gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680599 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 12:59:45 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bruce living in a memory facility in Santa Barbara?  (Read 4419 times)
Tony S
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: November 15, 2020, 04:47:14 PM »

Friend of a friend said that he had heard Bruce is living in Pacifica Senior Living in Santa Barbara a memory facility that specializes in helping residents with dementia and Alzheimer's. No idea if this is true or not and hadn't heard anything about that, but he seemed pretty certain. If true I hope he is ok, as we all do age. 
lastofmykind
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2020, 05:55:45 PM »

I would find that hard to believe as he traveled with the band for the last 2 shows they had in Utah, interestingly Scott Totten was not there and Randell took his place.
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2020, 06:26:26 PM »

I would find that hard to believe as he traveled with the band for the last 2 shows they had in Utah, interestingly Scott Totten was not there and Randell took his place.

Scott recently suffered a hand injury.
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2020, 06:41:26 PM »

Methinks this story is either bogus or about another person with the same name. "Our" Bruce called in live to Billy Hinsche's show last night -- it didn't sound like there's anything wrong with his memory.

Listen to the call here:
https://www.facebook.com/billy.hinsche/videos/5319187201440863

« Last Edit: November 15, 2020, 08:44:15 PM by Emdeeh » Logged
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2020, 07:03:25 PM »

I’ll believe it when the communal piano has a microphone fitted.  LOL
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2020, 08:43:28 PM »

Methinks this story is either bogus or about another person with the same name. "Our" Bruce called in live to Billy Hinche's show last night -- it didn't sound like there's anything wrong with his memory.

Listen to the call here:

That was really cool! Thanks for posting that, Emdeeh!
juggler
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2020, 09:04:34 PM »

Methinks this story is either bogus or about another person with the same name. "Our" Bruce called in live to Billy Hinsche's show last night -- it didn't sound like there's anything wrong with his memory.

Listen to the call here:

Listening to this... Thanks. 
Agreed.  There's ZERO possibility that Bruce is a resident of Alzheimer's/ dementia care.  If Bruce ever darkened the door of such a facility, he must have been visiting someone else.
Tony S
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2020, 03:58:33 AM »

Yes I thought it strange too since I listened to his interview on Billy's show live and he sounded fine. Who knows hopefully it's not true
phirnis
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2020, 04:01:50 AM »

Hopefully not. I still want him to write his autobiography. I tend to disagree with Bruce's views a lot but he's always had an interesting perspective on the band.
Joel Goldenberg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2021, 04:46:49 PM »

Hopefully not. I still want him to write his autobiography. I tend to disagree with Bruce's views a lot but he's always had an interesting perspective on the band.
I yelled out to Bruce at a late 2016 Beach Boys concert (as intermission started) when his book was coming out. He heard me, came out from backstage and said "never!"
patsy6
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2021, 11:07:08 PM »

Listen to the call here:

Bruce sounded very sharp on that call.
BeachBoysCovers
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2021, 07:04:55 AM »

My book idea:

Take every Beach Boys and solo song he did. Ask him about them.

A month later repeat

A month later repeat

Then put all three probably completely different responses on one page, page per song. Book done.

Tom
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2021, 10:20:30 PM »

My book idea:

A month later repeat

A month later repeat

Then put all three probably completely different responses on one page, page per song. Book done.

Not sure if it's sarcasm but this would genuinely be great. Bruce is great in that he doesn't just tell the same few stories by rote - he actually remembers these events and has so much insight to offer, he's just never asked.
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2021, 08:05:59 AM »

My book idea:

A month later repeat

A month later repeat

Not sure if it's sarcasm but this would genuinely be great. Bruce is great in that he doesn't just tell the same few stories by rote - he actually remembers these events and has so much insight to offer, he's just never asked.

From the many accounts I've heard of conducting Bruce interviews and just chatting with him casually, he can give you a really great interview with enthusiastic and detailed insights, and then at other times he can go off the rails and be a total d**k. In non-interview encounters, this has occasionally ended up truly troubling (a few fan stories are in old threads here), while in interviews it will sometimes manifest itself as Bruce sort of making fun of you or deriding/dismissing you for being a deep-dive fan.

The good thing is that a good interviewer and an editorial process can lead to Bruce's memories and insights being valuable to a project.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx