gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 04:57:38 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian Wilson Barry Gibb Instagram Exchange  (Read 2660 times)
patsy6
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: February 17, 2021, 12:51:48 PM »

Here's a lovely exchange on Instagram today between the official pages for Brian Wilson and Barry Gibb. Carnie Wilson also chimes in. I know that Brian often doesn't write or monitor his own social media, but every once in a while there is a post like this one that makes one tend to believe that Brian wrote it himself. The respect each one has for the other is genuine, and I hope some type of a collaboration comes of it.
Rob Dean
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2021, 01:01:08 PM »

WOW - Really nice and touching
Sound of Free
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2021, 01:54:43 PM »

That's great. I hope Brian did write it.

The recent Bee Gees documentary was very good. I was hoping Brian would be in it. No one in the world could emphasize more with Barry, singing amazing harmony with your brothers and having them predecease you even though you're the oldest.
SMiLE-addict
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2021, 04:16:39 PM »

Really nice!!
Aum Bop Diddit
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2021, 06:20:53 PM »

Oh man....  Nice to see something good can come from Twitter!

Hey!  Those are *MY* wind chimes!
patsy6
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2021, 07:14:20 PM »

Oh man....  Nice to see something good can come from Twitter!
Instagram, actually, but your point is well taken.
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2021, 08:27:09 PM »

Actually they do have quite a lot in common don’t they? Last brother standing and all.

I wonder how BG would feel about a collaboration on the long awaited (cough) R&R Album?  Roll Eyes

Ninten
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2021, 09:07:38 PM »

I would die for a collab between those two. For the longest time The Beach Boys and The Beatles have been untouchable at the top of my list, but relistening to the Bee Gees material over the past year... they are inching their way up there. Have to hope it'd turn out better than the Brian/McCartney collab though.
KaylaWilliamsMusic
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2021, 08:32:41 AM »

I love both of these men so much, Barry Gibb is such a genuine guy I hope they create something together that would be magic  Cheesy I recently watch the Bee Gees documentary on HBO and it reignited my love for the brothers Gibb. I think there is something so special about the harmonies of voices who are related. The Beach Boys and The Bee Gees were such talented families, what a legacy!
Don Malcolm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2021, 01:59:33 PM »

Many, many wonderful posts to be found on the BW Instagram page...well done by Brian and his helpers...full of what a certain someone called "positivity"...  Cool Guy

Be sure to follow it if you are on IG...
juggler
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2021, 05:12:54 PM »

Many, many wonderful posts to be found on the BW Instagram page...well done by Brian and his helpers...full of what a certain someone called "positivity"...  Cool Guy

Be sure to follow it if you are on IG...

Agreed.  I avoid facebook like the plague, but I like instagram (even though it's the same ownership) and Brian's IG feed is pretty good.  And it's sweet & charming how Carnie chimes in with comments from time to time on her dad's feed.  She's not only a daughter/niece/cousin/friend of the BBs, but she's also a fan which is pretty cool.  And, from her own feed, it's plainly evident that she's a helluva cook too.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx