gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 09:57:03 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Beach Boys Podcast (Mike Godette)  (Read 1304 times)
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« on: September 15, 2020, 07:08:27 AM »

Amazing podcast! I'm not sure if Mike Godette has posted these podcasts here (I haven't seen them but I could've missed it) but I just thought I'd share for anyone interested. I randomly found them while perusing the The Beach Boys reddit page, and I'm so glad I stumbled upon it.

The format is four young fans of The Beach Boys talking about the music - their genuine love for the music brings me back to why I love this band so much. Plus, there is some music theory mixed in in places (much of this goes over my head, but I love hearing about it nonetheless). Not sure if any of the participants (besides Mike) posts here or on other forums, but keep up the great work!

This is the first episode. I haven't listened to the rest of them yet but I am betting they are just as good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vujly8y0z64&t=1076s

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
NateRuvin
Smiley Smile Associate

"I had to prove that I could make it alone"...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2020, 06:05:53 AM »

I'm thrilled and honored to be apart of this podcast!
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2020, 06:10:16 AM »

I'm thrilled and honored to be apart of this podcast!

When the name “Nate” was mentioned I wondered if it was you. Fantastic insights, looking forward to hearing more of these!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
NateRuvin
Smiley Smile Associate

"I had to prove that I could make it alone"...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2020, 07:01:38 AM »

Man, that brings me so much joy to know you're getting a kick out of them! More episodes are on the way  Cool Cool

We'd love any suggestions!
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2020, 08:41:17 AM »

I hope more and more people tune in...your view counts are already impressive given how recently you all started the podcast.

As for suggestions, I would love an episode (or part of an episode) where you all discuss SMiLE in all aspects: BWPS, all the bootlegs you may have heard, The Smile Sessions, Good Vibrations, what your favorite songs off the album are, or what your favorite version is (be it one of the bootlegs or Brian's solo version), your first impressions from when you first heard the Smile material (this question especially intrigues me, because I was stunned when I first heard Smile material considering I still mostly thought of them as a surf band at that point; I like hearing how other people interpreted the music when they first heard it).

Also if you want to start posting them here when you make them it would probably get you all some addition views - and it would be great to discuss the contents of the episodes too.

godette502
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2020, 07:49:07 PM »

Wow thanks so much for the kind words! It makes me so happy knowing that there are people that are enjoying it, we've been loving making it. And thank you for the episode suggestions we will add it to the list for future episodes! Good idea on posting it here too I didn't even think of that for some reason
metal flake paint
Smiley Smile Associate

This harmony kick

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2020, 08:53:55 PM »

Thanks for organizing these Mike, I've really enjoyed these podcasts, great to hear different viewpoints from all participants. Very much looking forward to future installments!

Nate, I especially enjoy the wealth of knowledge and perspectives you share in your endearing laid-back manner  Cool

"Quit screaming and start singing from your hearts, huh?" Murry Wilson, March 1965.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx