gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680742 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 18, 2024, 05:41:15 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: BB members' views on new music formats over time  (Read 644 times)
Occasional grilled cheese
Smiley Smile Associate

Quickly Duncan, the strengths!

View Profile WWW
« on: June 04, 2021, 02:57:43 PM »

The current discussions about tracklist and contents differences between the CD and vinyl configurations of the Feel Flows box got me thinking about how The Beach Boys themselves felt about the new music formats that appeared throughout their days. Sure there were all kinds of formats that came and went without people besides Techmoan noticing, but I'll narrow this down to the big ones that either succeeded or at least received retail releases of Beach Boys music (compact cassette, eight track, CD, digital).

Has anyone seen or heard and comments from the band members on what they saw in the new technologies or how it would impact them? All I (think I) know is:

-Dennis lived long enough to be around for the first CD releases but passed away before The Beach Boys appeared on any.

- Mike expressed indifference toward (or rather a lack of familiarity with) the first twofer campaign in a roughly contemporary interview.

-Carl expressed amazement with the then-new recording technology during the Problem Child interview, which I guess could be extrapolated to his view of listening technology at the time.

Any quotes, opinions, or corrections are welcome here. I'm also interested in hearing about record buying experiences of any fans here who experienced the dominant format changes in real time. Was anyone's first purchase on a new format by The Beach Boys?

Try Q-Z-2-U-H
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx