gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680599 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 02:35:16 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Live show coming?  (Read 2316 times)
thetojo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: August 09, 2021, 02:21:05 PM »

I just started wondering about the fact that Al had talked about a live show being included in the Feel Flows box set, and although there are many live tracks, you couldn't say a live show is included. Am I right to be thinking we have a live show (at least one) coming our way by December?
TonyW
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2021, 03:07:30 PM »

Fingers crossed that we do. They have the track record for a physical release followed by a digital release (1967 Sunshine sets). If I recall correctly when the You Tube teaser was released many (many many) months ago there was a sample from the Big Sur 1970 show so maybe that will finally see the light of day.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2021, 10:13:52 AM »

Yeah, Al mentioned something like that. But maybe at that point the concept behind "Feel Flows" wasn't finished and including a live show was just part of a first draft? Personally I wouldn't be against an "In Concert" boxset in 2024  Cool

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
as1972
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2021, 12:36:10 PM »

IIRC in a much more recent interview Al expressed a similar sentiment, but specified that it was about the 1993 Box Set tour (the show that Take A Load Off Your Feet and Add Some Music are from on Discs 1 and 2).

Trying to figure out which of my organs I could sell for outtakes and live.
TonyW
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2021, 03:25:33 PM »

Next year they will have to release the Carneigie Hall show from 1972 - its already out there in bootleg form and they won't want copyright lapse and on the grey market. They have the full set in the vaults. Releasing that show would be a good teaser for a major In Concert release in 2023.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2021, 03:27:23 PM by TonyW » Logged
terrei
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2021, 03:09:12 AM »

I vaguely recall Mark Linett posting some months back that there's more to come later in the year.
TonyW
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2021, 02:15:58 PM »

From the September edition of Record Collector (jump to the last sentence):

"Alan Boyd: We’re hoping to do another box set next year which focuses on the Carl And The Passions and Holland era. There are some fascinating unreleased songs that aren’t really finished. There are some really interesting early versions — all the layers of the music within the fairytale [Holland bonus EP Mount Vernon And Fairway] is really interesting to dive into. I can’t wait to hear The Trader with just the track and the backing vocals. And we’d also like to include one of the complete Carnegie Hall shows that they did in late 1972."
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2021, 01:21:00 AM »

"Alan Boyd: We’re hoping to do another box set next year which focuses on the Carl And The Passions and Holland era. There are some fascinating unreleased songs that aren’t really finished. There are some really interesting early versions — all the layers of the music within the fairytale [Holland bonus EP Mount Vernon And Fairway] is really interesting to dive into. I can’t wait to hear The Trader with just the track and the backing vocals. And we’d also like to include one of the complete Carnegie Hall shows that they did in late 1972."

Thank you!
Wow, that would be great.

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
MyDrKnowsItKeepsMeCalm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2021, 07:19:32 AM »

Thank you!
Wow, that would be great.

It really would!
TonyW
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2021, 04:47:49 PM »

Personally I wouldn't be against an "In Concert" boxset in 2024  Cool

Concerts recorded '72 & '73 - released 19 November 1973. To fit copyright extension an In Concert box would happen in 2023.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx