gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 02:00:48 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: California Music Presents Add Some Music  (Read 555 times)
FreakySmiley
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: February 16, 2021, 07:36:59 PM »

Stumbled upon this today whilst searching for infos on the 70's pseudo-supergroup/musical collective, and the various inter-related recordings. Don't know if I've seen any discussion here or elsewhere, hopefully I am posting this in the right place...

https://www.propermusic.com/ovcd421-california-music-presents-add-some-music.html

I have copied and pasted this text from the description after the link (the original source text ends abruptly in the middle of the word "release"):
"In March 2020, while focusing on the 50th anniversary of The Beach Boys' Sunflower album, I was moved by the poignancy of the message and lyrics of the album's "Add Some Music To Your Day". Inspired by this, I thought that combining members of The Beach Boys with the next generations of voices (the children of The Beach Boys) was the perfect way to bring attention to a charity during these challenging times. As 2020 concluded, I became painfully aware of the number of people struggling to feed their families, so I chose Feeding America as the charity recipient."- David Beard, editor & publisher of Endless Summer Quarterly, The Beach Boys publication of record."Music, when you're alone, is like a companion for your lonely soul".these lyrics are from the 1970 Beach Boys composition "Add Some Music To Your Day" and they are the inspiration for the latest Omnivore Recordings release California Music Presents Add Some Music. Founded by Beach Boys historian and documentarian David Beard, California Music Presents Add Some Music is an uplifting collection of recordings celebrating all that is good about one of California's greatest exports.music! In 2020, David Beard re-recorded the classic 1970 Beach Boys song "Add Some Music To Your Day" (written by Brian Wilson, Mike Love and Joe Knott) with Beach Boys members Mike Love, Al Jardine, Bruce Johnston and David Marks and the children of The Beach Boys including Carnie and Wendy Wilson (Brian Wilson's daughters), Christian, Hayleigh & Ambha Love (Mike Love's children) and Matt Jardine (son of founding Beach Boys member Al Jardine). Their brilliant new rendering of "Add Some Music To Your Day" was arranged and produced by Rob Bonfiglio (member of the Brian Wilson Band and husband to Carnie Wilson). Filling out this ten track collection are recordings by Mike Love, David Marks, longtime Beach Boys associate, Jeffrey Foskett as well as new music from Al Jardine, Bruce Johnston and Rob Bonfiglio. A portion of the proceeds of this relea

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx