gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 10:18:37 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 ... 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Alan Boyd Thread  (Read 245434 times)
Matt Howlett
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #300 on: July 03, 2006, 10:53:25 AM »

A short clip can also be seen on the Endless Harmony special. I believe they were singing "Surfin'".  I remember watching Endless Harmony and thinking that the quality of that segment seemed of poorer quality than other footage from that era. Perhaps the tape was taken from a personal collection???

BTW, as far as anything new being released. I am always up for concerts. The recent Hallmark cd was a great add to my collection, and I would love to see more "complete" concerts and videos from any year, whether it be the 60's or 90's. Footage from Beachago would be nice, even though as I understand some of it was lost.
Old Rake
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #301 on: July 04, 2006, 08:16:59 AM »

Any word on a launch date?

I've got some money burning a hole in me pocket!
Ken.W
Honored Guest

View Profile WWW
« Reply #302 on: July 04, 2006, 10:16:35 AM »

.. seconded!

I think today ( .. the 4th's) been bandied about .. is it too much to hope for that it might be today?

"You're entitled to protect your copyright. You're not entitled to control the Internet," - Federal Court Justice Murray Wilcox
Ethan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #303 on: July 04, 2006, 12:56:59 PM »

No news as yet... let's give the guys time to get it done and done good........... as we know they will, but... urry up!!
Dutchie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #304 on: July 04, 2006, 02:18:24 PM »

well knowing the bb it will take a few years  Grin
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #305 on: July 04, 2006, 02:29:21 PM »

well knowing the bb it will take a few years  Grin
Alan Boyd Presents Beach Boys Central, coming in 2043 to select cities

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
theCOD
« Reply #306 on: July 06, 2006, 08:55:58 AM »

Well, if I'm not mistaken, isn't the site supposed to have song downloads anyway? Why make it you have to pay for one of them?

We're dealing with THE BEACH BOYS. If it isn't painfully obvious to you now, it never will be.

Those crazy Beach Boys... always wanting to get paid for their work.  Roll Eyes
SG7
« Reply #307 on: July 06, 2006, 01:50:43 PM »

Let's wait for 37 years  Evil
Wilsonista
« Reply #308 on: July 11, 2006, 01:22:16 PM »

Hey Alan,

I was wondering if you could settle something for us at the Other Board.

Who does the lead vocal on Can't Wait Too Long?

Hope all is well with you! Smiley
Alan Boyd
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #309 on: July 11, 2006, 02:03:30 PM »

That's Brian.
Wilsonista
« Reply #310 on: July 11, 2006, 02:07:51 PM »

Thanks, Alan!
Jardine Power!
Smiley Smile Associate

Keep it clean with Al Jardine.

View Profile
« Reply #311 on: July 15, 2006, 06:06:14 PM »

Any word on a launch date?

I've got some money burning a hole in me pocket!

What he said...
SMiLEY
Smiley Smile Associate

Columnated Ruins Domino

View Profile
« Reply #312 on: July 24, 2006, 12:50:38 PM »

Alan--

We've been talking on another thread about the status of Durrie Park's acetates. Have you any info on them, or of plans to transfer them?

Also, on a related note -- has there been any progress on the finding the Oppenheimer reels?

Thanks -- can't wait for the website to go up!

Look! Listen! Vibrate! SMiLE!
Dutchie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #313 on: July 25, 2006, 12:29:04 PM »

That's Brian.

Hi Alan good to see you again, hope all is well. I was only kidding about when the website will appear in function as well as the others  Bow

Any info you wanna share with us about upcoming BB projects  Thumbs Up
Dan Lega
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #314 on: July 26, 2006, 07:00:15 AM »

In regards to the "Good Vibrations" firehouse video that will be on the upcoming "Pet Sounds" CD/DVD release, I have a question about what seemed to be another "Good Vibrations" video.  I seem to remember on the "Endless Harmony" documentary a shot of a woman cheerleader in a star spangled costume flouncing about while "Good Vibrations" was playing.  I remember thinking this must be a totally different "Good Vibrations" video, but it was only a snippet.  Can you shed any light on this other video for me, Alan?  Thanks.

Love and merci,   Dan Lega
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #315 on: July 31, 2006, 01:57:26 PM »

i was thinkin that was on the A&E bio...i think i remember it...Al is by a merry go round and a girl falls into his arms

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #316 on: July 31, 2006, 05:42:54 PM »

I can't remember the specifics, but that alternate "Good Vibrations" video is from either 1968 or 1969, so it's not contemporary to the single release.
doc smiley
Smiley Smile Associate

Timeless pounds the livin' daylights outta trendy

View Profile
« Reply #317 on: August 01, 2006, 03:03:02 PM »

Hey Al
Beach Boy Central...are we close to a opening?   After July 4th came and went I was real hopeful for Aug 1st...

Could you narrow it down any? ( the opening of the site  that is...).. I, for one, check every day....

Doc Smiley   LOL

"A voice or a song can be so comforting to someone who really needs it."
..................................Brian Wilson, 1990
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #318 on: August 01, 2006, 03:07:40 PM »

I hope it is soon also.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
MBE
« Reply #319 on: August 01, 2006, 08:18:04 PM »

The Good Vibrations video is from a 1970 New Orleans TV show that the color Cottonfields clip also dates from.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2006, 03:13:58 AM by MBE » Logged
Dan Lega
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #320 on: August 02, 2006, 06:49:58 AM »

The Good Vibrations video is from a 1970 New Orleans TV show that the color Cottonfields clip also dates from.

Thanks for this info.  Do you know more about it?  Such as... was it produced and shown only in New Orleans?  Was it a show only about the Beach Boys or did it have videos and music from other bands?  Where can we view the color Cottonfields clip?  (Because for some reason I'm not remembering that at all.)  Thanks.

Alan Boyd
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #321 on: August 02, 2006, 01:37:50 PM »

Those clips came from a 1970 TV show called "Something Else," hosted by John Byner.  We used a segment from "Cotton Fields" in the Endless Harmony film.

We're working hard on the website but I can't say for sure when it will be online.  We've still got many hurdles to jump over in order to have all of the features and product and goodies that we're envisioning....

Alan
MBE
« Reply #322 on: August 02, 2006, 03:39:24 PM »

Thanks for this info.  Do you know more about it?  Such as... was it produced and shown only in New Orleans?  Was it a show only about the Beach Boys or did it have videos and music from other bands?  Where can we view the color Cottonfields clip?  (Because for some reason I'm not remembering that at all.)  Thanks.

Thanks for filling in the blanks Alan. Anyhow glad I could help Dan
petsite
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #323 on: August 09, 2006, 03:27:29 PM »

Hey Alan, I was just looking over an old issue of ICE Magazine which ran a front page story on the upcoming "Endless Harmony" soundtrack release. Having not looked at it for 8 freakin' years, I totally forgot that a live version of I Can Hear Music was slated as a track (following the Breakaway demo). What happened to that track?

Also, since it says that the track was recorded in Cleveland in 1982, was it from the same 6/11/82 concert that Runaway was recorded at?

Thanks,
Bob Flory
Alan Boyd
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #324 on: August 09, 2006, 05:46:31 PM »

Same show indeed.

The mix was rejected by the group.... it was kind of blah, and there wasn't time for a remix, unfortunately.
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 ... 22 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx