gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 09:47:27 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Trump fundraiser in Orange County featuring Mike and 'The Beach Boys'  (Read 38905 times)
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: October 18, 2020, 10:42:45 AM »

https://www.latimes.com/politics/story/2020-10-18/trump-fundraiser-california?fbclid=IwAR1EjEbVZYlnT3C10ZLUYk8ZjOabDlq1GiR10C5SG9p7Vp_KzPzdN-Rc8Hg

Screw Mike for dragging down the brand name once again.

There's no way that all the members of the band are in support of this. Mike just does this because he can, once again.

Huge, huge shocker with a massive narcissist loving another massive narcissist. What a surprise. Like flies on sh*t.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2020, 10:48:03 AM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2020, 10:53:51 AM »

As a fan, this is really unacceptable to me. We know that Mike is a Trump fan, that's his right. But he shouldn't take the Beach Boys' name to this. Especially since I'm pretty sure a couple of the other Beach Boys is not ok with Trump. Usually I'd guess that the Beach Boys' name will take a dump in the public's view after this. But I don't think anyone cares enough about the Beach Boys. It's not like it would be the Stones.

Wasn't there even something like Trump jr. talking badly about Brian? I didn't follow that, so I may be wrong on this.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2020, 10:56:31 AM by Rocker » Logged

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2020, 10:56:39 AM »

As a fan, this is really unacceptable to me. We know that Mike is a Trump fan, that's his right. But he shouldn't take the Beach Boys' name to this. Especially since I'm pretty sure a couple of the other Beach Boys is not ok with Trump. Wasn't there even something like Trump jr. talking badly about Brian? I didn't follow that, so I may be wrong on this.

The president's dipshit narcissist son talking sh*t about Brian, yes it happened.

I'm sure Mike was glad to see Brian knocked down a few pegs, as Mike's silence in response to Don Jr spoke volumes, because Mike for a few days could avoid saying WILSONS DID DRUGS for once and save his breath, and just let somebody else with a huge platform help out in knocking Brian.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2020, 03:26:17 PM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2020, 11:25:40 AM »

Not again Mike, you endorse the family who went after BW....

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
bossaroo
Smiley Smile Associate

...let's be friends...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2020, 11:33:45 AM »

what an asshole.  those two really deserve each other

Mike should lose the license over shlt like this
« Last Edit: October 18, 2020, 11:37:15 AM by bossaroo » Logged
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2020, 11:36:01 AM »

Yikes -- all politics aside, two near-octogenarians playing a show at a highly likely superspreader event is scary stuff.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2020, 11:38:29 AM by Emdeeh » Logged
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2020, 11:39:29 AM »

Mike Love can f*** off into the sun at this point. This is inexcusable.

Join The Human Race
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2020, 11:49:52 AM »

Very hard to defend these actions from Mike in 2020. It reminds me of George Harrison's quote about how Mike never really listened to what the Maharishi was teaching. Mike could have easily gone into the sunset and enjoy life, but here we are...
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

Bill Cooper Mystery Babylon

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2020, 12:18:34 PM »

https://www.latimes.com/politics/story/2020-10-18/trump-fundraiser-california?fbclid=IwAR1EjEbVZYlnT3C10ZLUYk8ZjOabDlq1GiR10C5SG9p7Vp_KzPzdN-Rc8Hg

There's no way that all the members of the band are in support of this. Mike just does this because he can, once again.

Huge, huge shocker with a massive narcissist loving another massive narcissist. What a surprise. Like flies on sh*t.

I am not a Trump supporter,  but what I do support is freedom of Speech. Celebrities use their platform all the time to make political statements. It is their right. Personally, if I love the art they produce, I could care less what politics or religion (TM) they push. Unless it's that Satanic death metal stuff. Too far for me. Lol!

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Mike Love autobiography (pg 242-243)
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2020, 02:29:59 PM »

Variety juat posted an article quoting Brian and Al. I cant post it because im on my phone.

They knew nothing about it

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
BeachBoysCovers
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2020, 02:48:05 PM »

The worse part is there is a health crisis on. And yet Mike does this knowing it will cause at least 3 stress or anger based heart attacks amongst forum users, 12 severe episodes dehydration amongst people who try and catch up with this thread when it gets to 45 pages by tomorrow morning, and no doubt kill the poor hamster who runs around in a wheel to keep the server running.

Ian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2020, 02:58:31 PM »

Variety article https://www.google.com/amp/s/variety.com/2020/music/news/brian-wilson-al-jardine-trump-benefit-beach-boys-disavow-california-mike-love-1234808907/amp/
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2020, 03:12:10 PM »

Variety juat posted an article quoting Brian and Al. I cant post it because im on my phone.

They knew nothing about it

Typical Mike as quoted in the article:

"But Donald Trump has never been anything but kind to us"

because of course that's textbook behavior from somebody who can only view the world through the lens of how things affect them personally.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2020, 03:27:10 PM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
ppk700
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2020, 03:22:20 PM »

Disgusting. Add the Beach Boys to the list of politicized "stuff." Firmly siding with Brian and Al on this one. The trophy hunting show was bad, this is even worse. Hey, maybe Mike can team up with Kid Rock for his next cover of "Do It Again"!
ppk700
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2020, 03:27:35 PM »

Wasn't there even something like Trump jr. talking badly about Brian? I didn't follow that, so I may be wrong on this.

Yes, the tweet was something to the effect of calling Brian another crying liberal. Don Jr. was very rude/dismissive of Brian. I didn't like Don Jr. to begin with, but.... don't talk sh*t about Brian.

Angry
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2020, 03:32:26 PM »

Yes, the tweet was something to the effect of calling Brian another crying liberal. Don Jr. was very rude/dismissive of Brian. I didn't like Don Jr. to begin with, but.... don't talk sh*t about Brian.

Angry

Dipshit Don Jr. specifically made fun of Brian to say that he had successfully "triggered" him. Because, you know, "triggering" 78-year-old musicians who have worked immeasurably hard to bravely overcome mental illness, and who continue to suffer auditory hallucinations for 50 years, is akin to sport for him.

Mike, the cowardly ass-kisser/Trump fellater that he is, said nothing in response.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2020, 03:35:35 PM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
AKA
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2020, 03:36:36 PM »

Is there any realistic scenario in which Mike’s license to use the Beach Boys name can be rescinded? What would that look like? Is it feasible?
« Last Edit: October 18, 2020, 03:37:15 PM by AKA » Logged
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2020, 03:43:37 PM »

I am not a Trump supporter,  but what I do support is freedom of Speech. Celebrities use their platform all the time to make political statements. It is their right. Personally, if I love the art they produce, I could care less what politics or religion (TM) they push. Unless it's that Satanic death metal stuff. Too far for me. Lol!

This is more than politics. This also has to do with the fact that musicians shouldn’t be playing large events in front of audiences right now. And that Trump has continued to ignore health experts, that just a couple of weeks ago a bunch of his peers and staffers became seriously ill and he still thinks he should be able to hold rallies and let his fans take the risk and apparently Mike feels similarly. That’s just really irresponsible.

Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2020, 03:57:06 PM »

This also has to do with the fact that musicians shouldn’t be playing large events in front of audiences right now.

^ This is exactly what I meant earlier. Mike is running a terrible health risk playing this gig.
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2020, 04:53:42 PM »

I am not a Trump supporter,  but what I do support is freedom of Speech. Celebrities use their platform all the time to make political statements. It is their right. Personally, if I love the art they produce, I could care less what politics or religion (TM) they push. Unless it's that Satanic death metal stuff. Too far for me. Lol!

Mike should do what he wants under his own personal name, not under the brand name. Again, the circumstances just happened to fall into a situation where Mike can do that, and there doesn't appear to be anything that Brian or Al can do to stop Mike (per their own words about Mike's last garbage show).

But it doesn't mean Mike should use the brand name on a massively public scale like that, even if Mike has a hard on for the man he's probably angling to get some presidential award or some ego-stroking pat on the head from. But Mike does every single thing he can get away with. He has no scruples whatsoever.

Obviously, the fact that this was announced just a short time before the show would be something that would help Mike simply slip in and do what he wants while minimizing anyone's efforts to stop him. The fact that he wouldn't consult the other members of BRI about playing such a high profile and polarizing show, and that Brian and Al would find out from Variety magazine, is indicative of his giant ego and reckless disregard for the other members' thoughts and feelings, which we all know is an unsurprising general thing for Mike anyway.

How Mike justifies playing an event and using the songs that Brian wrote, some of which Mike cowrote, when Brian is in opposition to the show taking place, I'll never understand. That in and of itself is unethical. Forget the fact that I personally abhor Trump; the fact that Mike's cousin (who wrote those songs) and does not want his songs to be used for that, but perhaps doesn't have it in him to get into a massive legal headache at almost 80 years old, and Mike takes advantage of that situation, is gross behavior, but perfectly par for the course for this guy.

Hopefully "soon-ish" is an answer to the question of how much longer it'll be before Mike will no longer be abusing and prostituting the brand name like this.  

If Brian only knew the levels to which Mike would eventually stoop to when Mike was granted the license to the name... this would never happen if Carl were alive. This is not like playing a Reagan event. This is apples and oranges for anyone who wants to make that ridiculous comparison.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2020, 05:45:37 PM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
jeffh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2020, 05:20:00 PM »

Maybe we can get trump to ask Mike to release the Feel Flows box set.
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2020, 05:31:43 PM »

Mike love is trending on twitter

The hate is extrmene

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2020, 05:53:29 PM »

This also has to do with the fact that musicians shouldn’t be playing large events in front of audiences right now.

^ This is exactly what I meant earlier. Mike is running a terrible health risk playing this gig.

So...he promotes the Concert In Cars series as being safe and with appropriate precautions being taken, then does a gathering like this, presumably without those precautions? Did the events in the Rose Garden a few weeks back not register?
Awesoman
Smiley Smile Associate

Disagreements? Work 'em out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2020, 05:59:58 PM »

Well said, right on.  The selective outrage over this is utterly ridiculous. 

And if you don't know where you're going
Any road will take you there
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2020, 06:02:45 PM »

This whole crap event is being put on by noted racist/white supremacist associate/hand gesture maker Palmer Luckey.

www.vrandfun.com/oculus-founder-palmer-luckey-seen-together-steve-bannon-white-supremacist-chuck-c-johnson/amp/

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-arrives-ca-beach-boys-191735399.html
« Last Edit: October 18, 2020, 06:03:17 PM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 14 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx