gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680815 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 25, 2024, 08:01:50 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: PET SQUARES #3A The Beach Boys Outside 1962-63  (Read 1107 times)
adamghost
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: May 25, 2021, 09:38:26 PM »

Hi all...I just did a pretty cool bonus episode of PET SQUARES (a Geek's Guide to the Beach Boys) for patrons of the KarmaFrog1 youTube channel, an hour covering the Beach Boys' outside work in 1962-63: Kenny and the Cadets, Bob & Sheri, Rachel & The Revolvers, Gary Usher, Jan & Dean and The Honeys.

I had such a blast doing this (and of course, always hoping to expand patronage for the channel) that I put up the first part on youTube for regular consumption. If you're interested in seeing the whole thing, just follow the links in the first comment on the video to become a patron at any level. But it's a fun 20+ minutes regardless....a bit looser than your average episode.

https://youtu.be/V0GPV1VLyrY
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2021, 02:13:00 AM »

Thanks for the heads-up! I will watch it later.
Coincidentally I had the "Pet Projects" CD in my player only recently. There is indeed some really good stuff to be found. Plus I always had a soft spot for "What is a young Girl made of" by Kenny & The Cadets.

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
adamghost
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2021, 07:27:30 AM »

As you'll see in the video excerpt, I enjoyed the Bob & Sheri single way more than I probably should have.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2021, 09:52:29 AM »

As you'll see in the video excerpt, I enjoyed the Bob & Sheri single way more than I probably should have.

I had to laugh when I saw your reaction to "Humpty dumpty" (a song which I don't think I ever listened to)  Cheesy

BTW, maybe this is of interest.

http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,25975.0.html

Through that thread I became aware of Brian's involvement in the music to this movie:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muscle_Beach_Party

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Dove Nested Towers
Smiley Smile Associate

Goodnight, Mrs. Calabash, wherever you are!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2021, 04:10:04 PM »

Thanks for the heads-up! I will watch it later.
Coincidentally I had the "Pet Projects" CD in my player only recently. There is indeed some really good stuff to be found. Plus I always had a soft spot for "What is a young Girl made of" by Kenny & The Cadets.

What's not to love?

"The police aren't there to create disorder,
they're there to preserve disorder!" -Mayor
Daly, Chicago 1968
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx