gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 12:10:07 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blue Christmas (Beach Boys Version) Chords/Arrangement?  (Read 606 times)
Reverberation
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: December 25, 2020, 11:51:03 AM »

Greeting and Merry Christmas,

As I'm sure we've all been doing, I've been playing The Beach Boys 1964 Christmas album, the 70s Merry Christmas album, and Brian's solo Christmas album nonstop, but one of my favorites of all the Beach Boys Christmas collection is Brian's heart-wrenchingly beautiful rendition of Blue Christmas.

I've been wanting to play some of the Beach Boys Christmas tunes with my family, and the surfermoon.com chords for The '64 album and the 70s unreleased Christmas BB songs are great, BUT there is not one I've seen for Brian's Blue Christmas - which I really want to play.

I see the original chords by Bill Hayes and Jay Johnson are in G, and listening to the song I think the BB version with Brian singing is in Bb, but some of the chords in the BB arrangement sound different. Does anyone have/know of any good transcriptions for the BB version of Blue Christmas? Ideally chords/lyrics, though I'd be able to make due with sheet music I suppose. Everything I see online are for Elvis' or earlier versions.

Brian's vocal on Blue Christmas is so sweet, so emotional, so heart breaking, it makes me want to cry to be honest. For my money, it's Brian's greatest vocal performance. I wouldn't be able to do it justice vocally of course, but I'd love to be able to play it and try!

Thanks for any assistance or pointers in this and HAPPY HOLIDAYS! 🎅
« Last Edit: December 25, 2020, 11:52:58 AM by Reverberation » Logged
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx