gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 11:42:46 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mike is 80 ~ Say Happy Birthday  (Read 3179 times)
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« on: March 15, 2021, 12:06:19 AM »

Happy Birthday Mike 🎂

Thanks for all the wonderful music, moments and great live shows

Thanks so much

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
juggler
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2021, 12:30:06 AM »

We thus enter the era of the octogenarian Beach Boys.
Credit where credit is due.  Making it to the big Eight-O is an accomplishment for anyone, and a perhaps double accomplishment for any successful performer in the field of popular music.   I'm sure i'm not alone in disagreeing with and/or disapproving of some of the things that the man has done in his life, but I still salute the guy for his longevity, talent, healthy choices and incredible work ethic.  So happy birthday to ML!
« Last Edit: March 15, 2021, 12:32:00 AM by juggler » Logged
phirnis
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2021, 01:41:15 AM »

Happy 80th birthday to Mike Love - I love his contributions to the Beach Boys in terms of lyrics, lead vocals, and yes, stage performances.
RiC
Smiley Smile Associate

One and Only

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2021, 02:11:17 AM »

Happy birthday Mike  Cool Guy
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2021, 06:50:30 AM »

80 years is a wonderful milestone for a Rock star imo. Happy birthday!

The german newspaper F. A. Z. is running a story about this:

Bei den Beach Boys war Mike Love der Widerpart seines genialen Cousins Brian Wilson. Heute wird er 80 Jahre alt.

https://www.faz.net/aktuell/feuilleton/pop/beach-boys-saenger-mike-love-wird-80-17244561.html

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Greg Parry
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2021, 07:57:06 AM »

80 years is a wonderful milestone for a Rock star

Which rock star has turned 80?
rickymyfataar
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2021, 09:03:14 AM »

Happy Birthday, Mike!!!  Without you, the Beach Boys would never be the same.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNub2JRQwaQ
Don Malcolm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2021, 09:45:42 AM »

One of the hardest-working guys in show business is probably more than ready to hit the road again, and despite his arguable mishaps in 20/20, we can hope that some additional meditation and a long spate of "home cooking" might make the next several years into a period of redemption. Happy birthday, Mike--the ball's in your court!
  police
Summer_Days
Smiley Smile Associate

...and your dream comes true.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2021, 10:06:39 AM »

Happy birthday Mike. You’re 80 now so it’s time to retire from touring before you break something.

Wouldn't it be nice if we were older, then we wouldn't have to wait so long
And wouldn't it be nice to live together, in the kind of world where we belong?
http://wildsmiley.weebly.com
Rob Dean
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2021, 02:07:52 PM »

Yep, HB (and many more please) To Dr Love
Here's hoping to a little birthday bash with your family (including your Cuz of course)
Think I might spin The Beatles 'Happy Birthday Mike Love'  LOL
juggler
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2021, 07:05:31 PM »

Mr. Wilson has chimed in:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CMc-I4usvLd/
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2021, 07:31:48 PM »

Yeah birthday shurmfday, you clown. Think, where the eff do you think you'd be right now if it wasn't for the guy you've made a career of tearing down? It wouldn't be pretty and you would have never seen the kind of life you lead, the house you live in, your portfolio, the skads of unearned money you've raked in. Hardest working Beach Boy?? I think not because you live, eat and breathe being on the road and on the stage. Without that you're stone cold dead so I don't want to hear that it's some kind of really hard "work"! Your managers do everything for you so all you have to do is walk on stage and be the clown you so rightfully are.  Nope, no birthday greetings for you Mike because you're the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of rock and roll has ever witnessed.

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
Rebel
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2021, 09:10:34 PM »

Imagine being so petty and bitter that you trash talk a guy on a message board who will never see this. Nor care. Like him or not  - he’s part of the reason we’re all here. And he will go down in history longer than any of us.

Happy birthday Mike. I don’t always agree with you, but you’ll never see this so who cares!
Conspiracy Jim
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2021, 12:49:48 AM »

Yeah birthday shurmfday, you clown. Think, where the eff do you think you'd be right now if it wasn't for the guy you've made a career of tearing down? It wouldn't be pretty and you would have never seen the kind of life you lead, the house you live in, your portfolio, the skads of unearned money you've raked in. Hardest working Beach Boy?? I think not because you live, eat and breathe being on the road and on the stage. Without that you're stone cold dead so I don't want to hear that it's some kind of really hard "work"! Your managers do everything for you so all you have to do is walk on stage and be the clown you so rightfully are.  Nope, no birthday greetings for you Mike because you're the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of rock and roll has ever witnessed.

That you’ve posted a comedically deranged screed twice (once here, once at the Steve Hoffman forums, where you’re being laughed at) shows that you are a deeply unpleasant person.

I’ve seen your posts and either you have a massive hard-on for Mike Love that you can’t admit to yourself, or you’re a psychopath that the cops need to keep an eye on.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2021, 05:14:24 AM »

OSD’s opinion was only stated.... Roll Eyes

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2021, 08:49:06 AM »

That you’ve posted a comedically deranged screed twice (once here, once at the Steve Hoffman forums, where you’re being laughed at) shows that you are a deeply unpleasant person.

I’ve seen your posts and either you have a massive hard-on for Mike Love that you can’t admit to yourself, or you’re a psychopath that the cops need to keep an eye on.
No, Conspiracy, no cops needed. I trust they've got better things to do and besides, they know they've got you  police to watch me.  LOL LOL LOL

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2021, 10:36:03 PM »

I think Mike will go on performing until he just can't do it anymore - following in the footsteps of Chuck Berry, Little Richard, Fats Domino, B.B. King.

thetojo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2021, 05:22:49 PM »

I think Mike will go on performing until he just can't do it anymore - following in the footsteps of Chuck Berry, Little Richard, Fats Domino, B.B. King.

Are you using "can't do it anymore" as a euphemism for "dies" - ? That's what it sounds like.

And I agree.

There is, of course, that famous quote from Dennis (or was it Bruce?) about wheelchairs. So Mike wouldn't be the first or only BB to think like this.

Yeah - okay - happy birthday Mike, for a few days ago.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2021, 05:23:32 PM by thetojo » Logged
juggler
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2021, 09:45:15 PM »

There is, of course, that famous quote from Dennis (or was it Bruce?) about wheelchairs. So Mike wouldn't be the first or only BB to think like this.

It was Denny.  The quote floating around is "I can tell you the day The Beach Boys will no longer exist - never. We'll be on stage in wheelchairs."

And Denny's prediction partially came true, as Brian was using a wheelchair at least for a while during his Summer 2019 tour.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx