gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680599 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 12:03:48 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Any indications of releases next year as a tie-in with the 60th anniversary?  (Read 2196 times)
thr33
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: December 22, 2020, 05:36:51 AM »

Other than (crossing fingers) Feel Flows, of course.

Are reissues/remixes for albums in the cards?

New compilation(s) of some sort?

Maybe a 10th anniversary edition of the Smile Sessions?

Just idle speculation based on nothing, apologies, but wonder if there'll be something. I suppose we would've heard something already, but just thinking aloud here.
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2020, 04:33:04 PM »

I would expect anything like this to take place in 2022 since the 50th was in 2012, and because I'd imagine at the bare minimum, at least the first quarter of 2021 will still be pretty f'ed up by COVID, if not the first half of the year...
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2020, 10:21:01 PM »

I'm sure we're overdue for another reissue of Pet Sounds. And another hits collection.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2021, 11:47:52 AM »

I'm sure we're overdue for another reissue of Pet Sounds. And another hits collection.

Yes, it's been a while, hasn't it?  Grin

IIRC there was talk about a new Beach Boys documentary (no, not the one about Brian). Are there any news about that?

I'm still hoping for a new release of the "Lost Concert" (this time including "Monster Mash"). Though not their wildest show, it is such a treasure and imo criminally overlooked. Maybe there even is a way to get Carl's guitar louder. So releasing a couple of BlueRays of different shows woud be great, or put them as a bonus on the documentary BlueRay. Especially after listening to Knebworth yesterday, I realized that the live releases for the mainstream market are something that holds potential imo.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2021, 11:52:18 AM by Rocker » Logged

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2021, 12:12:52 PM »

LOL

They will never make a better Pet Sounds collection than the 30th anniversary boxset. Yet I guess they are obligated to churn them out ever so often to milk us fans.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2021, 02:10:52 PM »

LOL

They will never make a better Pet Sounds collection than the 30th anniversary boxset. Yet I guess they are obligated to churn them out ever so often to milk us fans.
When did the Smile Sessions come out? 2011? Time for a 10th anniversary box set.
Awesoman
Smiley Smile Associate

Disagreements? Work 'em out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2021, 09:16:05 PM »

Other than (crossing fingers) Feel Flows, of course.

Are reissues/remixes for albums in the cards?

New compilation(s) of some sort?

Maybe a 10th anniversary edition of the Smile Sessions?

Just idle speculation based on nothing, apologies, but wonder if there'll be something. I suppose we would've heard something already, but just thinking aloud here.

Probably at the very least they'll be an umpteenth greatest hits compilation.  Hopefully something more interesting will turn up though. 

And if you don't know where you're going
Any road will take you there
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx