gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 11:14:06 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Beach Boys dates listed as Mike Love dates on offficial site  (Read 1270 times)
NateRuvin
Smiley Smile Associate

"I had to prove that I could make it alone"...

View Profile
« on: March 18, 2021, 09:42:11 AM »

Amongst all the new updates to the official site, I noticed Mike & Bruce's licensed band's dates are now listed as Mike Love dates on the official website.

This is pretty surprising. Mike has been using the BBs name for over 20 years now.

Do you think this is to prevent confusion with the eventual reunited band?

https://www.thebeachboys.com/events
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2021, 10:30:04 AM »

It may be an Iconic Artists decision. Anyway, I think it's a good idea to let ticket buyers know.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2021, 10:30:41 AM by Emdeeh » Logged
juggler
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2021, 12:10:42 PM »

With Iconic now having a controlling interesting in BRI, the terms of the Love license may have changed (e.g., Mike can still tour as "The Beach Boys" but with the disclaimer that it's just him).  

IIRC, way back in the immediate period following Carl's death, there was a period in which they were working under the premise that the other BRI members (Al and Brian) could also tour under name "The Beach Boys" under analogous licenses.    I believe that idea proved unworkable due to conflicts/confusion between Al's touring operation and Mike's, and thus the decision was made to make Mike's license exclusive.    That status quo may have been (or be in the process of being) overturned by the Iconic deal.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2021, 12:11:33 PM by juggler » Logged
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2021, 12:14:52 PM »

With Iconic now having a controlling interesting in BRI, the terms of the Love license may have changed (e.g., Mike can still tour as "The Beach Boys" but with the disclaimer that it's just him).  

That's what I think. And since it is the official BBs site, I also guess that other tour dates by other members will also be listed and this is the way to let the people know which Beach Boy will be at the specific shows(s). As of yet, I don't believe that the license will be taken away from Mike nor that he will give it up.

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Rob Dean
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2021, 01:27:54 PM »

Amongst all the new updates to the official site, I noticed Mike & Bruce's licensed band's dates are now listed as Mike Love dates on the official website.

This is pretty surprising. Mike has been using the BBs name for over 20 years now.

Do you think this is to prevent confusion with the eventual reunited band?

https://www.thebeachboys.com/events

I believe that we are jumping to assumptions here, click on any of the dates listed for tickets and its The Beach Boys
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx