gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680600 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 05:32:37 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wendy's ephemera referencing Cousins, Friends & Brothers, 1982  (Read 2262 times)
Occasional grilled cheese
Smiley Smile Associate

Quickly Duncan, the strengths!

View Profile WWW
« on: January 21, 2021, 12:37:41 PM »

At some point within the past year or so, while looking for vintage ticket stubs, I came across a 1982 leaflet given away at Wendy's that made reference to the then-forthcoming but ultimately unrealized "Cousins, Friends, and Brothers" LP. Unfortunately, I didn't buy the leaflet and it doesn't appear to be available anymore.

Has anyone else seen this? I know the project fell apart but it seems strange for it to have earned even this kind of mention so early on in development. Did this have anything to do with the Wendy's/Sunkist co-branded Surfing Classics comp?

Try Q-Z-2-U-H
Rob Dean
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2021, 02:34:48 PM »

At some point within the past year or so, while looking for vintage ticket stubs, I came across a 1982 leaflet given away at Wendy's that made reference to the then-forthcoming but ultimately unrealized "Cousins, Friends, and Brothers" LP. Unfortunately, I didn't buy the leaflet and it doesn't appear to be available anymore.

Has anyone else seen this? I know the project fell apart but it seems strange for it to have earned even this kind of mention so early on in development. Did this have anything to do with the Wendy's/Sunkist co-branded Surfing Classics comp?

Hi, 'Cousins,Friends and Brothers' was in fact the muted/working title for what became the 'Keepin' The Summer Alive' album in 1980
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2021, 09:55:18 AM »

Hi, 'Cousins,Friends and Brothers' was in fact the muted/working title for what became the 'Keepin' The Summer Alive' album in 1980

Wasn't it also the working title for the '85 abum? I seem to remember reading something along those lines.

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Occasional grilled cheese
Smiley Smile Associate

Quickly Duncan, the strengths!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2021, 10:05:44 AM »

Wasn't it also the working title for the '85 abum? I seem to remember reading something along those lines.

Well they at least refer to Dennis as their "cousin, friend and brother" on the back cover dedication. The aforementioned leaflet was from after KTSA but before they cut BB85. Still I suppose its accuracy (as of publication) shouldn't be taken for granted anyway.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2021, 10:07:01 AM by Occasional grilled cheese » Logged

Try Q-Z-2-U-H
Ian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2021, 05:52:13 AM »

After keepin the summer alive they recorded intermittently and Mike gave interviews suggesting such an album would be coming in 1982 but ultimately there was a five year gap between albums
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx