gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680751 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 11:28:49 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Does Mike still love Brian?  (Read 1213 times)
rickymyfataar
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: June 14, 2021, 09:27:22 PM »

I recall an interview with Mike and Bruce, in which the reporter asked Mike whether he still loved his cousin. And as God Only Knows played in the background, Mike answered, "I never stopped loving him." (or something along those lines). I can't seem to find this interview, can someone help share a link? The segment also had interviews with Al and Brian.
NateRuvin
Smiley Smile Associate

"I had to prove that I could make it alone"...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2021, 08:26:58 AM »

I too have been searching for this!! It was one of the best interviews in years. It was an Australian program I think.
Join The Human Race
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2021, 06:09:19 PM »

I believe Mike does love Brian. It's just Mike's love for Brian is different. One, there is the familial love that pre-exists fame. The way Mike discussed it in his autobiography, he and Brian were best friends in high school. I think Mike is stick in the past, waiting for the Brian he knew really well, to re-emerge one day. Brian and Mike haven't been close in a long time. I personally don't think Mike ever got over Brian leaving the touring band and working with outside lyricists; that must have made Mike feel really rejected. Seeing the life Brian has gone through since their co-writing heyday, it's easy for Mike to blame it all on Murry, drugs, Landy, Melinda, etc. Mike has had a fixation of just being with Brian at a piano like it's 1965, when they were recording the Party album on the heels of California Girls. Mike's love for Brian is cemented in the past.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2021, 06:10:11 PM by Join The Human Race » Logged
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx