louie.org/2023/08/02/episode-17-you-invite-me-to-pick-up-my-award/

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx