gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 11:04:47 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Year is 2032: Mike Love Interview, the Last Living Beach Boy!  (Read 1171 times)
mtaber
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: October 09, 2020, 01:50:44 PM »

A glimpse into the abyss:

Mike is interviewed by John Tesh on Mike’s 91st birthday

JT: Mike, it’s an honor to interview the man who wrote the words to songs like “Fun, Fun, Fun” and “California Girls”!

ML: Words AND MUSIC, John, don’t forget what my lawyers told you before we started talking...

JT: Oh yeah, right! You also wrote most of the other hits by the group, if memory serves?

ML: That’s right, the only one I didn’t write was “Rock and Roll Music”, I’ve never been able to get writer’s credits from the Chuck Berry estate, though everyone knows I wrote the whole darned thing.

JT: If I remember correctly, you had a cousin who used to claim to have written some of the Pet Sounds album.  What’s the story there?

ML: That might be my cousin, oh, what was his name?  Brad?  I know it starts with a “B”...

JT: Wasn’t Brian Wilson your cousin?  And didn’t he used to follow you around and try to get you to write songs with him?

ML:  Yeah, that was his name, BRIAN!  He wasn’t the most memorable guy!  I used to feel sorry for him, he used drugs and didn’t meditate, so I used to let him get some credits on songs I wrote so he could pay his bills. He had a couple of brothers, too, and they were always trying to take credit for stuff I did.  I did a solo album once and Brad’s brother Derek  told people it was his album, I think it was called Atlantic Ocean Grey or something like that. 

You get the drift...
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2020, 02:50:32 PM »

OSD just had a heart attack... Grin

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2020, 03:15:09 PM »

Pretty sure that instead of Feel Flows, Mike is pushing for a box set called THE WILSONS DID DRUGS
Robbie Mac
Smiley Smile Associate

Carl Wilson is not amused.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2020, 09:10:12 PM »

A glimpse into the abyss:

Mike is interviewed by John Tesh on Mike’s 91st birthday

JT: Mike, it’s an honor to interview the man who wrote the words to songs like “Fun, Fun, Fun” and “California Girls”!

ML: Words AND MUSIC, John, don’t forget what my lawyers told you before we started talking...

JT: Oh yeah, right! You also wrote most of the other hits by the group, if memory serves?

ML: That’s right, the only one I didn’t write was “Rock and Roll Music”, I’ve never been able to get writer’s credits from the Chuck Berry estate, though everyone knows I wrote the whole darned thing.

JT: If I remember correctly, you had a cousin who used to claim to have written some of the Pet Sounds album.  What’s the story there?

ML: That might be my cousin, oh, what was his name?  Brad?  I know it starts with a “B”...

JT: Wasn’t Brian Wilson your cousin?  And didn’t he used to follow you around and try to get you to write songs with him?

ML:  Yeah, that was his name, BRIAN!  He wasn’t the most memorable guy!  I used to feel sorry for him, he used drugs and didn’t meditate, so I used to let him get some credits on songs I wrote so he could pay his bills. He had a couple of brothers, too, and they were always trying to take credit for stuff I did.  I did a solo album once and Brad’s brother Derek  told people it was his album, I think it was called Atlantic Ocean Grey or something like that. 

You get the drift...

I dare you to post this over at EH. 😂😂😂

The world could come together as one
If everybody under the sun
Adds some 🎼 to your day
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2020, 09:23:28 PM »

OSD just had a heart attack... Grin

LOL LOL LOL Just placed 2 pills under my tongue. Good for another 25 years!

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx