gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 01:08:31 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Steve Kalinich/Adam Marsland - The Void (The Meaning Part 2)  (Read 559 times)
adamghost
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: July 13, 2021, 11:09:22 PM »

Hi everyone. I'm pleased to announce that the video for "The Void," Part 2 of the long-form musical poem THE MEANING by myself and Steve Kalinich ("Little Bird"/"Rainbows"/"A Friend Like You" and many others), is now up on youTube ready to check out. The entire project will be available for download on Bandcamp on July 15.

The video was made on two continents and includes much beautiful imagery from the south Pacific, specifically Bali, Indonesia.

THE MEANING was begun in 2016 and finished in 2020 during COVID-19 lockdown. It's not just random noodling behind a poetry reading, but a carefully scored experience to create a vivid backdrop for Stevie's words. Besides being a significant and meaningful work of prose from Stevie, it's some of my best-ever work as a musician. As I said, it will be fully available to stream and for download purchase on Bandcamp shortly.

Fans of the Beach Boys' more adventurous SMiLE/FRIENDS "pictorial music" period should find much to enjoy, but the music goes into other areas as well.

I encourage everyone to check it out and if you enjoy it, to spread the word.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZHZ1EMkxtU
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx