gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680751 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 11:59:57 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New indie tribute album of Brian Wilson/BBs songs...  (Read 718 times)
MyDrKnowsItKeepsMeCalm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: June 02, 2021, 04:09:56 PM »

Looks interesting!

https://www.njarts.net/pop-rock/jem-records-will-release-multi-artist-tribute-to-brian-wilson-july-16/?fbclid=IwAR2oZHKIP88jjly4OROSmw4fO46u6Na1qtnmStXpFmjYIfMESHuxD_B7_BI

Following the release, last year, of a multi-artist album paying tribute to John Lennon, the Jersey-based JEM Records label will do the same for Brian Wilson, featuring covers of songs from both his albums with The Beach Boys and his work as a solo artist. The Weeklings, Richard Barone, The Grip Weeds, Johnathan Pushkar and The Anderson Council are among the artists contributing tracks.

Ben Greenman, co-author of “I Am Brian Wilson: A Memoir,” writes in the liner notes that Wilson’s “finest songs are immortal, but they got a little more life this past year, when the very things that afflicted him — anxiety around others, a dependence on and despair regarding his solitude, the realization that people need a mess of help to stand alone — took hold of the world once again during the COVID-19 pandemic. This year, ‘In My Room’ was not just a portrait of a solitary genius, but an international reality. This record, and the artists who contributed to it, reflect back Brian’s brilliance, his pathos, his ability to transform isolation and loneliness into direct emotional and spiritual communication, and in doing so they move the music and its magic forward in time.”

Here is the track listing:

“The Warmth of the Sun,” The Weeklings
“Help Me, Rhonda,” The Weeklings
“You’re So Good to Me,” The Grip Weeds
“Hang On to Your Ego,” Nick Piunti
“Love & Mercy,” The Gold Needles”
“Girl Don’t Tell Me,” The Anderson Council
“Dance, Dance, Dance,” Johnathan Pushkar
“Don’t Worry Baby,” Lisa Mychols & Super 8
“Heroes and Villains/Roll Plymouth Rock,” The Grip Weeds
“In My Room,” Richard Barone
“Do It Again,” The Midnight Callers
“I Get Around,” Richard Barone and Johnathan Pushkar
“I’d Love Just to See You,” The Anderson Council
“Please Let Me Wonder,” Johnathan Pushkar
“Pet Sounds (Story),” Lisa Mychols & Super 8

For more, visit jemrecordings.com.

« Last Edit: June 02, 2021, 04:15:38 PM by MyDrKnowsItKeepsMeCalm » Logged
BananaLouie
Smiley Smile Associate

Columnated ruins domino

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2021, 09:01:51 AM »

This does look pretty awesome, love the artwork, too.

"I'm not a genius. I'm just a hard working guy." - Brian Wilson
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx