gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 09:31:40 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian almost purchasing the L&M movie car  (Read 1717 times)
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: August 17, 2020, 10:07:58 AM »

Just came across this interesting story about how Brian almost purchased the movie car from L&M as a romantic gift for Melinda, until he realized that Melinda didn't want a 1980s Caddy in 2015  Grin

http://topclassiccarsforsale.com/cadillac/68517-1986-cadillac-fleetwood-beach-boys-brian-wilson-movie-car-aaca-winner-1st-place.html

http://www.pmautos.com/auto/?auto=1986-cadillac-fleetwood-

"It is a true story of How the Beach Boys Brian Wilson actually met his second wife Melinda Ledbetter she was an actual Cadillac saleswoman in Los Angeles in 1986. This vehicle was used in the movie to depict the first encounter.

The car Brian Wilson actually bought was a Brougham. The movie company for Love and Mercy sent out emails and went on a long search to find just the right car which they did, nbsp;they had the Brougham to be used.

Upon arriving in Los Angeles for shooting this 1986 Fleetwood was to be a back drop vehicle. Brian Wilson personally hand-picked the car and changed the script to accommodate this vehicle to be used instead of a Brougham because it best suited his memory of that actual day. John Cusack playing the role of Brian Wilson with Elizabeth Banks playing the role of Melinda acted out the scene to perfection.

Brian was so captivated with the car and his memory of his first meeting with his wife shortly after the scene was completed he asked the current owner of this Cadillac if the car was for sale and if he could buy it as a gift for Melinda. Although the car brought back fond memories, understandably she was not excited about having a 1986 Cadillac in 2015. Brian regrettably told our client he would not be buying the vehicle."
« Last Edit: August 17, 2020, 10:10:33 AM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2020, 11:23:35 AM »

Wow that’s awesome

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2020, 02:37:09 PM »

Wow that’s awesome

Just the thought that Brian wanted to get it as a gift for Melinda is sweet and romantic. But I understand why she wouldn't have wanted a vintage car, they are lots of work and if not properly cared for become a giant decaying money pit.

Has Brian ever owned a vintage car? As in a car that in its day was an antique of some sort? I believe Dennis and Mike both did
MyDrKnowsItKeepsMeCalm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2020, 02:46:12 PM »

Wow that’s awesome

Just the thought that Brian wanted to get it as a gift for Melinda is sweet and romantic. But I understand why she wouldn't have wanted a vintage car, they are lots of work and if not properly cared for become a giant decaying money pit.

Has Brian ever owned a vintage car? As in a car that in its day was an antique of some sort? I believe Dennis and Mike both did

...Ole Betsy?

All Summer Long
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2020, 03:59:36 PM »

Wow that’s awesome

...Ole Betsy?

She was born in ‘32...
juggler
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2020, 09:17:45 PM »

Aw.  Such a sweet story.  Pure Brian Wilson.  Heart and sentimentality over cold practicality.    The man certainly has his problems and faults, but can anyone deny his fundamentally sweet disposition?   Aside from all the astounding musical talent and creativity of Brian and group, I've often thought that the real "secret sauce" of the Beach Boys' music was BW's pure-heartedness.

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx