gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 08:36:55 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New single on Spotify- Agent Cooper  (Read 4659 times)
barto
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: July 01, 2021, 04:57:02 AM »

Hi all, my new song Agent Cooper was just approved for release on Spotify. Here is a link:

https://open.spotify.com/track/6XaHQRgYs21DDwCaWAs9eF?si=vDe92hlRTZyM9MQN9jbJ4A&dl_branch=1

Here is a link to my other music, some of which I have posted here before:

https://darnomite.bandcamp.com/

Just wanted to share with this community since my music is very beach boys inspired Smiley
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2021, 05:26:15 AM »

AWESOME!

The production is fantastic - love the bass lines and how they punch in the mix and your vocals fit this style perfectly. It's like MGMT meets the Doors or something.

And now I'm listening to your other stuff - 'Glass' is jaw-dropping - like seriously one of the best new songs I've heard in a while. Is that a cover or did you write that?

Everyone here should check this out: https://darnomite.bandcamp.com/track/glass

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
barto
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2021, 05:28:59 AM »

AWESOME!

The production is fantastic - love the bass lines and how they punch in the mix and your vocals fit this style perfectly. It's like MGMT meets the Doors or something.

And now I'm listening to your other stuff - 'Glass' is jaw-dropping - like seriously one of the best new songs I've heard in a while. Is that a cover or did you write that?

Everyone here should check this out: https://darnomite.bandcamp.com/track/glass

Thank you so much for the kind words.

All of my songs are originals. Glass is perhaps the most meaningful to me, one day I would love to rerecord it with better vocals and production. I am really glad to hear you liked it Smiley
« Last Edit: July 01, 2021, 05:29:58 AM by barto » Logged
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2021, 05:42:27 AM »

That's beyond impressive - the lyrics are just perfect and the production fits them flawlessly. I can slightly see why you'd want to rerecord it, but if you do don't change much at all - it has a great character already. Glad to see you're on Apple Music!

What is your recording setup? Do you do all the instrumentals? Logic, Pro Tools?

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
barto
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2021, 05:58:50 AM »

That's beyond impressive - the lyrics are just perfect and the production fits them flawlessly. I can slightly see why you'd want to rerecord it, but if you do don't change much at all - it has a great character already. Glad to see you're on Apple Music!

What is your recording setup? Do you do all the instrumentals? Logic, Pro Tools?

Logic x, midi keyboard, Scarlett audio interface. Yep I make the instrumentals using logic instruments. Don’t use any samples. It’s a simple setup but I like it.
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2021, 06:30:44 AM »

That's really cool - very impressed with the production. I use Logic X as well, Midi keyboard. What microphone setup do you use? The bass in Agent Cooper was a MIDI instrument? It sounds so real (to my ears anyways)!

Sorry for pestering with questions! I used to write and record a lot of solo music, but now mostly make music as part of my job for promotional videos and such - so when I hear good production like this I like to see how people do it.

barto
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2021, 07:18:47 AM »

Thanks man. I like the logic presets...I think I used ‘Liverpool bass’ on that one. Exs24 has some nice basses, I usually prefer mono. Sometimes use retro synth too.
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2021, 08:42:59 AM »

I've used the Liverpool bass but I don't think I've made anything that sounded that good with it.

The Alchemy synth is a phenomenal tool as well - there are like billions (probably trillions or more) of variations you can make to those synths.

Anyways, thanks for your replies, can't wait to see what you make next!

And to anyone lurking here, seriously check out 'Glass' as well (linked above) - it has a really nice Beach Boys vibe in there.

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx