gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 04:07:07 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Don't Talk Session Tapes  (Read 1560 times)
Seagull Merlin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: December 21, 2020, 07:09:34 PM »

Hey I'm just curious are the Don't Talk session tapes not in the vault? Sorry if this has been covered before but compared to the other stereo remixes Don't Talk is pretty narrow save for the vocals so I was wondering why that is?
Ebb and Flow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2020, 11:22:41 PM »

They're missing the first stage tape with the tracking session in three track, which would have given the backing track a fuller stereo mix.  Parts of the tracking session were booted which indicates that it was taken from the tape library.
Joshilyn Hoisington
Honored Guest

Aeijtzsche

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2020, 11:39:00 AM »

Yeah, one of the many tragic missing tape scenarios.  Maybe one day it'll turn back up.  It's one of the sparser basic tracks on PS, so hearing the three track separation (assuming it was spread over three) would be pretty magical.
RingoStarr39
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2020, 04:00:27 PM »

I never even realized the backing track was recorded on 3 track. I'm so used to only hearing the combined single mono track.
Are there any other Pet Sounds era tapes that are notably missing? Not just stuff that was wiped, but actual missing tapes.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx