gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680755 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 20, 2024, 01:53:33 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: SWD Study-Videos --- update  (Read 3203 times)
Stephen W. Desper
Honored Guest

Maintain Dynamics - Keep Peaks below 100%

View Profile WWW
« on: January 16, 2021, 09:17:15 AM »

COMMENT to all fans:  If you would like to view the study-videos I once provided at my website (now removed) including the book, Recording The Beach Boys, please visit the email address below for further information.  Please write:  "Send info" in subject line of the email.    

Good Listening, ~Stephen W. Desper

Copy and Paste the following address into your email server ... and press send:   swdstudyvideos@earthlink.net   (DO NOT click on the address. Copy and Paste to your email service)

Special thanks to Craig.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2021, 09:19:17 AM by Stephen W. Desper » Logged
ForHerCryingSoul
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2021, 04:27:42 PM »

Thank you for this information and all of your contributions to Beach Boys history. It is always a treat to hear you 50 years (and more) after the genesis of some of my favorite albums! I hope you have a great 2021! 
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2021, 05:41:49 PM »

Stephen,

Thanks so much for your prompt email reply and I'm beyond glad that you've found a way to get your videos and wealth of information to us fans. That being said, I see that the only way to view these videos is to register on the Endless Harmony forum.

Many of us here at Smiley Smile do not have accounts on that forum for many different reasons. Mostly, some of the leadership (and former leadership) has blatantly lied about people here (including myself), and frankly I don't trust that cadre with my personal information (including IP addresses, and personal email to sign up). Former (recent) leadership there had been caught trying to get an IP address of a certain poster here to send to an "interested party" while being a member of this forum...I just don't feel comfortable signing up there given the history of some of the members.

I get it, it is the music that should be bringing us together, and I completely see how petulant these board feuds can seem - but it's more of a matter of my own personal mentality/internet-safety. A lot of us have seen a lot of really horrible garbage done by people there, and I just don't want to be around that again.

Anyways, thank you so much for re-uploading your videos and I am sure it'll be very popular (and I hope it is). I wish you the best and I know many great fans will get a lot of enjoyment out of these videos. Thanks for all that you've done for us fans over the years!

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
Stephen W. Desper
Honored Guest

Maintain Dynamics - Keep Peaks below 100%

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2021, 06:09:54 AM »

COMMENT to rab2591:  If you respond to this post, your inquiry and/or information will not be shared with any other board. The pathway to viewing the SWD Study-Videos is provided to each BB fan for free. Whether you choose to use that pathway is your decision. I can only praise the SmileySmile administrators for their cooperation. ~swd

Stephen,

Thanks so much for your prompt email reply and I'm beyond glad that you've found a way to get your videos and wealth of information to us fans. That being said, I see that the only way to view these videos is to register on the Endless Harmony forum.

Many of us here at Smiley Smile do not have accounts on that forum for many different reasons. Mostly, some of the leadership (and former leadership) has blatantly lied about people here (including myself), and frankly I don't trust that cadre with my personal information (including IP addresses, and personal email to sign up). Former (recent) leadership there had been caught trying to get an IP address of a certain poster here to send to an "interested party" while being a member of this forum...I just don't feel comfortable signing up there given the history of some of the members.

I get it, it is the music that should be bringing us together, and I completely see how petulant these board feuds can seem - but it's more of a matter of my own personal mentality/internet-safety. A lot of us have seen a lot of really horrible garbage done by people there, and I just don't want to be around that again.

Anyways, thank you so much for re-uploading your videos and I am sure it'll be very popular (and I hope it is). I wish you the best and I know many great fans will get a lot of enjoyment out of these videos. Thanks for all that you've done for us fans over the years!
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2021, 07:17:43 AM »

COMMENT to rab2591:  If you respond to this post, your inquiry and/or information will not be shared with any other board. The pathway to viewing the SWD Study-Videos is provided to each BB fan for free. Whether you choose to use that pathway is your decision. I can only praise the SmileySmile administrators for their cooperation. ~swd

Stephen,

Stephen, I definitely trust you with my email address and name (which is why I sent you an email) - it's registering with the Endless Harmony forum that I have issues with (as we have to register with that forum to see your videos).

Again, this is my own personal preference due to some of the people associated with that forum. But I am glad most others will be able to enjoy the content that you have provided. Thanks again!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
Kid Presentable
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2021, 04:20:23 PM »

Rab, with all due respect - and I "get" that it seems odd that needing to go through the Endless Harmony forum to access these videos would be the easiest and most secure & controlled option for all parties involved -  I think you're trying to stir up some partisanship of some sort, although not necessarily on purpose... why isn't your first thought to just make an anonymous burner account with a burner email address and not worry about stuff? Not trying to be mean...
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2021, 05:35:03 PM »

I’m with rab on this.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2021, 05:43:20 PM »

Thank you Stephen! And Happy New Year to you.
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2021, 03:13:01 AM »

Rab, with all due respect - and I "get" that it seems odd that needing to go through the Endless Harmony forum to access these videos would be the easiest and most secure & controlled option for all parties involved -  I think you're trying to stir up some partisanship of some sort, although not necessarily on purpose... why isn't your first thought to just make an anonymous burner account with a burner email address and not worry about stuff? Not trying to be mean...

Stephen was kind enough to send me a PM further explaining his reasoning for using the EH forum as a means of providing us fans with his videos. I won’t divulge what he said in a private message, but based on the information he sent, it would seem that creating a burner/anonymous account would go against the entire point of being forced to register in the first place.

As for trying to stir up partisanship - if people want to sign up to watch Stephen’s videos I am more than happy that they are doing that. If people want to make burner accounts, I guess they are more than welcome to do that - to me this seems like it completely nullifies the purpose of Stephen setting it up the way he did. But perhaps I am misunderstanding what he wrote.

Anyways, I have said what I wanted to say. This is really a blessing to fans, and again, I hope as many people as possible get to enjoy this. I can’t stress enough how lucky we are that Stephen is willing to give his time and knowledge to create these videos and provide them to us for free.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2021, 04:45:53 AM by rab2591 » Logged

Peadar 'Big Dinner' O'Driscoll
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2021, 06:09:23 AM »

Boards.net is free software so I doubt that the mods there have a whole lot of access to user details.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2021, 06:10:39 AM by Peadar 'Big Dinner' O'Driscoll » Logged

roffels
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2021, 06:41:55 AM »

Thank you Stephen for making these videos accessible!
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2021, 08:07:21 AM »

Boards.net is free software so I doubt that the mods there have a whole lot of access to user details.

Per a quick google search ProBoards allows access to email addresses (even if the user opts to hide their email address), ISP, and other information provided by the user. Apparently an admin can grant access to this information to anyone who is part of a Member Group.

I am fairly certain that the qualm I brought up will effect very few people. So it’s really not worth much discussion. A plethora of fans will get to enjoy Stephen’s hard work, and that’s all that matters. I am glad Stephen found a way to bring these videos back, especially with Feel Flows right around the corner.

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx