gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 12:01:15 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why is Gettin' In Over My Head so hard to hear??  (Read 2881 times)
PongHit
Smiley Smile Associate

AVOID MISSING BALL FOR HIGH SCORE • JeffWinner.com

View Profile WWW
« on: November 10, 2020, 07:38:07 PM »

Only 2 of the Gettin' In Over My Head tracks are playable on Spotify, for example. Is there some weird publishing issue??

''Only more damage can arise from this temporary, fleeting image of success known as The Beach Boys.''
—MURRY WILSON

''People are thinking Mike Love is crazy.''
—MIKE LOVE

''Mike Love? He's Crazy.''
—BRIAN WILSON
Freddie French-Pounce
Smiley Smile Associate

A.K.A. mrmoustachioto

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2020, 05:16:54 AM »

It's a way of making sure people stay away from it! Fine by me  LOL

Check out the Mono/Stereo Mix Breakdown podcast Mixology here: https://mixology.podbean.com/
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2020, 07:03:47 AM »

There's obviously an issue with it being available online to stream or purchase digitally, but there are a billion cheap CD copies available, so this thing is certainly *not* difficult to listen to.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2020, 10:07:51 AM »

If discoverability isn’t crucial to your streaming experience, Apple Music (and YouTube music to a much lesser extent) is perfect for Beach Boys fans...and I say this because they have a 100,000 song upload limit - meaning you can upload all your bootlegs, all the albums that aren’t available via streaming (including Summer In Paradise).

I have a lot of my favorite SMiLE bootleg albums, rarities, Getting In Over My Head, etc, uploaded to my library so I can listen to them anywhere, anytime from the cloud.

I also recommend YouTube Premium which gives you an ad-free YouTube experience (and you can download YouTube videos for offline viewing) and YouTube music (though I think the song upload limit is 10,000 which is considerably less than Apple Music). But there are hundreds if not thousands of beach boys rarities on YouTube that you can put into playlists and listen to uninterrupted.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
phirnis
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2020, 11:39:18 AM »

Not Brian's finest hour by any stretch of the imagination. BUT in 2004 some of us were pretty happy to hear a) a new Brian solo album that b) didn't sound as AC and MOR as Imagination. I hardly ever revisit this album but I played it a lot when it came out. If only the singing were a little better! You've Touched Me is a pretty sweet song, it has a late-60s BB vibe to it.
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2020, 06:54:15 PM »

Not Brian's finest hour by any stretch of the imagination. BUT in 2004 some of us were pretty happy to hear a) a new Brian solo album that b) didn't sound as AC and MOR as Imagination. I hardly ever revisit this album but I played it a lot when it came out. If only the singing were a little better! You've Touched Me is a pretty sweet song, it has a late-60s BB vibe to it.
GIOMH was the first Brian solo studio album that I didn't absolutely fall in love with (I hadn't heard Sweet Insanity yet). BW88, IJWMFTT amd Imagination all got tons of play in my home; I kept playing GIOMH, thinking at some point it would have that effect on me, but it never did. It wasn't just poor vocals; some of the songs just aren't that good. I thought Brian with McCartney would have made for some musical magic; instead, I find the track rather embarrassing.
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2020, 04:22:32 PM »

Only 2 of the Gettin' In Over My Head tracks are playable on Spotify, for example. Is there some weird publishing issue??

The two available tracks were on the Playback Anthology compilation from a few years back. The album itself has been out of circulation for a long time now.

phirnis
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2020, 11:37:34 PM »

GIOMH was the first Brian solo studio album that I didn't absolutely fall in love with (I hadn't heard Sweet Insanity yet). BW88, IJWMFTT amd Imagination all got tons of play in my home; I kept playing GIOMH, thinking at some point it would have that effect on me, but it never did. It wasn't just poor vocals; some of the songs just aren't that good. I thought Brian with McCartney would have made for some musical magic; instead, I find the track rather embarrassing.

My perception of the Sweet Insanity songs on that album has changed very much. At the time I kind of enjoyed the new arrangements and I was happy for these songs to finally come out. Today I totally prefer the original versions that have been circulating.
Pablo.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2020, 09:45:20 AM »

GIOMH was a BriMel production licenced to Rhino as part of the BWPS dea l with Nonesuch (both labels part of the Warner conglomerate). My guess: the rights to GIOMH have reverted to BriMel, so, when the Playback anthology was assembled in 2017 BriMel only licenced two tracks from GIOMH to Rhino.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2020, 09:46:30 AM by Pablo. » Logged
Tony S
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2020, 04:31:33 PM »

I think Imagination was great, not nearly so much GIOMY....I hardly ever listen to the latter anymore....but Imagination, I could listen to all day....and sometimes do!
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2020, 12:00:13 AM »

I think Imagination was great, not nearly so much GIOMY....I hardly ever listen to the latter anymore....but Imagination, I could listen to all day....and sometimes do!
Yes, Imagination has Brian sounding healthy and happy.
twentytwenty
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2020, 12:19:44 PM »

There's obviously an issue with it being available online to stream or purchase digitally, but there are a billion cheap CD copies available, so this thing is certainly *not* difficult to listen to.

I mean, some of us doesn't own a CD player these days 😂
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx