gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 06:54:07 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Trump fundraiser in Orange County featuring Mike and 'The Beach Boys'  (Read 38874 times)
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 19, 2020, 11:18:46 AM »

As a huge Beach Boys fan and a strong conservative centered around the importance of values, morals and ethics, I'm proud that Mike is playing the Trump sponsored concert.   For all my other musical 'heroes' that have supported the politics of hatred, divide, racism and suppression of freedoms (liberals), I'm glad that the Beach Boys band name is being represented on the right side of history.    Congrats to Mike.   Remember, the thoughts shared on these boards are not as widespread as you'd like to believe.   Americans in the vast majority of states, cities and counties elected Trump as our President because he stood for the political decisions/directions we so desired after being on the brink of a civil war with President Obama.   The seething anger of racism generated by that man's words and actions were unlike anything this country had saw, but the media and these boards rarely bothered to notice or report.  

For fucks sake, you’re completely missing the point that they’re playing a concert for a crowd during a pandemic. I don’t give a sh*t about Mike’s politics or your politics, it doesn’t change that it’s stupid and dangerous and against CDC guidelines.

Sam_BFC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 19, 2020, 11:23:18 AM »

For all my other musical 'heroes' that have supported the politics of hatred, divide, racism and suppression of freedoms (liberals), I'm glad that the Beach Boys band name is being represented on the right side of history.    Congrats to Mike.   Remember, the thoughts shared on these boards are not as widespread as you'd like to believe.   Americans in the vast majority of states, cities and counties elected Trump as our President because he stood for the political decisions/directions we so desired after being on the brink of a civil war with President Obama.   The seething anger of racism generated by that man's words and actions were unlike anything this country had saw, but the media and these boards rarely bothered to notice or report.  

Plenty of hatred, division and racism to be found on both sides of this crippling culture war. I don't doubt that you have a point but I think people need to call out both sides otherwise division will continue to reign supreme at everyone's collective expense.

Obama cannot be beyond criticism, but if the US was on the brink of civil war after the Obama years, goodness knows where it is at now.

"..be cautious, don't get your hopes up, look over your shoulder because heartbreak and darkness are always ready to pounce"

petsoundsnola
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: October 19, 2020, 11:25:22 AM »

As a huge Beach Boys fan and a strong conservative centered around the importance of values, morals and ethics, I'm proud that Mike is playing the Trump sponsored concert.   For all my other musical 'heroes' that have supported the politics of hatred, divide, racism and suppression of freedoms (liberals), I'm glad that the Beach Boys band name is being represented on the right side of history.    Congrats to Mike.   Remember, the thoughts shared on these boards are not as widespread as you'd like to believe.   Americans in the vast majority of states, cities and counties elected Trump as our President because he stood for the political decisions/directions we so desired after being on the brink of a civil war with President Obama.   The seething anger of racism generated by that man's words and actions were unlike anything this country had saw, but the media and these boards rarely bothered to notice or report. 

For fucks sake, you’re completely missing the point that they’re playing a concert for a crowd during a pandemic. I don’t give a sh*t about Mike’s politics or your politics, it doesn’t change that it’s stupid and dangerous and against CDC guidelines.

EXACTLY, and as someone who DID have Covid and have had complications since, I have a major issue

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Amy B.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 19, 2020, 11:26:35 AM »

So basically what I'm reading is that the problem isn't that you don't agree with what Mike is doing... but you just don't agree with his politics.

Okie dokie, join the club. 99% of the artists I listen to would probably call me horrible things because I happen to disagree with them.

Let's say the situation were reversed. Let's say Brian had the BBs name license and decided to do a Biden event. (I'm not saying Brian is a Biden supporter. This is totally hypothetical.) Knowing Mike is NOT a Biden supporter, would I think it was ok for Brian to have the "Beach Boys" to do a Biden event? Mmmm...no. Honestly, I would say Brian should do it under his own name. Wouldn't you? (And while I put Trump in a totally different stratosphere than Reagan, Bush, and W, I also think Mike-as-the-BBs doing any events for them without the go-ahead from the others would be wrong. But I think the Reagan/Bush stuff WAS with the permission of the others, who even participated. And again, this is putting aside that I think Trump is not even a politician. He's a completely different thing.)
Amy B.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 19, 2020, 11:29:30 AM »

As a huge Beach Boys fan and a strong conservative centered around the importance of values, morals and ethics, I'm proud that Mike is playing the Trump sponsored concert.   For all my other musical 'heroes' that have supported the politics of hatred, divide, racism and suppression of freedoms (liberals), I'm glad that the Beach Boys band name is being represented on the right side of history.    Congrats to Mike.   Remember, the thoughts shared on these boards are not as widespread as you'd like to believe.   Americans in the vast majority of states, cities and counties elected Trump as our President because he stood for the political decisions/directions we so desired after being on the brink of a civil war with President Obama.   The seething anger of racism generated by that man's words and actions were unlike anything this country had saw, but the media and these boards rarely bothered to notice or report.  

Oh, I thought there were two issues here: The covid issue AND the political issue. I have a problem with both.
Amy B.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 19, 2020, 11:31:27 AM »

Let's say the situation were reversed. Let's say Brian had the BBs name license and decided to do a Biden event. (I'm not saying Brian is a Biden supporter. This is totally hypothetical.) Knowing Mike is NOT a Biden supporter, would I think it was ok for Brian to have the "Beach Boys" to do a Biden event? Mmmm...no. Honestly, I would say Brian should do it under his own name. Wouldn't you? (And while I put Trump in a totally different stratosphere than Reagan, Bush, and W, I also think Mike-as-the-BBs doing any events for them without the go-ahead from the others would be wrong. But I think the Reagan/Bush stuff WAS with the permission of the others, who even participated. And again, this is putting aside that I think Trump is not even a politician. He's a completely different thing.)

I should add here, since apparently I missed the point of the thread, I would say Brian should do it under his own name IF there wasn't a pandemic. Given the pandemic, I would be horrified if he (or anyone else) did it at all.
Sam_BFC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 19, 2020, 11:32:57 AM »

Sorry to hear that Billy. I know of other people that have also suffered terrible consequences.

The thing with Trump, like Boris Johnson in UK, is that they both were able to jump the queue as it were and get the best preemptive treatment before their cases developed. Sadly that cannot be available to everyone, but I fear their high profile recoveries downplayed some people's sense of how serious the virus can be, unless they have first or second hand experience of it.

"..be cautious, don't get your hopes up, look over your shoulder because heartbreak and darkness are always ready to pounce"

petsoundsnola
Nathan Snyder
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 19, 2020, 11:33:57 AM »

Hi Rocky.  No, I didn't miss that point.  I think its perfectly okay to play a concert during a 'pandemic' because I don't believe its a 'pandemic'.   Survival rates are over 99.9% and nearly half of the reported deaths are dying WITH COVID, not OF COVID.  And American numbers include all the states where liberal Governors placed COVID patients in nursing homes with those most susceptible!  I live near Lancaster, PA where this occurred.  It was truly heartbreaking.  The elderly were killed and then the numbers are now used on Biden ads as political fodder.   The numbers are completely overstated and the real truth is in overall deaths from year to year.   We all have family in the medical field and some in the undertaking field continually exposing death certificates where COVID was slapped on because of the financial incentives.  We also all have families with real examples of healthy people dying of COVID.  No doubt, the virus is real and dangerous, but its been totally blown out of proportion for government control which is making much worse scenarios than simply protecting those most vulnerable.  Luckily, Trump cut off travel to China early on.   Remember, the experts stated for years including this spring that masks do nothing.   Now, people are turning against each other because they bought into the hype that MY MASK PROTECTS YOU.   No, your mask is having more ill affects on you having to breathe your own 'exhaust' all day long.   We could publicize stories on a daily basis of heathly individuals dying from a variety of common illnesses.   This was an evil political opportunity.  For instance, cancer patients are in much higher numbers and always have been more susceptible to illnesses and we didn't care for them with COVID-like precautions??   And obviously, the media is outraged by Trump's rallies but has no problem with the racist protestors that rioted in our USA cities and streets most of the summer months???
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 19, 2020, 11:43:16 AM »

Hi Rocky.  No, I didn't miss that point.  I think its perfectly okay to play a concert during a 'pandemic' because I don't believe its a 'pandemic'.   Survival rates are over 99.9% and nearly half of the reported deaths are dying WITH COVID, not OF COVID.  And American numbers include all the states where liberal Governors placed COVID patients in nursing homes with those most susceptible!  I live near Lancaster, PA where this occurred.  It was truly heartbreaking.  The elderly were killed and then the numbers are now used on Biden ads as political fodder.   The numbers are completely overstated and the real truth is in overall deaths from year to year.   We all have family in the medical field and some in the undertaking field continually exposing death certificates where COVID was slapped on because of the financial incentives.  We also all have families with real examples of healthy people dying of COVID.  No doubt, the virus is real and dangerous, but its been totally blown out of proportion for government control which is making much worse scenarios than simply protecting those most vulnerable.  Luckily, Trump cut off travel to China early on.   Remember, the experts stated for years including this spring that masks do nothing.   Now, people are turning against each other because they bought into the hype that MY MASK PROTECTS YOU.   No, your mask is having more ill affects on you having to breathe your own 'exhaust' all day long.   We could publicize stories on a daily basis of heathly individuals dying from a variety of common illnesses.   This was an evil political opportunity.  For instance, cancer patients are in much higher numbers and always have been more susceptible to illnesses and we didn't care for them with COVID-like precautions??   And obviously, the media is outraged by Trump's rallies but has no problem with the racist protestors that rioted in our USA cities and streets most of the summer months???

Cool, I hope you get infected since you seem to think it's no big deal.

Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 19, 2020, 12:23:54 PM »

Waiter....check and my coat please.  Shocked
NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 19, 2020, 12:27:17 PM »

The bottom line is that I’m concerned for them. Hasn’t Bruce had some health issues in recent years?
Once again I’m so glad Brian and his band aren’t touring, and that one of his last shows was in suburban New Orleans on the first weekend of Carnival (Mardi Gras). Mainly locals that weekend. The following weekend people came from all over the world, and the city for the next month or two rivaled New York City as “ground zero” in the US. Nowadays the city is super safe compared to the rest of the country (infection rate around 1% -  some places in the US have infection rates over 20%). But trust me it was so sad dealing with sick friends, overflowing Intensive Care areas, several “icons” in the city succumbing.
Please, please take it seriously. Wear the freakin mask! Thank you.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2020, 12:29:31 PM by NOLA BB Fan » Logged

"No White Flags." - Team Gleason

"(Brian) got into this really touching music with songs like 'In My Room', and 'Good Vibrations' was amazing. The melodies are so beautiful, almost perfect. I began to realize he was one of the most gifted writers of our generation." - Paul Simon

"The best thing you can be 'like' in music is yourself." Dr. John
chrism1971
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 19, 2020, 01:03:45 PM »

The thing with Trump, like Boris Johnson in UK, is that they both were able to jump the queue as it were and get the best preemptive treatment before their cases developed. Sadly that cannot be available to everyone, but I fear their high profile recoveries downplayed some people's sense of how serious the virus can be, unless they have first or second hand experience of it.
From the UK - while I'm no doubt in your ballpark of the argument, it's only fair (to the truth, whatever that is these days) to point out that the British PM did not receive any preferential treatment, in fact (as so often in this crisis) was slow off the mark to get himself into a hospital ward. Once there, he had oxygen but, as far as we know, no special drugs (unlike DT). He went back to work far too early in the opinion of some, who felt he may have suffered some short term memory loss. Secondly, BJ's near-death experience with Covid actually sharpened the UK population's understanding of it, not the reverse. And I'm not a fan (of either man). Since then, the mostly very aware UK population has been rather let down by the indecisiveness of its leaders (in England, at least).... but you certainly wouldn't get a carefree election rally happening here.
chrism1971
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 19, 2020, 01:09:49 PM »

Luckily, Trump cut off travel to China early on.  
This one always makes us think over here. China - cases 85,685, deaths 4,634; USA - cases 8,428,386, deaths 225,044.
Nathan Snyder
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 19, 2020, 01:22:45 PM »

This one always makes us think over here. China - cases 85,685, deaths 4,634; USA - cases 8,428,386, deaths 225,044.

One of those numbers is vastly underreported based on independent research from Wuhan, urn distribution and cremation statistics not to mention almost universal lack of testing and reporting by a Communist government and one of those numbers is vastly overreported based on deaths while testing positive for COVID but not dying from COVID symptoms.   
Sam_BFC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 19, 2020, 01:25:16 PM »

From the UK - while I'm no doubt in your ballpark of the argument, it's only fair (to the truth, whatever that is these days) to point out that the British PM did not receive any preferential treatment, in fact (as so often in this crisis) was slow off the mark to get himself into a hospital ward. Once there, he had oxygen but, as far as we know, no special drugs (unlike DT). He went back to work far too early in the opinion of some, who felt he may have suffered some short term memory loss. Secondly, BJ's near-death experience with Covid actually sharpened the UK population's understanding of it, not the reverse. And I'm not a fan (of either man). Since then, the mostly very aware UK population has been rather let down by the indecisiveness of its leaders (in England, at least).... but you certainly wouldn't get a carefree election rally happening here.

Fair points. I would only contend that, even if the PM was slow getting into hospital, others had to wait weeks from diagnosis to being considered ill enough to be accepted into hospital, and for some it was sadly too late.

petsoundsnola
Sam_BFC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 19, 2020, 01:27:04 PM »

Yes I would be skeptical of those China numbers.

petsoundsnola
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 19, 2020, 01:33:52 PM »

I feel like this event, on the heels of the despicable trophy hunting event, and on the heels of all of the garbage that Mike continually heaps on the brand name, is eventually going to lead to a "We Are the World"-esque "tribute" song, perhaps called "Mike Makes Us Hurl", dedicated to Mike and his ultimate sucktitude by an array of celebrity musicians who despise him (there is no shortage). For approximately 1000 reasons, Mike is cementing his legacy as a comic book level villain, and will irrevocably going down in music history as the most hated dude in the history of rock music.  
« Last Edit: October 19, 2020, 01:34:38 PM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
doinnothin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 19, 2020, 01:36:35 PM »

Hi Nathan,

It looks like you're taking in a lot of politicized news sources and anecdotes. A lot of the information you're citing has been repeatedly refuted in non-biased fact checks by apolitical groups, and I'd encourage you to be more wary of the places you're getting news from and to try googling some of the information you're citing with the words "fact check" in there to get an alternate perspective from people focused more on accuracy than political perspective.

Best of luck

took me a while to understand what was going on in this thread. mainly because i thought that veggie was a bokchoy
bossaroo
Smiley Smile Associate

...let's be friends...

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 19, 2020, 02:14:13 PM »

also, take your pro-Trump/anti-Obama garbage elsewhere. no one wants to hear that BS here
Join The Human Race
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 19, 2020, 02:16:41 PM »

One of those numbers is vastly underreported based on independent research from Wuhan, urn distribution and cremation statistics not to mention almost universal lack of testing and reporting by a Communist government and one of those numbers is vastly overreported based on deaths while testing positive for COVID but not dying from COVID symptoms.   

Quick question, do you also go by the name Q?
Nathan Snyder
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 19, 2020, 02:17:06 PM »

Hi Nathan,

It looks like you're taking in a lot of politicized news sources and anecdotes. A lot of the information you're citing has been repeatedly refuted in non-biased fact checks by apolitical groups, and I'd encourage you to be more wary of the places you're getting news from and to try googling some of the information you're citing with the words "fact check" in there to get an alternate perspective from people focused more on accuracy than political perspective.

Best of luck

Hello.   Thanks for being cordial with me.  I appreciate it because I know I'm spewing a lot of thoughts contradictory to a lot of the posters.   Smiley   I do realize that many of my comments probably sound like CNN versus Fox.  Ha ha.  You might be surprised to know that we don't subscribe to any TV service in my house.   I don't entirely oppose Fox news, but I watch zero of it because the political sides and arguments lead to so much negativity that I don't want to harp on it each night.   While the survival rates are from the CDC based on prominent age groups, my main points were from a personal prospective.   I have 5 close relatives in the medical field reporting on their thoughts/oversights in inaccurate testing and their insight.   My wife's close family owes a funeral home/undertaking service and has illustrated the inaccuracies in death certificates and policy changes related to COVID funding to insurance companies.   Some were just blatant lies.  The still serious nature of COVID was gained by my own relatives (not immediate family) that had COVID.  We experienced a small handful of COVID related deaths in our extended family.  They were older, higher risk individuals.  As I stated previously, I am also familiar with some of the small business in Lancaster county, PA that were greatly affected during the lockdown and who had first hand knowledge of some of their very own family that died in nursing homes when COVID patients were initially introduced to the facilities.  The death rates pushed the county numbers sky high and our Gov. Tom Wolf (Democrat) chose to shut down commerce by individual county counts which had great detrimental harm to citizens and small business.  
Nathan Snyder
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 19, 2020, 02:18:42 PM »

I'm sorry, but I truly have no idea what you're talking about.   This is the only account I have and I am a longtime lurker who posts very infrequently.   Thanks.

Quick question, do you also go by the name Q?
Nathan Snyder
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 19, 2020, 02:24:06 PM »

also, take your pro-Trump/anti-Obama garbage elsewhere. no one wants to hear that BS here

Okay, no problem.  Duly noted.   I rarely post, but since I saw a couple pages only showing mostly one opinion, I thought I'd throw in my two cents.  I'll shut up now.
DonnyL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: October 19, 2020, 02:47:48 PM »

What “racist protestors” are you talking about dude? If you’re implying civil rights protests in the name of equality for black people is “racist” against white people like I think you are, you can GO F*U*C*K* YOURSELF and I don’t care if I get banned for saying it.

And Mike Love is a piece of sh*t for playing a Trump fundraiser, he can f*** off too. Though I still love Wild Honey.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2020, 02:54:00 PM by DonnyL » Logged

Heywood
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 19, 2020, 03:20:17 PM »

Succinct and to the point thanks Donny!
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 14 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx