gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 05:29:02 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Trump fundraiser in Orange County featuring Mike and 'The Beach Boys'  (Read 38871 times)
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: October 19, 2020, 03:21:20 PM »

Succinct and to the point thanks Donny!

+1. Right on the money.
Robbie Mac
Smiley Smile Associate

Carl Wilson is not amused.

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 19, 2020, 05:02:01 PM »

As a huge Beach Boys fan and a strong conservative centered around the importance of values, morals and ethics, I'm proud that Mike is playing the Trump sponsored concert.   For all my other musical 'heroes' that have supported the politics of hatred, divide, racism and suppression of freedoms (liberals), I'm glad that the Beach Boys band name is being represented on the right side of history.    Congrats to Mike.   Remember, the thoughts shared on these boards are not as widespread as you'd like to believe.   Americans in the vast majority of states, cities and counties elected Trump as our President because he stood for the political decisions/directions we so desired after being on the brink of a civil war with President Obama.   The seething anger of racism generated by that man's words and actions were unlike anything this country had saw, but the media and these boards rarely bothered to notice or report.  

For fucks sake, you’re completely missing the point that they’re playing a concert for a crowd during a pandemic. I don’t give a sh*t about Mike’s politics or your politics, it doesn’t change that it’s stupid and dangerous and against CDC guidelines.

Hi Rocky.  No, I didn't miss that point.  I think its perfectly okay to play a concert during a 'pandemic' because I don't believe its a 'pandemic'.   Survival rates are over 99.9% and nearly half of the reported deaths are dying WITH COVID, not OF COVID.  And American numbers include all the states where liberal Governors placed COVID patients in nursing homes with those most susceptible!  I live near Lancaster, PA where this occurred.  It was truly heartbreaking.  The elderly were killed and then the numbers are now used on Biden ads as political fodder.   The numbers are completely overstated and the real truth is in overall deaths from year to year.   We all have family in the medical field and some in the undertaking field continually exposing death certificates where COVID was slapped on because of the financial incentives.  We also all have families with real examples of healthy people dying of COVID.  No doubt, the virus is real and dangerous, but its been totally blown out of proportion for government control which is making much worse scenarios than simply protecting those most vulnerable.  Luckily, Trump cut off travel to China early on.   Remember, the experts stated for years including this spring that masks do nothing.   Now, people are turning against each other because they bought into the hype that MY MASK PROTECTS YOU.   No, your mask is having more ill affects on you having to breathe your own 'exhaust' all day long.   We could publicize stories on a daily basis of heathly individuals dying from a variety of common illnesses.   This was an evil political opportunity.  For instance, cancer patients are in much higher numbers and always have been more susceptible to illnesses and we didn't care for them with COVID-like precautions??   And obviously, the media is outraged by Trump's rallies but has no problem with the racist protestors that rioted in our USA cities and streets most of the summer months???

Wow. Just. Wow.

The world could come together as one
If everybody under the sun
Adds some 🎼 to your day
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 19, 2020, 05:30:09 PM »

As a huge Beach Boys fan and a strong conservative centered around the importance of values, morals and ethics, I'm proud that Mike is playing the Trump sponsored concert.   For all my other musical 'heroes' that have supported the politics of hatred, divide, racism and suppression of freedoms (liberals), I'm glad that the Beach Boys band name is being represented on the right side of history.    Congrats to Mike.   Remember, the thoughts shared on these boards are not as widespread as you'd like to believe.   Americans in the vast majority of states, cities and counties elected Trump as our President because he stood for the political decisions/directions we so desired after being on the brink of a civil war with President Obama.   The seething anger of racism generated by that man's words and actions were unlike anything this country had saw, but the media and these boards rarely bothered to notice or report.  

For fucks sake, you’re completely missing the point that they’re playing a concert for a crowd during a pandemic. I don’t give a sh*t about Mike’s politics or your politics, it doesn’t change that it’s stupid and dangerous and against CDC guidelines.

EXACTLY, and as someone who DID have Covid and have had complications since, I have a major issue

I'm sorry to hear that, Billy, I hope you are on the mend.

I can only imagine it must be extra insulting as a Covid survivor and as somebody who has been dealing with complications for Mike to be breaking those rules and showing a lack of disregard, playing a show in front of a bunch of anti-masking idiots, and having people in this thread try to downplay Covid.

I personally know several friends, and friends of friends, who have actually passed away from Covid - people who were not elderly, in their 40s and early 50s. One had a pre-existing health condition, one didn't. As even Chris Christie himself has said, this disease is very random in how it manifests in people. There's lots that we don't know. In fact if there's one thing for certain that we do know, it's that we know that we don't know as much as we should know in order to make an informed decision to try to downplay it.  

So people who want to downplay Covid with their horseshit facts can seriously take a long walk off a short pier. That downplaying mindset plays directly into the same narcissistic simpleton mindset that Mike Love has, where he can only understand the world as it relates to his own personal experiences affecting his own dumbass, privileged self, as opposed to actually being an empath for once in his life.

There's a certain mindset that a section of people on this planet have: things are disregarded and are not considered a problem that they are willing to recognize/tackle/address *until it happens to them personally*, until their own life is detrimentally affected by it. Mike very much seems to fit the bill of that kind of person.

Side note: Am I misremembering, or did one of Mike's brothers call Blondie the N-word or something similarly disgusting in the early 1970s, thus leading to him quitting?  I'm guessing that is behavior which the white supremacist fellow Luckey who put on this Trump event would have been totally fine with, and I'll bet half or more of the attendees would just look the other way at it without any care.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2020, 06:42:57 PM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
Kid Presentable
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 19, 2020, 06:07:27 PM »

Modern Republicans do not think that the rules apply to them.  That is their only philosophy at this point.  Everything else has been mortgaged in an attempt to grab as much power as possible.  Nathan Snyder's opinions as stated in this thread reflect this general asocial mentality and need to be shouted down repeatedly until he finds new ones that don't ignore our shared reality, willfully and in damaging fashion. 

Mike Love probably likes Joe Biden as well and would play his Southern California rally if Biden threw a bag of cash at him.  He is just so unscrupulous that he's one of the last dogs left that will jump at Trump's bone. 
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 19, 2020, 06:26:48 PM »

Modern Republicans do not think that the rules apply to them.  That is their only philosophy at this point. Everything else has been mortgaged in an attempt to grab as much power as possible. Nathan Snyder's opinions as stated in this thread reflect this general asocial mentality and need to be shouted down repeatedly until he finds new ones that don't ignore our shared reality, willfully and in damaging fashion.  

Mike Love probably likes Joe Biden as well and would play his Southern California rally if Biden threw a bag of cash at him.  He is just so unscrupulous that he's one of the last dogs left that will jump at Trump's bone.  

Yep. The part above which I highlighted in yellow fits in exactly with Mike's behavior regarding the BBs brand name, since 1998 in particular. Completely makes sense why such a warped person as Mike would support such as warped candidate as Trump.

Except I'm not in agreement that he'd play any sort of Biden rally.  Ever.

Look at Mike's frothing fanbase of flag-waving, low information fans. They have gotten hugely upset at *Brian* simply for distancing himself from Mike's inauguration show. Brian's press release also played it softball a bit in terms of the language that was used in terms of not being overly vicious and overly political, yet still Brian online nevertheless gets a bunch of blowback from idiot right wingers who hate the Democrats so much that they're willing to boycott Brian Wilson himself.  

Granted that's probably a small amount, but point being, Mike - while being someone who doubles down on what he feels, and while he seems to pretend to not care about getting heat for stuff - in reality would not want to piss off his increasingly right wing fanbase by promoting Joe Biden. For any cost. I mean, if Mike played a Biden rally for a ton of cash, Mike would absolutely get a bunch of right wingers boycotting his shows, because they already view Mike as their hero for repeatedly associating with Trump as few celebrities from bands are willing to do.  And I'll bet that ALL of Mike's "friends" (aka sycophants) are Trump voters in his pathetic rich person bubble. Not sure any bag of cash would get him to do anything pro-Biden. Plus, Bruce is a massive, massive hater of Democrats and I don't see him doing any Biden show either, not for any amount of money.

Mike just probably looks up to Trump's power grabbing dictator mentality, because that's just how Mike is, and also I'm sure Mike is salivating at Trump's history of granting rewards to pop culture celebrity imbeciles like Rush Limbaugh, and he is angling to be next in line for something like that which will further feed his insatiable ego.

I agree that Mike will do just about anything for money, and that he is a completely unscrupulous human being, yet I think he proved with C50 that if something will feed his ego, he'll prioritize that carrot of ego stroking over any monetary reward, even if that shoots himself in the foot longterm. The Trump fans (and Trump himself) will continue stroking Mike's ego in such a massive way, and that would not in a million years happen with any hypothetical Biden association.

Mike's an addict, addicted to ego stroking and power. Money comes 2nd, if there's a choice between the two. His WILSONS DID DRUGS endless diarrhea is akin to any sort of hypocritical clergy people who are hiding the very traits they loudly rail against.

Someone needs to write a book about the similarities between Mike and Trump, and how their behaviors have reeked havoc (on massively different scales, but still with striking similarities nevertheless) on what they have had power over.  Mike really is the Donald Trump of the music world.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2020, 06:45:24 PM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
SBonilla
« Reply #80 on: October 19, 2020, 06:28:23 PM »

Quarantine, better yet, sequester, Nathan Snyder. Plz.  Smiley
Amy B.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 19, 2020, 06:39:16 PM »

EXACTLY, and as someone who DID have Covid and have had complications since, I have a major issue

I can only imagine it must be extra insulting as a Covid survivor and as somebody who has been dealing with complications for Mike to be breaking those rules and showing a lack of disregard, playing a show in front of a bunch of anti-masking idiots, and having people in this thread try to downplay Covid.

I personally know several friends, and friends of friends, who have actually passed away from Covid - people who were not elderly, in their 40s and early 50s. One had a pre-existing health condition, one didn't. As even Chris Christie himself has said, this disease is very random in how it manifests in people. There's lots that we don't know. In fact if there's one thing for certain that we do know, it's that we know that we don't know as much as we should know in order to make an informed decision to try to downplay it.  

So people who want to downplay Covid with their horseshit facts can seriously take a long walk off a short pier. That downplaying mindset plays directly into the same narcissistic simpleton mindset that Mike Love has, where he can only understand the world as it relates to his own personal experiences affecting his own dumbass, privileged self, as opposed to actually being an empath for once in his life.

There's a certain mindset that a section of people on this planet have: things are disregarded and are not considered a problem that they are willing to recognize/tackle/address *until it happens to them personally*, until their own life is detrimentally affected by it. Mike very much seems to fit the bill of that kind of person.

Yes, to all of this.
joe_blow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 19, 2020, 07:19:29 PM »

A lot of TDS on this thread. Whatever you think of him, please remember he is the first President in decades to not start a war. Brokered the middle east peace deal. Remember the guarantees from CNN, MSNBC, and many in the media? The economy will crash, Russian collusion will be proven, minority unemployment will hit all time highs, there will be a war with North Korea, the embassy will not be moved to Jerusalem, the stock market will crash,. How many of these have panned out? Trump donates his salary. But he won't denounce white supremacy right? Oh only dozens of times. Look at all the decrepit democratic run cities....hmmm? When a story comes out about Biden's corruption FB and Twitter ban it. They claim not verified while allowing countless Trump stories to remain up even after being debunked. The fact that this post will probably force this thread to be locked  because it shines a good light on The President after pages of open Trump bashing has been allowed might be something to think about.
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 19, 2020, 07:37:23 PM »

A lot of TDS on this thread. Whatever you think of him, please remember he is the first President in decades to not start a war. Brokered the middle east peace deal. Remember the guarantees from CNN, MSNBC, and many in the media? The economy will crash, Russian collusion will be proven, minority unemployment will hit all time highs, there will be a war with North Korea, the embassy will not be moved to Jerusalem, the stock market will crash,. How many of these have panned out? Trump donates his salary. But he won't denounce white supremacy right? Oh only dozens of times. Look at all the decrepit democratic run cities....hmmm? When a story comes out about Biden's corruption FB and Twitter ban it. They claim not verified while allowing countless Trump stories to remain up even after being debunked. The fact that this post will probably force this thread to be locked  because it shines a good light on The President after pages of open Trump bashing has been allowed might be something to think about.

A proud supporter of President Trump right there ↑

If you're so proud, share your name on here instead of hiding behind the "joe_blow" nonsense! Be proud of your support of Stormy Daniels' tiny mushroom-shaped-penis-having former lover!
« Last Edit: October 19, 2020, 07:38:03 PM by Jim V. » Logged
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: October 19, 2020, 07:45:29 PM »

As a huge Beach Boys fan and a strong conservative centered around the importance of values, morals and ethics, I'm proud that Mike is playing the Trump sponsored concert.   For all my other musical 'heroes' that have supported the politics of hatred, divide, racism and suppression of freedoms (liberals), I'm glad that the Beach Boys band name is being represented on the right side of history.    Congrats to Mike.   Remember, the thoughts shared on these boards are not as widespread as you'd like to believe.   Americans in the vast majority of states, cities and counties elected Trump as our President because he stood for the political decisions/directions we so desired after being on the brink of a civil war with President Obama.   The seething anger of racism generated by that man's words and actions were unlike anything this country had saw, but the media and these boards rarely bothered to notice or report. 

Side note: Am I misremembering, or did one of Mike's brothers call Blondie the N-word or something similarly disgusting in the early 1970s, thus leading to him quitting?  I'm guessing that is behavior which the white supremacist fellow Luckey who put on this Trump event would have been totally fine with, and I'll bet half or more of the attendees would just look the other way at it without any care.

Damn right it was upsetting. I had to log off before I said something I’d regret.

Re: last paragraph....yep, that happened

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 19, 2020, 07:55:38 PM »

Side note: Am I misremembering, or did one of Mike's brothers call Blondie the N-word or something similarly disgusting in the early 1970s, thus leading to him quitting?  I'm guessing that is behavior which the white supremacist fellow Luckey who put on this Trump event would have been totally fine with, and I'll bet half or more of the attendees would just look the other way at it without any care.

Re: last paragraph....yep, that happened

I can't imagine what Blondie is feeling like right now about both Love brothers. Man.

I'm sure Blondie didn't forget what was said back then, just as I'd imagine that awful memory would probably cross his mind when seeing Mike publicly (using Blondie's former band) supporting a white supremacist "stand back and stand by" sympathizer who has "never been anything but kind to us".

Keep defending Trump, y'all. And Mike too. Great, great people with enormous capacities for empathy, and totally not narcissists in the slightest. Totally not whatsoever.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2020, 08:06:31 PM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: October 19, 2020, 08:23:31 PM »

This may be the ugliest thread on this board in its entire history. Honestly moving it to the sandbox might be appropriate, except for the Mike part of it. You know what the most f***ed up part of this whole thing (besides having to read the complete and utter bullshit downplaying a disease that has killed so  many people and affected so many lives, including my own )? Keeping it BB related, the band’s name is associated with an event that is going to have a negative impact on the brand (and would even if they were supporting Biden), which may *potentially* turn some people off to the point they won’t be interested in the boxed set. Unless....that’s one of the reasons he did it. Oh sh*t....hmm...

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
DonnyL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: October 19, 2020, 09:37:47 PM »

A lot of TDS on this thread. Whatever you think of him, please remember he is the first President in decades to not start a war. Brokered the middle east peace deal. Remember the guarantees from CNN, MSNBC, and many in the media? The economy will crash, Russian collusion will be proven, minority unemployment will hit all time highs, there will be a war with North Korea, the embassy will not be moved to Jerusalem, the stock market will crash,. How many of these have panned out? Trump donates his salary. But he won't denounce white supremacy right? Oh only dozens of times. Look at all the decrepit democratic run cities....hmmm? When a story comes out about Biden's corruption FB and Twitter ban it. They claim not verified while allowing countless Trump stories to remain up even after being debunked. The fact that this post will probably force this thread to be locked  because it shines a good light on The President after pages of open Trump bashing has been allowed might be something to think about.

He’s close to starting a civil war with his complete and absolute lack of leadership and any sense of responsibility. I don’t care for Biden either - and I’m not a Democrat.

You’re drinking the kool-aid bro - “decrepit Democrat run cities” ha. It’s always beautiful here in Oakland CA - but clearly you’re watching Fox News and listening to Trump’s propaganda or something.

I agree with you and the right wing on Facebook, Twitter, etc - censorship in every way. Who the hell is FB - one of the shadiest corporations to ever exist - to tell me what is “disinformation”? Ha. But two wrongs don’t make a right. Trump is exceedingly dangerous. We’ve all been warned. Biden is by far the lesser of two evils. And they are both evil indeed.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2020, 09:44:55 PM by DonnyL » Logged

marcella27
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 19, 2020, 09:41:56 PM »

Can I implore people to be civil, even when faced with opinions that you may find extremely upsetting? We have to learn (or re-learn) to have some tolerance for views that dont match our own.  There are some opinions that have been stated here that I disagree with 100%, but that's okay.  The hate and division have to stop somewhere.
doinnothin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 19, 2020, 09:47:15 PM »

More peopl liked this tweet than signed the Feel Flows petition  LOL

took me a while to understand what was going on in this thread. mainly because i thought that veggie was a bokchoy
DonnyL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: October 19, 2020, 09:53:28 PM »

Can I implore people to be civil, even when faced with opinions that you may find extremely upsetting? We have to learn (or re-learn) to have some tolerance for views that dont match our own.  There are some opinions that have been stated here that I disagree with 100%, but that's okay.  The hate and division have to stop somewhere.

I think we can respectfully discuss political differences - I personally am not firmly liberal nor conservative. I’ve registered Independent, Republican, and Democrat to vote for various candidates over the years.

But when statements made in this thread are personally offensive to me, I respond appropriately.

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: October 19, 2020, 10:41:44 PM »

Can I implore people to be civil, even when faced with opinions that you may find extremely upsetting? We have to learn (or re-learn) to have some tolerance for views that dont match our own.  There are some opinions that have been stated here that I disagree with 100%, but that's okay.  The hate and division have to stop somewhere.

I think we can respectfully discuss political differences - I personally am not firmly liberal nor conservative. I’ve registered Independent, Republican, and Democrat to vote for various candidates over the years.

But when statements made in this thread are personally offensive to me, I respond appropriately.

Same here (I’m also independent and vote based on the candidates), and definitely agree with the last statement.

Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 19, 2020, 11:28:51 PM »

If this really upsets Brian and Al as much it as upsets the people on this board, then they should use this as an excuse to revoke the touring license Mike has.
I do seem to recall the Beach Boys playing for the Reagan's a couple times, was anyone upset about that?
I hate Donald Trump. IMO, he is the worst President the US has ever had. If Mike Love wants to throw his support being a rude, vile, lying fascist with a bad haircut, that's his right. If it bothers me, then I should stop going to his concerts, stop buying his music.
Fortunately, I am able to keep music and politics separate, and, for example, still enjoy the music of the Charlie Daniels Band, even  though the guy was a raving "right wing Bible in one hand, assault rifle in the other" lunatic.
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 20, 2020, 02:16:26 AM »

Rolling Stone is running the story on their Facebook page.

As expected, Mike is being savaged!

Terrible PR for the brand and future sales for projects like the
“Feel Flows” Box.

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
SBonilla
« Reply #94 on: October 20, 2020, 04:15:08 AM »

Yep, this thread has brought the trumpfuqing termites out of the woodwoork.
When I joined I thought this place might be too good to be true. My first inclination was right.
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 20, 2020, 05:47:08 AM »

Know what's interesting? It is Trump supporters who are called fascists. It is Trump supporters who are called violent. It is Trump supporters who are called "termites". I even saw someone wish COVID-19 on someone in this thread. Ever think that the vehemently unstable discrimination and taunting of Trump supporters is actually a form of fascism: where you are name-calling, berating, and delegitimizing a group of people for being different than you?

It is interesting, because, in the past, I have always thought of left leaning people to be a lot more understanding about the plight and shortcomings of fellow human beings. But anytime I see someone out themselves as a Trump supporter they are disavowed, cast away, berated, name-called, in some cases they are physically assaulted by someone on the left. It's to the point where some of the biggest social-media companies are censoring and blocking people due to a political leaning...that in itself is definitely a form of fascism.

Might I suggest that you treat those who are different than you with an ounce of respect/sympathy. We all come from different backgrounds and all have different brain chemistry. We all have vastly different viewpoints that conflict with one-another. But we also have the ability to talk about those conflicting viewpoints in a rational manner that can lead to bridges being built instead of burned. I think we can all agree that name-calling and discrimination will only lead to more hurt.

Basically, if you think a certain group is being fascist, perhaps don't adopt their tactics and instead be a light in the darkness you see.

With that out of the way. I do not think Mike should do this concert. Two things:

- Keep the music away from any form of politics. Pet Sounds was recently called out for it's supposed racist "impact" on culture. Whether or not you think Trump is a racist, he is still a lightning rod for racial controversy. And for a band whose first major hit was a complete rip off of an African American's rock song (who had to sue to get credit on the song), its probably not the best optics to align your band with such a political minefield right now. Especially during this time of racial divide in our country. To piggy-back this, there are those who think The Beach Boys legacy can never be tarnished - might I suggest they read the PopMatters article I linked above, and contemplate how in this day and age anything can be distorted to fit a narrative. As the PopMatters article shows, The Beach Boys aren't immune to political controversy, especially if Mike Love keeps stepping into the political swamp.

- COVID-19. At this point I've known a lot of people who have gotten COVID, and I'd be very surprised if I wasn't exposed to it yet. I'm fairly certain the survival rate is incredibly high. However, it is still deadly to a certain group of people. Based on studies I have seen, I don't think that socially distanced outdoor venues are super-spreader events, however, there is still a chance of spreading the virus. I hope that anyone who does attend this event isn't of a vulnerable age-group (which actually excludes The Beach Boys themselves from this event lol). Edit; and I want to add that the concert/fundraiser would most likely very much not be a socially distanced one. So again, I don't think it should take place.

By the way, the headline name is "Mike Love and The Beach Boys"? Wouldn't this be more appropriate as "Mike Love and a Beach Boy" considering Bruce is the only other official member of the band who plays in that touring group?
« Last Edit: October 20, 2020, 05:50:46 AM by rab2591 » Logged

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
roffels
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 20, 2020, 06:22:06 AM »

Know what's interesting? It is Trump supporters who are called fascists. It is Trump supporters who are called violent. It is Trump supporters who are called "termites". I even saw someone wish COVID-19 on someone in this thread. Ever think that the vehemently unstable discrimination and taunting of Trump supporters is actually a form of fascism: where you are name-calling, berating, and delegitimizing a group of people for being different than you?

It is interesting, because, in the past, I have always thought of left leaning people to be a lot more understanding about the plight and shortcomings of fellow human beings. But anytime I see someone out themselves as a Trump supporter they are disavowed, cast away, berated, name-called, in some cases they are physically assaulted by someone on the left. It's to the point where some of the biggest social-media companies are censoring and blocking people due to a political leaning...that in itself is definitely a form of fascism.

If you haven't already, read up on the tolerance of intolerance paradox. It gives insight on why you're seeing this behavior. I'm not sure what the answer is, but no, you don't need to respect fascist behavior or tolerate it. Unfortunately we're all being drug down.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2020, 06:23:21 AM by roffels » Logged
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 20, 2020, 06:38:30 AM »

If you haven't already, read up on the tolerance of intolerance paradox.

I'm not saying that people need to sit idly by. I'm saying that if there are facts to be presented, present them in a rational manner. If someone is spreading disinformation, correct it without name-calling or discrimination. Some have been very cordial in this thread, some not. I just hope the latter (on whatever political side) would realize that mocking people, genitalia, wishing disease, or outright cutting ties with fellow posters isn't going to bring about the world we want to live in.

no, you don't need to respect fascist behavior or tolerate it.

But you also shouldn't fight bigotry with more bigotry. You shouldn't fight fascism with more fascism. You can't fight hate with more hate and expect a good outcome. There was an African American on Joe Rogan's podcast who talked about taking members of the Klan out to lunch just to talk with them. He ended up helping so many Klan members leave the KKK just by simply treating these people with a little dignity (when they probably didn't deserve it). He didn't stand for fascist behavior and fought against it, but he did so with an open mind/heart, instead of with hateful words and divisiveness.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
Sam_BFC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 20, 2020, 07:04:25 AM »

Rab makes good points The guy that befriended KKK members? Daryl Davis, he's a musician too. What a man. He has certainly seen "a thing or two".

https://www.ted.com/talks/daryl_davis_what_do_you_do_when_someone_just_doesn_t_like_you/transcript?language=en

"..be cautious, don't get your hopes up, look over your shoulder because heartbreak and darkness are always ready to pounce"

petsoundsnola
Rob Dean
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 20, 2020, 07:11:23 AM »

This may be the ugliest thread on this board in its entire history. Honestly moving it to the sandbox might be appropriate, except for the Mike part of it. You know what the most f***ed up part of this whole thing (besides having to read the complete and utter bullshit downplaying a disease that has killed so  many people and affected so many lives, including my own )? Keeping it BB related, the band’s name is associated with an event that is going to have a negative impact on the brand (and would even if they were supporting Biden), which may *potentially* turn some people off to the point they won’t be interested in the boxed set. Unless....that’s one of the reasons he did it. Oh sh*t....hmm...

Billy good shout , or even DELETE this thread - I am a simple Englishman  Grin and really don't want to read American Politics (if thats what its called) and loads of racist slurs on a BB's forum
This thread really is dividing US (as in us , you & me etc) FANS and turning into another shitstorm (one of AGDs greatest comments)   
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx