gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 11:28:50 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mike to be part of Jerry Lee Lewis tribute  (Read 5019 times)
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« on: October 13, 2020, 08:52:44 AM »

Mike will take part in a birthday celebration to the Killer.
This comes from Facebook:

‘Whole Lotta Celebratin’ Goin’ On: 85 Years of The Killer’ will air on Tuesday, October 27 at 8pm ET/7pm CT via Jerry Lee Lewis’ official Facebook and YouTube channels and JerryLeeLewis.com. The event will benefit World Vision, a Christian organization working to help communities lift themselves out of poverty. For good. www.worldvision.org/jerrylee
The event will be hosted by John Stamos
. Celebrities lined up to celebrate “The Killer” include President Bill Clinton
, Billy F Gibbons
, Bonnie Raitt
, Chris Janson
, Elton John
, Jacob Tolliver
, James Burton
, Jerry Phillips
, Jimmy Swaggart
, Joe Walsh
, Lee Ann Womack
, Linda Gail Lewis
, Lindsay Ell
, Marty Stuart
, Mickey Gilley's,
, The Beach Boy’s Mike Love
, Priscilla Presley
, Tom Jones
, Willie Nelson
and Wink Martindale
along with appearances from Jerry Lee Lewis’ road band, Kenny Lovelace, Ray Gann and Kenny Aronoff
. An additional lineup announcement will follow in the coming weeks.
‘Whole Lotta Celebratin’ Goin’ On: 85 Years of The Killer’ is being produced by Zach Farnum / 117 Entertainment
in association with Jeff Franklin and Tisha Fein.

Check this out as well:

Jerry Lee Lewis Announces 85th Birthday Livestream With Elton John, Bill Clinton, More

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/jerry-lee-lewis-birthday-elton-john-bill-clinton-1074528/

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2020, 10:59:58 AM »

Always name dropping the BBs... LOL

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2020, 11:08:26 AM »

Always. Kinda funny how "The Beach Boy’s" is presented in the singular; while I'm sure it's just a typo, there's some unintentional irony there.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2020, 12:46:19 PM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
NateRuvin
Smiley Smile Associate

"I had to prove that I could make it alone"...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2020, 02:01:23 PM »

Very exciting!
All Summer Long
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2020, 09:13:22 PM »

He’s going to sing “Got to Know the Woman,” mention it was written by his cousin, and announce the release of Feel Flows.  Wink

EDIT: In all seriousness, I am pretty excited for the entire show.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2020, 09:13:50 PM by All Summer Long » Logged
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2020, 08:54:28 AM »

He’s going to sing “Got to Know the Woman,” mention it was written by his cousin, and announce the release of Feel Flows.  Wink

Or, if he forgets to meditate, he could start calling out all the guests.  Roll Eyes

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2020, 10:43:02 AM »

LOL

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2020, 10:59:16 AM »

I'm trying to get word out into the JLL world to play him "Got to know the Woman" and let him record it since 2009. But I haven't been succesfull. On the other hand, I didn't try too hard.
My guess is Mike will perform (if he is to perform a non-JLL song) "Do you remember?", because of the "Great Balls of Fire" quote. Maybe "Rock and Roll to the Rescue", but there's no Jerry Lee mention iirc. Either that or he and Jerry will get into a duell of who was married more often. Although I'm pretty sure, Jerry doesn't care too much about Mike and/or the Beach Boys.

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
thetojo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2020, 01:24:02 PM »

Good to see some classy acts on the bill.

and Mike Love is there too.
Gerry
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2020, 08:18:03 AM »

Mike will do a reworked version of "Brian is Back", yes, you saw it coming: "Jerry is Back"
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2020, 11:39:55 AM »

A couple of new guests have been announced:

Ringo Starr, Keith Richards, John Fogerty, Andy Grammer, Kris Kristofferson and Peyton Manning have just been added to the lineup of "Whole Lotta Celebratin’ Goin’ On: 85 Years of The Killer."

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/entertainment/music/2020/10/20/jerry-lee-lewis-85th-birthday-keith-richards-ringo-starr-join/5988514002/?fbclid=IwAR3jI8Pi5Cj2XmxUyLmLKUppMmVcz4de79ytUA-3KvnlJFlBIJaTKDjB-3s

- Jack Rieley
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2020, 01:05:19 PM »

A couple of new guests have been announced:

Ringo Starr, Keith Richards, John Fogerty, Andy Grammer, Kris Kristofferson and Peyton Manning have just been added to the lineup of "Whole Lotta Celebratin’ Goin’ On: 85 Years of The Killer."

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/entertainment/music/2020/10/20/jerry-lee-lewis-85th-birthday-keith-richards-ringo-starr-join/5988514002/?fbclid=IwAR3jI8Pi5Cj2XmxUyLmLKUppMmVcz4de79ytUA-3KvnlJFlBIJaTKDjB-3s

Oh boy!! More stars for Mike Love to insult. Wouldn't it be great if they all insulted that dick one by one?? Cool Guy

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2020, 01:12:51 PM »

The roast of Mike Love... Evil

The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2020, 02:14:47 PM »

The roast of Mike Love... Evil

LOL LOL LOL Would enjoy all of them making bacon strips out of that pig.  w00t! w00t! w00t!

Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2020, 04:27:01 AM »

Just a reminder for tonight!

Rock and Roll Hall of Fame icon and the “Last Man Standing,” Jerry Lee Lewis, will celebrate his 85th birthday with his millions of fans around the world. The virtual livestream event, hosted by actor John Stamos, will feature performances and well wishes from friends and fans of Lewis. The evening will feature a special moment, the first time in forty years that Jerry Lee has been in the same room with his famous cousins, country legend Mickey Gilley and iconic televangelist Jimmy Swaggart.
Whole Lotta Celebratin’ Goin’ On: 85 Years of The Killer will air on Tuesday, October 27 at 8pm ET / 7pm CT via Jerry Lee Lewis’ official Facebook and YouTube channels and JerryLeeLewis.com - FREE to watch. The event will benefit World Vision, a Christian organization working to help communities lift themselves out of poverty. For good. www.worldvision.org/jerrylee
The current list of celebrities lined up to celebrate “The Killer” includes: Andy Grammer, President Bill Clinton, Billy F Gibbons, Bonnie Raitt, Brenda Lee, Chris Isaak, Chris Janson, Drew Carey, Elton John, Freda Payne, Gavin DeGraw, Jacob Tolliver, James Burton, Jerry Kennedy, Jerry Phillips, Jimmy Swaggart, Joe Walsh, John Fogerty, Keith Richards, Kris Kristofferson, Lee Ann Womack, Linda Gail Lewis, Lindsay Ell, Marty Stuart, Mickey Gilley, The Beach Boy’s Mike Love, Nancy Wilson, Peyton Manning, Priscilla Presley, Randy Houser, Ringo Starr, Tanya Tucker, Tom Jones, Willie Nelson and Wink Martindale along with appearances from Jerry Lee Lewis’ road band, Kenny Lovelace, Ray Gann and Kenny Aronoff.
Join Jerry Lee Lewis for the YouTube and Facebook Premiere of "Whole Lotta Celebratin’ Goin’ On: 85 Years Of The Killer" hosted By John Stamos to air October 27 benefitting World Vision! RSVP Online to get the link to the show sent directly to your Inbox!

- Jack Rieley
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2020, 07:17:11 AM »

Mike seems to be the only artist with a group name attached as a reminder of who he is. Being on the same list as John Fogerty, Ringo Starr and Keith Richards (to name a few) that’s gotta hurt his ego.  Grin
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2020, 08:30:48 AM »

Mike seems to be the only artist with a group name attached as a reminder of who he is. Being on the same list as John Fogerty, Ringo Starr and Keith Richards (to name a few) that’s gotta hurt his ego.  Grin

I love the ego comment. 60 years in and his identity has to be "defined".  LOL LOL LOL LOL

RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2020, 06:08:59 PM »

So what did he croak out for the event?
“Big Daddy”
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2020, 07:48:11 PM »

Skimmed through it on YouTube and looks like Mike’s appearance was limited to a brief message to Jerry Lee at 26:09: https://youtu.be/SuMxwL4Mvm0?t=1568

For those who believe that Brian walks on water, I will always be the Antichrist.
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2020, 08:01:00 PM »

Skimmed through it on YouTube and looks like Mike’s appearance was limited to a brief message to Jerry Lee at 26:09: https://youtu.be/SuMxwL4Mvm0?t=1568

How horrible was that? He can't even sing Happy Birthday without sounding like he's got 20 fluid ounces of phlegm in his old worn out throat. Man, one foot in the grave the other on a banana peel.  Smokin Smokin Smokin

Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2020, 08:15:26 PM »

Had to stand in front of some gold records as if to say ‘I’m famous to you know’. I imagine JLL sitting at home saying ‘who’s that guy again?’ LOL
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2020, 06:40:01 PM »

What a waste.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2020, 09:07:36 AM »

A lot of stars do these thing (standing before gold records). When Brian appeared on Colbert the other night, they even put a Pet Sounds award on the floor beside the piano, just so it would get caught by the camera. There's nothing wrong with that. People are proud of their success.

I imagine JLL sitting at home saying ‘who’s that guy again?’ LOL

Yeah, that could actually be the case. Although the Beach Boys and the Killer toured together in the early 90s IIRC, unfortunately Carl wasn't part of the tour.
I wonder if Jerry Lee would recognize Brian if he saw him. Did they ever meet? About 15 years ago I seem to recall some casting event like "American Idol" was done and Brian and JLL were supposed to be in the jury. I don't know if that ever turned out.
And then there's this of course:

Brian Wilson at the Great Balls of Fire Premiere

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VukniYAus0

I wonder if there will be a better movie about JLL done at some point. As entertaining as GBOF was (and as fantastic as the new soundtrack recordings by JLL), it didn't paint a very realistic picture. The Killer's story is an interesting one and should be told in a well balanced movie imo.

But Marylin and one of Jerry Lee's wives know each other to some extent, which we know because of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hgvvng4Xzj8

- Jack Rieley
Matt H
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2020, 12:14:51 PM »

A lot of stars do these thing (standing before gold records). When Brian appeared on Colbert the other night, they even put a Pet Sounds award on the floor beside the piano, just so it would get caught by the camera. There's nothing wrong with that. People are proud of their success.

I imagine JLL sitting at home saying ‘who’s that guy again?’ LOL

Yeah, that could actually be the case. Although the Beach Boys and the Killer toured together in the early 90s IIRC, unfortunately Carl wasn't part of the tour.
I wonder if Jerry Lee would recognize Brian if he saw him. Did they ever meet? About 15 years ago I seem to recall some casting event like "American Idol" was done and Brian and JLL were supposed to be in the jury. I don't know if that ever turned out.
And then there's this of course:

Brian Wilson at the Great Balls of Fire Premiere

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VukniYAus0

I wonder if there will be a better movie about JLL done at some point. As entertaining as GBOF was (and as fantastic as the new soundtrack recordings by JLL), it didn't paint a very realistic picture. The Killer's story is an interesting one and should be told in a well balanced movie imo.

But Marylin and one of Jerry Lee's wives know each other to some extent, which we know because of this:

Thanks for putting this out there.  I had never heard this before, and just listened to it in the background.  Interesting stuff.
patsy6
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2020, 09:46:44 PM »

Always. Kinda funny how "The Beach Boy’s" is presented in the singular; while I'm sure it's just a typo, there's some unintentional irony there.
I'm so happy that I wasn't the only one to notice that! Sadly, it's not just a typo. Neither people nor computers know the correct usage of the apostrophe anymore. In this case it is pretty funny, though.
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx