gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 12:53:50 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Stereogum: ''Mike Love’s Beach Boys played for a packed, mask-less crowd'  (Read 7781 times)
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2021, 09:20:20 PM »

Removed per request
« Last Edit: January 04, 2021, 12:10:48 AM by ♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇 » Logged

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
patsy6
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2021, 09:58:06 PM »

I'm glad to see that apparently Bruce is taking a pro-masking stand and did not appear at this event. At the end of his phone call on Billy Hinsche's live Facebook show, Bruce told watchers to stay safe and "wear the mask."

Wow. If that's the case, good for him. Even so, he supported a president who advocated otherwise so no big points from me, but it's better than what Mike is doing. At 80 years old this machismo posturing crap is just so so foolish.

Agreed on both counts.
Cabinessenceking
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2021, 02:34:22 AM »

Can I just highlight not only is Mike Love performing at a mask free event hosted by the leader who failed to perform anything resembling leadership during a pandemic that has cost hundreds of thousands of lives, but he chooses to do so for a leader that so far has refused to concede an election he clearly lost and has been for months trying to end your democracy and your republic, while destroying the very concept of law. And all this has been enabled by that absolute farce called the Republican Party. More like the party of crooks and traitors.

What the actual f*** is wrong with that man, what the f*** is wrong with your country and a big chunk of your people who support this? Lastly what the f*** is wrong with Mike Love. In any case. I spit on him. No, I sh*t on him, your orange fascist wannabe dictator and all his fascist supporters, be them on this board or not.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2021, 02:38:41 AM by Cabinessenceking » Logged
gxios
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2021, 03:50:04 AM »

The States handled the plandemic.  If he was a fascist, you'd be in jail.  If you've been to college, go get your money back.  You've been cheated out of an education.
Tom
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2021, 06:21:02 AM »

Sadly it's the American attitude. Land of the free. Glad not to live there. And of course people like Mike are the favourite demographic of leaders like Trump - Mike is a man who made his wealth in the 'golden age' of American prosperity. Of course the American dream  was always a lie and always predicated upon the exploitation of the underclasses, but we needn't belabour that point. It's only natural that Mike has a mind to preserve and perpetuate the standing of the already wealthy, with less regard for anybody else. The delusion of being immune to covid is just an extension of the above.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2021, 06:21:55 AM by Tom » Logged
chewy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2021, 09:26:32 AM »

so Mike & Dean are still bros, all these years later?
chewy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2021, 09:30:36 AM »

do you think they did any jan & dean songs- maybe more footage will turn up
Kid Presentable
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2021, 10:51:47 AM »

The States handled the plandemic.  If he was a fascist, you'd be in jail.  If you've been to college, go get your money back.  You've been cheated out of an education.

Be careful kids, this is what you'll sound like if you huff too much shoe polish
Cabinessenceking
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2021, 01:35:12 PM »

The States handled the plandemic.  If he was a fascist, you'd be in jail.  If you've been to college, go get your money back.  You've been cheated out of an education.

Be careful kids, this is what you'll sound like if you huff too much shoe polish

Sounds like it. Of course Trump is a fascist, but he hasn't been able to mold the state into doing the fascist henchmanship for him, but that's not for a lack of trying. Had he had his way every political opponent would be in a cell, every criticism would be met with a visit from a "gestapo" officer. You would be stuck in a situation where "1984" would be but a mere script for events to follow. Thankfully I don't live there, I can just look on in absolute horror. That country balances on a knife's edge, the worst is yet to come I fear. My concern is that will affect everyone and not just the Americans.

Imagine then Mike Love, the self-professed spiritual and peacefully enlightened man going about glorifying all this. Makes me sick to the stomach, and I'm sure Brian too.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2021, 01:38:44 PM by Cabinessenceking » Logged
southbay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2021, 04:57:33 PM »

Why is nobody piling on Dean Torrence? Why does he get a free pass?

Summer's gone...it's finally sinking in
juggler
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2021, 05:46:09 PM »

Dean was in the Vosse Posse airport photos.  He has lifetime street cred around these parts.    Cool

Seriously, though, my advice to some of you is from the famous serenity prayer: "Grant me the serenity to accept what I cannot change."   Mike Love is nearly 80. Mike is gonna do what he's gonna do.  No amount of criticism, complaints or teeth-gnashing by fans is going to change him.
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2021, 06:37:22 PM »

To show how sadly washed up and forgotten Dean is, you'll see plenty of articles talking about fans who are very disappointed with other musical acts who appeared at that event such as Taylor Dayne and Terri Nunn, but nary a word about Dean Who?

But yeah, anybody foolish enough to appear at that event, including DT, should be roundly criticized for that unmitigated buffoonery. Surf Shitty.
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2021, 06:39:53 PM »

Dean was in the Vosse Posse airport photos.  He has lifetime street cred around these parts.    Cool

Seriously, though, my advice to some of you is from the famous serenity prayer: "Grant me the serenity to accept what I cannot change."   Mike Love is nearly 80. Mike is gonna do what he's gonna do.  No amount of criticism, complaints or teeth-gnashing by fans is going to change him.

Actually, I think he keeps doing what he's doing because a sizable amount of both low information fans as well as general right wing hardcore fans line up to show their support of Mike and continue patronizing him. If enough fans actually no longer supported him, and his fanbase dwindled to about 15 people, you can bet he would change his tune.

But yes we know that's not going to happen and I understand what you're saying of course.
Kid Presentable
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2021, 07:22:36 PM »

Here?  Because this is a BB board.
Everywhere else?  Because it was a BB cover band involving Mike Love, and Dean Torrence just doesn't have the notoriety at this point.
Kid Presentable
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2021, 07:31:46 PM »

I'd hope that after a maskless performance by that asshole and his fake BB band would have to quarantine for at least two weeks and if he doesn't survive the virus, oh well! Evil

You've posted twice in this thread about how you'd like Mike Love to die, which shows that you just shouldn't be posting on this board at all
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 03, 2021, 08:38:03 PM »

Well whatayaknow, a new moderator!! And, a Mike Love apologist which means he's a brainwashed fool of a fan to boot. What a guy this kid is.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: January 03, 2021, 08:41:53 PM by The LEGENDARY OSD » Logged

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
Don Malcolm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 03, 2021, 09:48:24 PM »

Time to lock up this thread, mods...Mike deserves a "double-shot" of derision for doubling down on his relentless arc of asshattery, but the line is crossed when folks start publicly wishing him bodily harm.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2021, 10:11:40 PM »

Time to lock up this thread, mods...Mike deserves a "double-shot" of derision for doubling down on his relentless arc of asshattery, but the line is crossed when folks start publicly wishing him bodily harm.

Definitely agree; I’m incredibly disgusted by this and other recent events, but I wouldn’t wish this on my worst enemy, having had it myself

« Last Edit: January 03, 2021, 10:13:53 PM by ♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇 » Logged

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx