gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680748 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 03:04:50 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Trump fundraiser in Orange County featuring Mike and 'The Beach Boys'  (Read 39087 times)
mtaber
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #325 on: November 09, 2020, 12:01:52 PM »

I’m imagining a parallel universe where Mike Love does a fundraiser for Joe Biden and starts the show with “you ain’t black if you vote for Trump!”
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #326 on: November 09, 2020, 01:08:55 PM »

Tongue in cheek?  If I told someone on here to get coronavirus and die, would it be ok because it could be “tongue in cheek”?

I think Sam was referring to cabinessenceking’s post because it was so unbelievably crass that it couldn’t possibly be for real.

That being said, there have been so many unbelievably rude comments in this thread that clearly aren’t tongue-in-cheek (such as the coronavirus one - though the poster never wished death on the guy, mtaber, may want to edit your post). I hope many who have posted in this thread will be able to one day look back on their posts and feel a morsel of remorse for their comments aimed at fellow human beings.

Every single one of you have brought some kind of informative, comical, and/or good-natured fun to this forum - but man, when it comes to politics it’s like a switch is turned and some of you forget that we are all human beings with thoughts, feelings, reasons for believing the things that we believe, different personalities.

Many of us may disagree on certain things, but please remember that the more we hate our fellow man, the darker the world becomes. I’m not saying you have to roll over and agree with a viewpoint that you legitimately can’t comprehend, but instead of pure hatred perhaps see that not every person who doesn’t share your viewpoint is a completely lost degenerate unworthy of any kind of respect or decency.
Two words: Mike Love.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #327 on: November 09, 2020, 01:13:53 PM »

Yeah Mike could stand to learn that...you’re right brother

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #328 on: November 09, 2020, 01:16:56 PM »

Ok... lock this thread, or Sandbox?

That is the question

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #329 on: November 09, 2020, 01:19:22 PM »

Ok... lock this thread, or Sandbox?

That is the question

Every time the band loses a new fan - and believe me this is a real thing, just read any social media site and see people who are legitimately thinking that the band/brand are Trump supporters as opposed to just being one dude (or one point five dudes) - it becomes sadly relevant, and on topic (related to the band) again.

Sad
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #330 on: November 09, 2020, 01:22:24 PM »

True. Honestly that’s the only reason why this thread is still open

rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #331 on: November 09, 2020, 01:44:19 PM »

At the same time, the concert is done, the election is over. The only posts that have been made since the concert took place have had zero relevancy to The Beach Boys and are only bringing more division to the board. I support locking the thread if people are just going to continue being completely intolerant, rude, and disrespectful to fellow posters.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #332 on: November 09, 2020, 01:47:00 PM »

I vote for locking and unpinning the thread, unless it gets moved to the Sandbox.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2020, 01:48:53 PM by Emdeeh » Logged
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #333 on: November 09, 2020, 01:53:53 PM »

At the same time, the concert is done, the election is over. The only posts that have been made since the concert took place have had zero relevancy to The Beach Boys and are only bringing more division to the board. I support locking the thread if people are just going to continue being completely intolerant, rude, and disrespectful to fellow posters.

I agree.

gfx
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx