gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 04:29:18 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pilot for new Beach Boys youTube show: PET SQUARES  (Read 1518 times)
adamghost
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: February 15, 2021, 04:55:31 PM »

Hi all, it's Adam Marsland. I don't know if the world needs another Beach Boys youTube show/podcast, but I'm trying one out anyway.

The show is called PET SQUARES and I break down the Beach Boys' albums with the help and input of some of the best Beach Boys authorities out there. It's wonky, geeky and a little bit irreverent. The pilot episode covers the Surfin' Safari album:

https://youtu.be/33b9zyOtGPo

This show is one of several things I'm trying out this month to expand the KarmaFrog1 youTube channel, which is home to music videos and my travel show ADAM WALKS AROUND. If you like the show and want to see it continue, comment, like, subscribe, and also check out our Patreon page: www.patreon.com/karmafrog1. If you don't like it, flame away! Ha!
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2021, 02:12:48 PM »

Very cool, thanks for sharing. That was an interesting piece of trivia about the vocals on Summertime Blues.
Don Malcolm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2021, 06:36:01 AM »

Good stuff, Adam--keep it up! We'll all have fun and will learn a number of new things as you move across the BB's discography.

Would suggest, though, that you try to work in some of the parallel solo production work for Brian in tandem with the Beach Boys' LP releases--that will add a little spice and contrast to the story as it evolves up to Pet Sounds. Of course, pick and choose the most significant of these--doesn't have to be exhaustive.

We can never have enough of this kind of material from highly knowledgable folks such as you and Joshilyn--so go for it, please!
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2021, 11:26:03 AM »

Adam, I really enjoyed your insights into how the BB vocal stack works and developed -- looking forward to the next episodes.
adamghost
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2021, 06:09:03 PM »

Thanks guys. I've gotten a few corrections/challenges to my perceptions but it's been done in the nicest possible way LOL. I'm going to try to incorporate it all into the next show but the comments thread is developing into a pretty neat little well of minutia.

The response to the show has been terrific and there will be another one coming in a little while.

I'm just gonna work my way through the albums until I get bored with it, which is kind of an inevitability, so at that point I might just go off into the weeds with some weird topic. I'm also considering doing some offshoot videos for Patreon subscribers. The suggestions are appreciated.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2021, 06:09:43 PM by adamghost » Logged
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2021, 06:28:39 PM »

Fantastic. Can't wait for the next episode

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2021, 09:34:50 AM »

I watched it yesterday and enjoyed it very much!

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx