gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680750 Posts in 27614 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 05:08:45 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Leaving and rejoining the band. Who did, and when?  (Read 996 times)
thr33
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: June 14, 2021, 02:42:27 PM »

Which instances would you count in this? Al going to dental school probably counts, as does Bruce leaving in 72 and coming back to produce LA. Beyond that it gets a little trickier.

Does Carl embarking on his solo tour count as leaving the band and rejoining? Or just taking a break from the touring band? Likewise, Brian's time off from touring while he stayed home to write/arrange/produce probably don't count. But what about periods when he was neither touring nor recording music for the band for at least a few months or more? Mike probably never left, though I guess it depends on if you count his hiatuses in 68 and 77 for (I believe) TM. Dennis at the end wasn't touring with the band, but they weren't really recording much either, so it's not like he missed out on all that much.
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2021, 03:31:36 AM »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Beach_Boys#Members

Here's a helpful little chart from Wikipedia. Doesn't answer all of your questions but it gives a broad overview of the information at least.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx