gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 09:19:18 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rocker's youtube channel  (Read 4470 times)
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« on: November 29, 2020, 07:56:11 AM »

I decided to finally record some of my songs and upload them to youtube instead of waiting on other musicians to form a band. Anyway, the first song has just been uploaded:

"Roll on"
https://youtu.be/z_xjp7VklNk

I don't know when the other songs will be uploaded, because I have to finish them before.

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Peadar 'Big Dinner' O'Driscoll
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2020, 05:38:04 AM »

Good stuff! Guitar and Vocals sound great. Drums a little busy for my liking.

Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2020, 05:07:53 AM »

Good stuff! Guitar and Vocals sound great. Drums a little busy for my liking.

Thank you!
 Smiley

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2021, 09:03:32 AM »

Finally I got around to upload a second song. It's called "Is you ever been in the groove?". Hope you like it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_3iVreeFJQ

- Jack Rieley
Chris Brown
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2021, 07:57:48 PM »

Both tracks sounded great Rocker - nice clean sound, especially on the guitar.  What do you use for recording (DAW-wise)?
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2021, 05:40:17 AM »

Both tracks sounded great Rocker - nice clean sound, especially on the guitar.  What do you use for recording (DAW-wise)?

Thank you, man!

Nothing too fancy. I don't know too much about the recording stuff. My drummer has Garageband on his computer, so we use that. We record my guitar through my Guyatone GX1 amp with one of these microphones (also the vocal) and a Alesis GuitarFX multi effect pedal. The guitar is a HBE-1335 II VS, which is basically an older version (I bought it in 2006/7) of this one. These guitars are great considering the price. But looking at the link, I am somewhat shocked of how the sunburst one looks. Mine has a beautiful sunburst tone, really well done. But the one I linked to looks terrible to my eyes. But maybe that's just my personal taste.

I play an Overland Precision Bass directly into the computer.
The drummer of course has a lot of mics for recording his kit, but I don't know the specifics. I could ask him if that's of interest to you.

As you see, there's really not much going on in terms of technical equipement. Again, I don't know a lot about it and just want to play and record. There certainly are ways to make much better recordings and not get too expensive. But the recordings on my channel are not supposed to be perfect. They are just demos of some of my songs. Only thing is that we wanted them to have a more or less "live" (as in a complete band playing at the same time) feeling. I myself don't have any professional equipement as my abilities are too limited to go nuclear on that. The only "pro" device I have is a Shure SM58, I believe. But that one wasn't used on any of the two recordings.

EDIT:

I just asked the drummer. It's not GarageBand anymore but Logic Pro that he uses.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2021, 12:41:57 PM by Rocker » Logged

- Jack Rieley
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2021, 03:42:46 PM »

Enjoyed both tracks...you got a new subscriber!

Are you on Spotify?

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2021, 02:20:32 AM »

Wonderful, thank you, Billy!

No, I'm not. I don't know anything about this and how to promote your own music. I don't even have an Instagram account.  Embarrassed LOL

- Jack Rieley
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2023, 09:34:42 AM »

I finally got around to finish and upload a new song. It's called "Never to be Your Friend again". Check it out here:

https://youtu.be/NIoTCk2cNZ4

- Jack Rieley
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx