gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680599 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 11:32:02 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Alan Boyd Thread  (Read 245504 times)
PongHit
Smiley Smile Associate

AVOID MISSING BALL FOR HIGH SCORE • JeffWinner.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #525 on: March 29, 2012, 06:44:43 AM »

OK Alan,  on the heels of your visit with MR. Pong HIt and questions about what we would like released, one thing you gave him to hear piqued my interest.  Please release the backing vocals for the S&S sessions.

Two other tracks of S&S BGVs on the playlist Alan made for me, besides "Caroline, No," was WOTS parts 1 & 2. There may have been more, but I forget.

''Only more damage can arise from this temporary, fleeting image of success known as The Beach Boys.''
—MURRY WILSON

''People are thinking Mike Love is crazy.''
—MIKE LOVE

''Mike Love? He's Crazy.''
—BRIAN WILSON
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #526 on: March 29, 2012, 12:39:34 PM »

OK Alan,  on the heels of your visit with MR. Pong HIt and questions about what we would like released, one thing you gave him to hear piqued my interest.  Please release the backing vocals for the S&S sessions.  Your use of the boys' backing vocals from DWB to open the Nashville Sounds DVD was great.  Lets have more of them on a box set.  Thanks.
Having read Pong Hit's notes from his visit, looks like a lot of great stuff is still out there and in terms of "scrapping the barrel," I'd never call it that...I don't mean to sound greedy but I want it ALL! I'm sure there's a couple of other fans out there that'd back me on that one....I really hope you read this board more often than we think.

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #527 on: February 11, 2013, 05:34:46 PM »

I was out on iTunes today and noticed a 2012 copyright on Surfin' Safari, Wild Honey, Friends, 20/20 and Holland. Is there a story behind this? Have these albums been remastered? If so, why are they only available as downloads, and lossy downloads, at that?

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
buddhahat
Smiley Smile Associate

Hi, my name's Doug. Would you like to dance?

View Profile
« Reply #528 on: September 10, 2013, 05:25:18 AM »

Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes ......
Zander
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #529 on: September 11, 2013, 04:06:08 AM »

Hi Alan,

Couple of things I found on what I believe to be a press release for this Endless Harmony doc -

It states:

TOURING: The Beach Boys have toured consistently for over 30 years. Endless Harmony contains excerpts of some of their best live performances and the last concert with Carl Wilson.

A SPECIAL TRIBUTE: to Carl Wilson who was extremely popular with other artists such as Elton John for whom he sang on Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me and Yellow Brick Road. Jackson Browne and Tom Petty talk about their relationship with Carl.

MARILYN: Brian's ex wife talks about Brian and life with him during his good times and bad....comments about his family.

What happened to these bits?! This would've made the documentary even cooler. How come you decided not to include them?

They say I got brains but they ain't doing me no good, I wish they could...
PetSmile
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #530 on: June 24, 2016, 06:15:27 AM »

I'd like to ask about the chance of a stereo reissue of Smile Sessions Disk 1 for the 50th Anniversary of 'SMiLE' being released.
Thanks.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 02:12:40 PM by PetSmile » Logged

"Join the young and often spring you gave" - Surf's Up (BW/VDP)
branaa09
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #531 on: June 24, 2016, 02:53:01 PM »

Well it's a little more complicated than that. Some Session Tapes are actually missing such as the Lead Vocal Overdubs for Wonderful, the 8-Track Master for the Good Vibrations Vocals is missing still, although we do have a 4-Track Master with some of the vocals, which is still missing some double tracking and sections of vocals, Barnyard can't be in Stereo no Vocals except for the Background Vocals, the backing track was recorded straight to Mono like Wonderful. Do You Like Worms Bicycle Rider section for parts of the song don't seem to exist in Stereo only in Mono. Heroes and Villains is missing the Tracking Session for the Verses. Yes we have the Rerecord from a later date but the one used in the final only exists in Mono for now. Child Is the Father of Man Vocals Master is missing. As you can see the Mono disc 1 of the Smile Sessions uses vocal Sections taken from Acetates which are Mono only. If you want Stereo Smile here are your options: Vegetables, Cabinessence, Surf's Up, Heroes and Villains, Our Prayer Wind Chimes and any Stereo Backing Track mix without vocals. Yes we have tons of fan mixes with isolated stereo mixes using Stereo Extraction, but I don't Alan and Mark want to go that route just yet.
PetSmile
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #532 on: June 24, 2016, 03:19:40 PM »

« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 02:10:02 PM by PetSmile » Logged

sockittome
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #533 on: June 26, 2016, 09:21:29 AM »

« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 11:09:51 AM by sockittome » Logged
PetSmile
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #534 on: June 28, 2016, 03:55:21 PM »

« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 02:46:48 PM by PetSmile » Logged

thr33
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #535 on: January 18, 2021, 06:14:01 PM »

Hey Alan, just wondering something:

(1) How many American Spring demos did Brian record other than 'Awake'?
(2) How much of the American Spring material is fair game for future CE releases?

Thanks for all the hard work you've done on the archives.
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx