gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 05:28:04 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: BeachBoysTalk Tonight on Twitch - 8pm EST!  (Read 1387 times)
gregcoffeymusic
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: January 12, 2021, 09:30:08 AM »

Hi Everyone!

Thank you for having this board - been a fan for a long time! I am a writer/musician in Nashville TN and my brother and I are starting a series for super nerds of the group, just like us, to talk Beach Boys! Being that I am a piano player, I will also be taking requests of any Beach Boy song, and talking about the music as well.

We would love to have you come join us! Really just looking for kindred spirits to talk our favorite band, during such a crappy time.

Hope to see you tonight!

Twitch Name: BeachBoysTalk
Time: 8pm EST
juggler
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2021, 12:26:41 PM »

Great idea!  Good luck with the show!  Can't make that time tonight but hope to catch future episodes.

Putting in the first request, though...  In keeping with show-hosting theme... "Johnny Carson" from Love You.  "It's nice to have you on the show tonight.  I've seen your act in Vegas... out of sight!"
« Last Edit: January 12, 2021, 12:28:07 PM by juggler » Logged
gregcoffeymusic
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2021, 12:56:55 PM »

Love it! I went through pretty much all of the records - Love You is such a great record! Next time you can join us and we will definitely rock out on some Johnny Carson! Thanks!
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2021, 08:34:37 AM »

Unfortunately I had to work last night (well not unfortunately, because I still have to pay bills lol), but I caught the last minutes of the show and wanted to say well done on the first outing! Kudos on the Rickenbacker and Jaguar hanging on the wall BTW. From what little I saw and heard, it looks like a show worth following!

Just a suggestion - As I'm not familiar with the Twitch platform and have never used it before last night, could you post a quick overview for dummies like me who haven't used it, in terms of how to register, how to use the chat function, or just the bare bones to get started so fans interested in your program can get engaged with all the features? Maybe it's as simple as logging in or starting an account but maybe it would be helpful for those unfamiliar with a Twitch program.

Thanks!

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
gregcoffeymusic
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2021, 09:02:51 AM »

Hi GuitarFool!!!

Thank you for the kind words - especially coming from you! Yeah the Rick is actually one of my prized possessions - its a Carl Wilson signature - I had wanted one since I was little!

We had a lot of positive feedback on the show, so we have decided to update the platforms as well. But here is where you can find us to make it a little easier for folks that might want to join us next week:

We will be streaming at both of these links.

Twitch (Desktop or App) (Need to have a Twitch Account)

https://www.twitch.tv/beachboystalk

Facebook (Desktop or App) (Need to have a Facebook Account)

https://www.facebook.com/Beach-Boys-Talk-105807131486358

Facebook is just regular old Facebook - pretty easy to just find the page and you are there. Twitch is a platform that is actually built specifically for Live Streaming, which allows for a little more interaction.

I hope this helps, and I do hope you can join us next week. We learned so much from the folks that did get to join - things I didn't know before.

Take care!

Greg and Matt

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx