gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680819 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 25, 2024, 01:16:18 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian's vocal decline - when is it first noticeable to you?  (Read 11277 times)
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: January 21, 2021, 02:17:54 PM »

Great video!

(Thanks for the shoutout as well)

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 21, 2021, 07:47:27 PM »

There's another one from April '78 that doesn't go around, called I Really Love You, and it's bizarre. It sounds like his MIU voice on sleeping pills.

Hmm, I always thought "I Really Love You" was an unreleased Carl tune for some reason. So it's a Brian tune with a Brian lead? And you've really heard it? Kinda nuts. Is it a ballad? By the sleeping pills reference I'm assuming it's a slow one.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: January 21, 2021, 08:57:31 PM »

That sounds fascinating....Im adding that to my list of “must heard before I depart this mortal could” songs

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
William Bowe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 22, 2021, 01:15:55 AM »

What is it with Brian singing the opening lines of Al Jardine songs? I count California Saga - California, Lookin' Down The Coast and arguably Take a Load Off Your Feet.
WillJC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 22, 2021, 03:49:16 AM »

« Last Edit: April 23, 2021, 04:04:03 AM by SaltyMarshmallow » Logged
WillJC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 22, 2021, 03:52:03 AM »

What is it with Brian singing the opening lines of Al Jardine songs? I count California Saga - California, Lookin' Down The Coast and arguably Take a Load Off Your Feet.

I think Al just has a knack for getting Brian enthusiastic enough to work in a way that most don't. Unless it's to do with Loop De Loop.
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: January 22, 2021, 05:25:21 AM »

There's another one from April '78 that doesn't go around, called I Really Love You, and it's bizarre. It sounds like his MIU voice on sleeping pills.

Hmm, I always thought "I Really Love You" was an unreleased Carl tune for some reason. So it's a Brian tune with a Brian lead? And you've really heard it? Kinda nuts. Is it a ballad? By the sleeping pills reference I'm assuming it's a slow one.

You're probably thinking of "I'll Always Love You", a Barry Mann song recorded during the KTSA sessions, which features a Carl lead. Supposed to be really, really good.
Joel Goldenberg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 25, 2021, 05:41:23 PM »

Arriving a bit late here, but I too was fascinated by Brian's vocal (and physical) transformation, so much so I decided to make a (somewhat) comprehensive video demonstrating its evolution a little while back: https://youtu.be/BaLkubqbzeo

In case you wanted a 'quick' 44 minute summation of 60 years of singing and 78 years of living.
I've watched the video several times and love it. I'm struck that Brian looks quite happy singing at the piano during the MIU sessions while Al is behind him with a guitar. Looks good too.
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx