gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
665650 Posts in 26684 Topics by 3822 Members - Latest Member: mysolution January 15, 2021, 06:30:36 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mike's buddy Trump gives BBs collaborator Toby Keith National Medal of the Arts  (Read 509 times)
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: January 13, 2021, 04:19:48 PM »

At the very moment Trump was getting impeached for the record-setting 2nd time, Trump turned a blind eye to pesky talk of insurrection, and held a very, very important closed door event... to award BBs collaborator Toby Keith with this prestigious honor.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2021/jan/13/trump-awards-medals-singers-toby-keith-and-ricky-s/

I can't imagine a scenario where Mike isn't annoyed that it wasn't *him* receiving this award over Toby - after all of the Trump brownnosing that Mike has done with this transactional, twice-impeached president.

But there's still another week though, so maybe Mike is next in line. I think Mike is legit going to feel pretty cheated if his buddy leaves him hanging. Does anyone disagree? I am totally serious in thinking this.
I mean Mike's been in the music business twice as long as Keith, and has brownnosed at least 2.5 times as hard.

- 2017 inauguration-adjacent show
- 2018 White House press conference with Kid Rock, etc.
- 2020 Trump Jr.-related trophy hunting gig
- 2020 Trump fundraiser show in the middle of a pandemic
- 2021 NYE Mar-a-Lago show in the middle of a pandemic
+ probably more stuff I'm overlooking.

That unwavering loyalty has got to count for *something*.

And it makes Mike's unthinkably bad choice to proceed with even the indefensible trophy hunting gig make all the more sense in hindsight. There is *no way* Mike hasn't been purposefully angling for an award like this, gaining "own the libs" points with multiple generations of Trump family members.  Of course Mike has all along known that Trump is transactional, and of course an award has been on his radar.

If Trump somehow leaves Mike hanging, Mike is most *definitely* going to have to speak to the manager.

« Last Edit: January 13, 2021, 05:19:02 PM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2021, 04:52:38 PM »

Can BRI impeach Mike Love?  Shrug

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2021, 08:34:29 PM »

Mike’s hanging out for the big one. A full pardon for ‘Summer In Paradise’.  Grin
Peadar 'Big Dinner' O'Driscoll
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: Yesterday at 01:30:44 AM »

Toby Keith is terrible so who cares but disappointed to see Ricky Skaggs there too.

Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: Yesterday at 01:53:28 AM »

Toby Keith is terrible so who cares but disappointed to see Ricky Skaggs there too.

Toby Keith to me is the definition of what is wrong with Country Music and has been for decades. Obviously he is not to blame for being part of the industry and he possibly is a nice person. But I can't stand people f*cking with Country Music. Probably one of the greatest music styles ever. And Toby Keith is a wannabe Waylon Jennings - and very bad at that.

And although I probably will regret posting this, but since it came up in the thread title and I just saw it in the last days, here is something from the igotaround.com site which is done by former Beach Boys band members.

http://www.igotaround.com/

from 2016:

Fact Check! Not a Beach Boys Concert! Delusional Donald's Annual Bamboozling of The Beach Boys!

This article was published last month. I was there in '96 and I call BULLSHIT! Read it then see why below.

http://www.igotaround.com/blog/

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
All Summer Long
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Yesterday at 11:33:52 AM »

Toby Keith to me is the definition of what is wrong with Country Music and has been for decades. Obviously he is not to blame for being part of the industry and he possibly is a nice person. But I can't stand people f*cking with Country Music. Probably one of the greatest music styles ever. And Toby Keith is a wannabe Waylon Jennings - and very bad at that.

I will agree that there has been a lot wrong with country in the last couple decades and hate seeing people mess with it, but Toby Keith is not too bad in my opinion. There are plenty of artists cranking out worse music than him that they claim to be “country”, especially but not limited to Luke Bryan, Dan and Shay, etc.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx