gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680749 Posts in 27614 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 06:51:34 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Auto Tuning / personnel  (Read 5977 times)
Awesoman
Smiley Smile Associate

Disagreements? Work 'em out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2020, 09:56:26 AM »

I think in some cases the use of Autotune comes off as a trendy effect to sound "modern".  Hell, rapper T-Pain makes a living off of it.  I don't understand the appeal.  It's no secret that studio wizardry is used to sweeten vocals in the mix, but when it's this blatantly obvious it makes you wonder if the effect was deliberate.  🤷‍♂️

And if you don't know where you're going
Any road will take you there
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2020, 02:14:54 PM »

Extreme Autotune makes me cringe, which is why I don't care for a lot of current popular music.
Tom
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2020, 02:02:41 PM »

I have a feeling Eagle Rock use a degree of autotune on all their live releases. Most of the Queen concerts they've put out have a fair bit of tune on Freddie's voice. I guess it's the simplest way to 'clean up' performances which weren't necessarily perfect/intended for release in their initial formats. Still, it's historical revisionism and it sounds like sh*t (and will continue to sound worse as 2000's era autotune technology becomes more and more dated).
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2020, 04:54:21 PM »

Extreme Autotune makes me cringe, which is why I don't care for a lot of current popular music.

+1
The 4th Wilson Bro.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2020, 02:55:44 PM »

Many of you are obviously knowledgeable about music and recording techniques. I love great music, but I'm a novice when it comes to knowing about/recognizing autotune, pitch correction, etc.

But haven't studio recordings always used techniques that make the vocals sound better (maybe not better, but at least different) than they sound in live performances?

Please try to explain in layman's terms to someone who would really like to know.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2020, 02:56:41 PM by The 4th Wilson Bro. » Logged
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx