gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680552 Posts in 27595 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 19, 2024, 02:28:22 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian on Facebook live next Tuesday 11/24/20  (Read 3551 times)
NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."

View Profile
« on: November 20, 2020, 05:33:34 AM »

Post on FB
Brian will be live on FB next Tuesday at 12 noon PST
Post questions on his FB site
« Last Edit: November 20, 2020, 05:36:56 AM by NOLA BB Fan » Logged

"No White Flags." - Team Gleason

"(Brian) got into this really touching music with songs like 'In My Room', and 'Good Vibrations' was amazing. The melodies are so beautiful, almost perfect. I began to realize he was one of the most gifted writers of our generation." - Paul Simon

"The best thing you can be 'like' in music is yourself." Dr. John
Ninten
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2020, 05:15:33 PM »

Wonder if someone will ask him about Feel Flows.
NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2020, 09:57:41 AM »

Anybody here planning on asking a question on Brian’s site tomorrow?
Hope we get to see some new “Brianisms”  LOL

"No White Flags." - Team Gleason

"(Brian) got into this really touching music with songs like 'In My Room', and 'Good Vibrations' was amazing. The melodies are so beautiful, almost perfect. I began to realize he was one of the most gifted writers of our generation." - Paul Simon

"The best thing you can be 'like' in music is yourself." Dr. John
Matt H
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2020, 10:28:33 AM »

If I am able to make it, I will ask him about the Long Promised Road documentary.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2020, 10:50:10 AM »

I thought about a really good, interesting question that at the same time wouldn't be too much for a facebook post. But I can't think of anything so I probably just gonna ask what his favorite Elvis song ist. I've been wanting to know that for years now.

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Matt P
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2020, 06:41:28 AM »

Anyone know where this can be viewed after the event?  I can't find it
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2020, 07:14:09 AM »

It's on Brian's FB page. It was just fans asking questions in the comments and Brian replying to them. There was no video.
All Summer Long
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2020, 10:35:32 AM »

It's on Brian's FB page. It was just fans asking questions in the comments and Brian replying to them. There was no video.

Supposedly they recorded audio and/or plan to make a transcript for release next week?

I thought about a really good, interesting question that at the same time wouldn't be too much for a facebook post. But I can't think of anything so I probably just gonna ask what his favorite Elvis song ist. I've been wanting to know that for years now.

Rocker were you lucky enough to get a reply?
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2020, 10:39:49 AM »

Rocker were you lucky enough to get a reply?

Nope. Unfortunately not. But maybe another time  Smiley

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Matt P
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2020, 08:40:56 AM »

Managed to trawl through the FB thread, typically 'concise' answers from Brian as expected.  Someone asked what he remembered about recording Surfin' at the Morgan's house, Brian answered "I remember it was 1961"  Cheesy
UEF
Smiley Smile Associate

Sheriff John-ston

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2020, 05:59:58 AM »

He also added some other insight - "Feel Flows I don't know about that" and "I don't know Adult Child"
juggler
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2020, 12:40:01 PM »

Managed to trawl through the FB thread, typically 'concise' answers from Brian as expected.  Someone asked what he remembered about recording Surfin' at the Morgan's house, Brian answered "I remember it was 1961"  Cheesy

Personally I don't think it's that weird if Brian doesn't have encyclopedic recall of every recording session or project.  I get that it that fans pouring over minutiae, reading obsessively-detailed books, pouring over every scrap of session recordings... have one level of interest in and knowledge about some of these things... and the participants have a much different, much lower level of interest.

I recently had reason to revisit some old emails from 1999. I'll tell you, I remember some of the things being discussed back then but other details may as well have involved someone else because I have largely forgotten a lot of it.  I don't think I have a bad memory. It's just that, you know, I've been living my life.  A lot of other stuff has happened.  Brian Wilson isn't sitting around every day for the last 40 or 60 years thinking about things like Adult Child and the Morgan sessions.  He's been living his life, doing other things... eating at the deli, going to the kids' basketball games, watching Jeopardy, touring with the gang, etc. etc.
phirnis
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2020, 03:12:05 AM »

Couldn't agree more. This kind of stuff is what fans obsess over, not the artists/musicians themselves. Maybe if you played Brian some songs off the Adult/Child sessions he'd remember; he's probably well aware of Still I Dream of It, while I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't remember his A/C recordings of Deep Purple and On Broadway.
37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2020, 08:54:28 PM »

There were hundreds of questions, but Brian answered very few.

He even answered a few questions on a *different* post as well.

Check out my podcasts: Tune X Podcast (tunex.fab4it.com) and Autobiography of a Schnook (SchnookPodcast.com); there are worse things you can do!
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx