gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 07:41:28 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Anybody else have a bias on material post-Friends based on Brian's involvement?  (Read 711 times)
thr33
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: February 05, 2021, 09:38:57 AM »

In looking at my album ratings and how often I play albums/songs, I noticed I have a pro-Brian bias.

I don't listen to 20/20, CATP, LA much at all, and subconsciously probably knock Surf's Up, Holland, KTSA and beyond down a peg purely for that reason. And when I do listen to those songs, I'll skip songs without Brian's contributions for the most part. Conversely, I find myself rating albums higher and listening to them more often (15BO and MIU in particular) if Brian plays a bigger part.

What's odd about this all is I'm not a huge fan of Brian's solo material (though I am warming up to it some). I think the other boys are certainly extremely talented and an essential part of the blend, but I definitely listen to their contributions less often and prefer them less.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2021, 09:43:04 AM by thr33 » Logged
Ian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2021, 09:58:21 AM »

Hey-there is no doubt that Brian was THE MAN and nobody else could match him---but I think Dennis's stuff gets real interesting-the recent 1968 comp was a great Dennis feast....as I'm sure will be the upcoming Feel Flows....I think Carl was not a prolific writer but his stuff is usually interesting too..The Feel Flows period saw everyone make solid contributions-but I will admit even Brian's throwaways often stand out....Genius is an over used word but he had flashes of genius for sure
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx