gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 09:54:03 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian and GOK on the Professor of Rock!  (Read 1099 times)
Robbie Mac
Smiley Smile Associate

Carl Wilson is not amused.

View Profile
« on: June 24, 2021, 10:09:50 AM »

https://youtu.be/gV62RewgCWM

The world could come together as one
If everybody under the sun
Adds some 🎼 to your day
terrei
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2021, 11:10:35 AM »

Originally filmed/uploaded in 2018
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2021, 09:13:42 AM »

That is a really cool video! I like the Professor Of Rock's episodes and interviews a lot, he approaches the interviews as a fan who is passionate about the music and the songs, and is very open in expressing that both to his audience and to the musicians he interviews. When he told Brian how much Pet Sounds meant to him and how it got him through both happy and sad times, you could almost hear how he got choked up, and the reply from Brian and his expression was as genuine and as heartfelt as you'll see. It does mean a lot to Brian to hear what his music means to the fans, and as told in that segment, Brian I think wants to make people happy with the music he makes and wants to share it, and when it connects it really does mean a lot.

I sat there listening to the commentary and agreeing with most if not all of what the commentator was saying. If some of it is called hyperbole, then call me hyperbolic! That's how I feel about Pet Sounds, and Smile, and it's good to see someone like the Professor Of Rock similarly wearing it on his sleeve when discussing this music.

We need more of that. I think the cold detachment of a lot of music commentary and discussion these days, or the cynicism that creeps in when there are suggestions made that some artists and albums are "discussed too much" is getting old and people are looking for the kind of feelings the commentator expressed in this video when they truly connect with music.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2021, 09:14:41 AM by guitarfool2002 » Logged

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx