gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680739 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 18, 2024, 01:29:51 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: ‘Little Saint Nick’ Official Animated Video  (Read 2044 times)
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: December 13, 2020, 09:20:48 AM »

Nice little official release for 2020. FF or news next hopefully.

Merry Christmas everyone and stay safe.

https://youtu.be/xp9rK8FmYog
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2020, 09:45:31 AM »

Lots of fun easter eggs in this one.
Rob Dean
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2020, 11:48:54 AM »

Blimey, this video is like a quiz for us nut fans - Just how many refernces to BB's history can you spot ?  Grin
UEF
Smiley Smile Associate

Sheriff John-ston

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2020, 12:49:07 PM »

I noticed this today playing on Spotify when the song plays, thought I'd never seen it before...
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2020, 10:00:33 AM »

Story here.

https://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwmusic/article/The-Beach-Boys-Bing-Crosby-More-Receive-Animated-Videos-for-Holiday-Hits-20201214
thetojo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2020, 04:07:13 PM »

If you've been around long enough, you'll remember when an "Easter Egg" required some effort to find. You'd have to basically know what to do from word of mouth to "hatch" it. Eg. You'd have to enter a certain formula in a certain cell in Excel, and if you followed the procedure up would come something like the names of the coders.

They were big in gaming too, you would have to follow some seemingly useless path in a game to stumble on another game or a reward of some kind. In a remake of Pitfall, for example, if you went to the right place, you'd end up inside the original Atari version of the game from 20 years earlier.

As with everything now, these things are just thrown right in your face.

I hate the use of this term - there's no "unwrapping" any more. Why not say "cross-references" or, God forbid, a word like "allusions".

[End of psycho rant/lecture/social commentary]
thetojo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2020, 04:12:42 PM »

Love how Denny's head swings around while he's drumming - perfect.
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2020, 04:31:33 PM »

If you've been around long enough, you'll remember when an "Easter Egg" required some effort to find. You'd have to basically know what to do from word of mouth to "hatch" it. Eg. You'd have to enter a certain formula in a certain cell in Excel, and if you followed the procedure up would come something like the names of the coders.

They were big in gaming too, you would have to follow some seemingly useless path in a game to stumble on another game or a reward of some kind. In a remake of Pitfall, for example, if you went to the right place, you'd end up inside the original Atari version of the game from 20 years earlier.

As with everything now, these things are just thrown right in your face.

I hate the use of this term - there's no "unwrapping" any more. Why not say "cross-references" or, God forbid, a word like "allusions".

[End of psycho rant/lecture/social commentary]

Off-topic I know, but I hear 'ya. The old Sega Genesis had a few neat ones hidden in their games. I remember an NBA basketball game where you could enter a code and have a player play golf. Another one had that throwback Pitfall Atari 2600 version you mentioned, I remember that well! And while it wasn't too practical, the Madden football in either 95 or 96 had all those old teams hidden behind codes, but that was more fun for NFL fans who would like to play the undefeated 1972 Dolphins or whatever. Good times.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
Summertime Blooz
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2020, 05:08:59 PM »

I prefer the video they released four years with Brian dressed up like Santa Claus.  I love that video.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbgxDgVmMF0

Please visit 'The American(a) Trip Slideshow' where you can watch the videos and listen to fan mixes of all the Smile songs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doOws3284PQ&list=PLptIp1kEl6BWNpXyJ_mb20W4ZqJ14-Hgg
DonnyL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2020, 05:12:05 PM »

Is this the first official reference to Feel Flows from Capitol & the group?

Cabinessenceking
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2020, 04:49:55 AM »

Really good video! Does good justice to the song and bridges that oddly wide theme gap between surf/beach and Christmas haha
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx