gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 05:29:50 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Travel VLOG to Brian's Laurel Way house  (Read 1452 times)
juggler
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: March 13, 2021, 10:55:16 PM »

I wasn't previously familiar with this gentleman or his travelogues, but this one came up in my feed...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=683QMg45TLY
CastleDada
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2021, 02:41:51 AM »

I wasn't previously familiar with this gentleman or his travelogues, but this one came up in my feed...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=683QMg45TLY

Thank you for sharing this.  I thoroughly enjoyed it. 
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2021, 02:06:35 PM »

That is a great one, thank you for sharing!

It's funny but just a week or so before you posted this walking tour, I found a whole series of walking tours on YouTube called "Laurel Canyon Rock And Roll Legends Walking Tour", posted by a YouTube host named Hiking4Life. If you follow the link I'll post here, he has a whole series of walking tours around the area, with specific mentions of any homes or areas that were important to the rock scene in the 60's and 70's. REALLY fascinating stuff! While there isn't as much specific to the Beach Boys, these are some of the homes where the band and their associates would be hanging out in the 60's and 70's, with a number of their friends' homes mentioned in these tour videos. So you get to actually see where Brian was hanging with Micky Dolenz and Harry, Mama Cass, etc.

The fun of this is how it makes these places real, and not just mentions or address in a book or on a timeline. Short of actually visiting and walking around these areas in person, you get to see how these homes looked and how the streets were arranged, or how some famous musicians we all love would walk from one place to another on any given day. And it also lets us see just how damn narrow and ridiculously steep some of those streets really are! We can see how Neil Young used to start his funky car by letting it roll down one of those hills before starting it up...little things like that.

Check this guy's channel out and check out his LA tour videos on his channel, great stuff:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGgg0z1fgHU

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx